Speakers Won't Work by Luvflt
I have a new computer but I am using my old Dell 5.1 speakers. I am running Vista Home Premium, I have an Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT graphics card, Realteck High Definition Audio Sound (integrated) and a HP w2207h Monitor. The monitor output is HDMI or VGA. The Nvidia input is only AVI. I have a HDMI-AVI cord so I can run from HDMI on my monitor to AVI on the Nvidia. The Realteck is set to Speakers...
January 18th 09 02:46 PM
by Luvflt Go to last post
3 229
Vista x64 BSODs by Barry[_7_]
I keep having BSODs in Vista Ultimate 64bit Home version. The BSODs happen all the time, without any noticeable pattern. I've had it happen opening iTunes, opening Windows Explorer, opening various apps. And it doesn't just happen while they are opening. I'll be listening to several songs in a row in iTunes when it crashes. Also, I've had it occur just booting up, so heat can be ruled...
January 17th 09 10:39 PM
by Paul J. Hurley Go to last post
7 239
My computer freezes and shuts down unexpectedly! by Ms. Keller
My computer continues to freeze up and shut down unexpectedly. Or it will freeze up and I will have to shut it down. Sometimes it has a blue screen that comes up that will say that it had to automatically shut down due to a problem. Please help me figure out what is wrong with my computer.
January 17th 09 09:51 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 187
Bootmgr cant startup repair dont know why :/ by memzo94
http://www.vistax64.com/images/styles/vista/statusicon/user_online.gif] '' (http://www.vistax64.com/reputation.php?p=942145) '' (http://www.vistax64.com/report.php?p=942145) *Windows Vista 32 bit can find OS to startup repair!* Yesterday i tryed to reformate my computer and it came i error . i dont have any backup. i choose restart then it can...
January 17th 09 08:48 PM
by peter Go to last post
1 213
Vista Will NOT Recognize 2nd SATA Hard Drive! by technomann
Just installed a Seagate 250 GB SATA hard drive in bay 2 of my HP Compac dv9000 series laptop. However, no matter what I do, VIsta Home Premium will not recognize the 2nd drive. It does NOT show up in Disk Manager in the Computer Management console or in Explorer. If I go into Setup the BIOS says that the drive is there. However it does'nt exist in Windows Vista. Does anyone have a clue as to why...
January 17th 09 08:01 PM
by technomann Go to last post
8 223
reboot and select proper boot device by ineedhelp92688
I recently built a computer with a MSI K9A2 CF-F motherboard. The hardrive is completely new and clean. I need to install vista on it. However, the computer won't boot from the bootable dvd. It shows the message "Reboot and select proper boot device." I tried to boot from an Ubuntu live dvd, but that didn't work either. Could it be because my dvd drive isn't compatible with my mother board??????...
January 17th 09 06:50 PM
by randallrivy11 Go to last post
5 240
mouse wierdness by jmg
hi, on windows and games my mice are very jerky when i move them, and i have lots of mice including high grade gaming ones and they all do it i also have to put the sensitivity up massively when playing games, and i have no idea why (it seems to be way beyond what anyone else uses on vista) they seem to do it no matter what i put the windows sensitivity/pointer precision on aswell
January 17th 09 06:26 PM
by jmg Go to last post
6 205
Windows Mobile Device Center won't sync to iPaq 2495 by Jim
Even after getting Vista, I was able to sync to my iPaq 2495. One day, no longer possible. My wife may have mistakenly changed something on the computer to lead to this but I can't determine what. I have deleting and reinstalling Mobile Device Center and downloaded version 6.1, precisely following the instructions. I did it with all antivirus/antispam/firewall/etc. turned off. I have...
January 17th 09 02:55 PM
by NavXman[_2_] Go to last post
1 223
Dell Wireless Vista Ultimate x64 BSOD: X64_0x3D_bcmwl664+580b4 by SteveC
Hi there, I recently ordered a new Dell XPS M1530 with Vista Home Premium. I upgraded it to Vista Ultimate x64 and ever since I installed the drivers from Dell for my wireless, I've been receiving seemingly random BSODs. Here is the information you may find necessary: Device Name: Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card Driver Title: "Broadcom Extensible 802.11 Network Adapter...
