Satellite Pro P300-1AY-need Win Vista 64bit Mass Storage Controller driver by Al[_7_]
Hi, = Please help. = I've got a Toshiba Satellite Pro P300-1AY notebook. This was delivered with Win Vist= a 32bit and now I've upgraded to Win Vista 64bit. I've managed to find all the drivers except the 'Mass Storage Controller' driver (ye= llow exclamation mark in Device Manager). It was suggested to install Intel Robson Package but this didn=E2=80=99t solve the p= roblem; the exclamation...
January 21st 09 11:30 PM
by Al[_7_] Go to last post
0 190
Vista Home Premium 32 does'nt recognize External Harddisc by RPvD
When the disc is connected with firewire/usb, the right driver is intalled, but the computer doesn't show the station anywhere. I booted again, the disc is recognized in the bios, but it isn't shown anywhere when the computer started. Who can help me with this problem? Thnx in advance! --
January 21st 09 04:29 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
5 208
DisplayPort by dinesh
*Information on the DisplayPort™ Digital Display Interface* DisplayPort is a new, open, industry standard digital display interface, developed by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) Display Systems Committee. DisplayPort is this next generation display interface, and it is designed to serve as a broadly deployable connectivity solution for PCs, monitors, flat panels, projectors,...
January 21st 09 04:43 AM
by dinesh Go to last post
2 189
Vista USB Printer install issue by bhennon
Well, i had high hopes that installing printers on Vista would work better than previous version of windows but as it turns out it is worse! I have an HP P2015dn printer. I hooked it up to my Vista enterprise machine via usb and it was recognized. The wizard took me to a point where it was asking for the driver disk. I dont have the disk so i decided to hit "Cancell" so that it would be...
January 21st 09 03:30 AM
by LVTravel Go to last post
6 203
USB port stopped working by spud
One of the 2 USB at the front of my PB desktop has stopped working. I uninstalled all the ports but this one is still not working.My friend suggested a clean install but I am reluctant as I have 300gig on this drive that will need to be backedup beforehand.Anything else I can try or is it likely to be a motherboard fault. I was using these 2 ports to backup some laptop drives before one...
January 21st 09 02:21 AM
by dj2freaky71 Go to last post
2 217
Does not recognize Windows Mobile 5 device by Rick Lederman
I just received a new Vista Business machine. I installed Windows Mobile Device Center version 6.0.6783 and when I plug in a Windows Mobile 5 device (Symbol MC70) Windows says it does not recognize the device. Help? Rick Lederman
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 09 08:38 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
11 381
Compatiablity wizard by randallrivy11
can anyone tell me where to fidn the compatiablity wizard is in windows vista home prem 32 bit thanks -- randallrivy11
January 20th 09 07:28 PM
by randallrivy11 Go to last post
3 179
Vista Media Center remote volume vs Sidewinder X6 keyboard software by RalfG[_3_]
Ever since installing an MS Sidewinder X6 keyboard 9 (Intellitype Pro 6.3 software) the volume control on my MC remote has been non-responsive within Vista Media Center. It still works to control the master volume on the desktop when Media Center is not running and volume levels within some other media player software. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this or is aware of a known...
January 20th 09 03:16 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
0 226
LinkSys WRT54G Stops allowing internet access by Spirit
My WRT54G will stop allowing internet access every couple of days, more or less. We had two of these are work which were SEVERAL years older and they did same thing. I have Vista which I doubt is issue since the older ones at work had 95/98 and XP machines. Mine is Ver 8.0 with latest firmware and ones at work were 3 years older and probably never had firmware updates. My access was only physical...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 09 12:35 PM
by Bill Leary Go to last post
17 416
Vista 64 doesn't see 8 gigs of ram. Just 4 by Zombie[_2_]
Motherboard combo EVGA nforce 780i SLl w/ Intel quadcore 2 Q6700 2.66ghz Case= Apevia MX-ALIEN-BK/500 Hard drive=Western Digital Caviar Greenpower 500gb 7200, 16mb sata-300 oem x 2 http://asr.smakugames.com/e107_images/emotes/default/smile.png] Power supply= UltraX3 ULT40064 1000 watt w/memory sticks! Corsair TWINX 4096mb pc6400 ddr2 x 4 Vid Card=BFG Geforce GTX 280 video card 1gb, gddr3, PCIe...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 20th 09 09:47 AM
by Dave Warren Go to last post
22 486
Vista not reporting the correct amount in Sys Properties by joshuar19
I have a HP Pavilion a1110n desktip pc. The specs a MSI K8MM3-V motherboard, AMD Sempron 3400+ (2.0 GHz), 1.5 gb of ram, 128 mb NVIDIA GeForce 5200 agp 8x video card, onboard sound, lan, agare modem, standard mouse/keyboard, 17" monitor, epson perfection 3490 series, and canon ip1800 usb printer. The problem is that the system properties is showing 12 gb of memory installed, when the task...