January 17th 09 08:28 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
1 208
pc powertool name??? by chilloh
i want to go on vacation where they have problems with electricity and i bringing my gaing console with me. but there is a hardware that my friend have wich saves a electrisity after there isn't any and the pc stays on for a while so he cant save his document ans such. so what is the name of this hardware thanks, btw i am not english so sorry if there is any lingo mistakes. -- chilloh
January 17th 09 07:10 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
9 238
Missing Hard Drive with Windows Vista Ultimate by husky86
I'm running a desktop system with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have encountered a problem that I know is being experienced by other Vista users; I'm hoping there is a workaround. I have an internal 1 TB Hitachi hard drive (not the C drive). This desktop system is only about six months old, and ever since I first acquired it I found that this internal hard drive would go missing after putting...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 09 06:21 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
18 318
BSOD Vista Ultimate 64-Bit by Avi
I get BSOD 9F whenever the computer goes into hibernation and iTunes had not been not shut down beforehand. The machine is new brand new Dell XPS Studio (EOM).
January 17th 09 06:09 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 163
Blue screen in vista by IkoRn
Hi guys I got blue screens in vista. This happens when I plug in wire from my internet provider in network card and only then. It havent happend when there is no wire in network card or when another wire from my home network is plug in. The error that show is driver irql is not less or equal I think. I only managed to read that before computer restart. Please help me couse I am really ****ed...
January 16th 09 11:54 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 185
Ping by [email protected]
Ok, here is the problem. I have an internet work.....everything has always worked fine. I have 10 devices hooked up to a switch. That switch is hooked to an internal router (linksys) and that is connected to my calbe modem. My router went bad and I had to replace it. Anyhow, everything is nearly working perfect. I can ping every machine from every machine. Now I noticed that I cannot send...
January 16th 09 10:12 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 284
New Motherboard / CPU by Martin Racette
I need help, I use to be able to access alt.hardware from newsgroup, but my ISP has decided that newsgroups are useless and therefore pulled the plug on it, so does any one knows a server that I can use to access that newsgroup once again -- Thank You in Advance Merci a l'avance Martin
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 09 09:57 PM
by Richard G. Harper [MVP] Go to last post
10 303
Beta2 5384.4 - Asus A8N-VM CSM - No Audio (Only Digital Output Device SPDIF available) by Luke13f
I have the same problem :sa: Had the same problem with Vista x64 as well. That is why I stay with XP. -- Luke13f
January 16th 09 05:09 PM
by Luke13f Go to last post
0 171
SUPBackGround.exe by Sian
Has I waited for my computer to show all my programs on the screen a message came up saying that SUPBackGround.exe is not responding and will be shut down. I would appreciate it if someone could explain to me what it is because I have done a search in my computer and I can note find this problem and I have looked in the help section and support program and I still don't know what it is.
January 16th 09 03:48 PM
by Rob Talley[_2_] Go to last post
1 200
RAM Upgrade by Bundy115
Hello, I have done several searches for this question with no luck so I apologize now if it is a repeat. I am running Windows Vista x64 SP1. When I installed the OS my computer had 4GB RAM installed. I have just upgraded to 8GB and enabled the "memory remap" feature in the system BIOS. When I view system settings indeed the system reports 8.00 GB memory. My
January 16th 09 02:39 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
6 180
Safely Remove Hardware by t-4-2[_99_]
Hello, I went to check on my disk space and I saw an item I need someone to explain to me. In the past , my computer will show C: drive ( system ), D: drive ( local ), and DVD RW drive E: Now I see the 4th, Removable Disk F: I don't have an ext. HD, so where did that F: drive come from ? I also notice an icon I never saw before. It's called Safely Remove Hardware. I clicked on it, and it said...
January 16th 09 01:47 PM
by John Go to last post
7 156
MS Entertainment 8000 Kbd & Mouse junk. by Lorin[_2_]
My Kbd and Mouse are junk. The kbd battery runs down in minutes sometimes even after overnight charge. Sometimes it stays active for hours. Junk! The Mouse sits on the charger and sometimes has a red flashing light and sometimes a blue light that pulses. What's up with that. THE BIGGEST PROBLEM is that with Windows Vista Ultimate the Keyboard and
January 16th 09 04:28 AM
by GaryM[_2_] Go to last post

From The