January 20th 09 05:36 AM
by joshuar19 Go to last post
0 173
E Drive by eyore953
Hi I have a dell inspiron 5303 brand new and i was not able to play a cd--that has been corrected but now i cannot burn a cd-it tells me that the e drive is not recognized. I used geek support and they could not get it to recognize. I am a geek myself so if you can help please give it to me in laymen's terms:huh: Thank you -- eyore953
January 20th 09 12:31 AM
by eyore953 Go to last post
7 222
Mouse cursor disappearing with multiple monitors by E-Jack
I have an HP Pavillion laptop running vista home premium (if any of that is relevant) Anyway, most of the time I have it hooked up to a second monitor, with "Extend my desktop onto this monitor" setting so I have more screen space to work with However, whenever the displays switch off (after 20 minutes of inactivity or whatever), or sleep mode or hibernate mode, the mouse cursor will usually...
January 19th 09 06:24 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 202
Installation of Wireless Printer Issues by jp1253
I need some help with setting up a wireless printer. I followed the instructions provided but I still can not see the printer as a wireless device. 1) First issue is with the Brother Wireless Printer - model -MFC-490CW. Instructions indicates to enter the WEP kep but the first 5 digits are accept not all 10. Why? If I enter only the first 5 the printer indicates that it is connected via the...
January 19th 09 05:19 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
1 169
USB mouse via PS2 KVM works when 2nd USM mouse plugged in by xenon2000
Odd behaviour. IOGear PS2 KVM 2-port built in cables. USB MS optical wheel mouse using its included USB-PS2 adapter. With Vista x32 Business with SP1, I have no issues. The setup works as expected. But with Vista x64 Ultimate with SP1, the mouse via the KVM mouse only works if I have a 2nd USB mouse plugged directly into the PC while Vista boots up. After it's booted, I can unplug the extra...
January 19th 09 04:49 PM
by xenon2000 Go to last post
0 193
inter partition large file transfer problem by [email protected]
When i try to copy a file 300MB from one location say Local Disk:D to Local Disk:E the computer freezes. So as to tackle the problem i tried to analyze the disk writing characteristic by looking at resource monitor. i have Windows vista OS. during the transfer it transfers certain amount of data then the orange light indicating the harddisk level in the CPU stop to blink ie it remains glowing....
January 19th 09 12:48 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 195
My Optical Drive (CD, DVD Rom) doesn't work. by P.J.
I don’t know why my optical drives disappeared on my computer lists? I tried to re-install the driver but still don’t work? Also I downloading and updated driver but still doesn’t work? I am running with VISTA Home Basic and Acer Aspire 5570. Optical device is TSSTcorp CDW / DVD TS-L462D Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 19th 09 12:35 AM
by wagnergg Go to last post
11 337
Code 31 and PDI Kernel Ports Device Driver by Lenny
I am not a techie, so maKE IT SIMPLE IF POSSIBLE. When I log on to Vista I get a pop up that tells me I have to install the driver but then when I try I get the window's cannot load the driver required for this device-- If I open the device manager it tells me the deviced is working properly. Any ideas? Thanks Lenny
January 18th 09 11:24 PM
by Peter Foldes[_2_] Go to last post
1 224
Does this sound like a Graphics card hardware error? by chand
Hello everyone, I just want to know if a graphics card is not working, would it prevent me logging into vista? like there isn't enough graphics to boot vista? is this possible? Also would a malfunctioning graphics card cause weird symbols in the BIOS, like weird vertical lines, dollar signs replacing spaces, E's replacing F's, A's replacing N's etc.? Also could a power surge possibly damage the...
January 18th 09 07:45 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 176
Bluetooth with no passkey ??? by John1234
Hello, There is a problem with using the Microsoft stacks for setting up a Bluetooth connection to a device that does not require any passkey. The device use Bluetooth SPP (Serial Port Profile). When you select the "no passkey" during the discovery process, everything looks fine but the Microsoft driver comes back and still requires a passkey after the discovery.
January 18th 09 04:35 PM
by nyc_geek Go to last post

From The