Maxtor External harddrive cannot access by BaPW
I have an USB Maxtor harddrive. It has been working fine but now it shows up under my computer but I cannot access it and when I go to Device Manager it is listed and says that it is working properly but still it will not access. Have tried to get it to access from inside Word and other applications but no and it will not allow me to save to it. Any help would be very much appreciated. Under My...
January 7th 09 10:53 AM
by Richard G. Harper [MVP] Go to last post
1 225
Needed any 64 bit apps by russmeister
I have a brand new HP 9700 running Vista Home Premium 64. i am having alot of issues finding compatable AV,ASAM, and system tools like reg defrag, reg cleaners. On my old machine i have Sys Mechanic Pro HD Sentinel and others and all seems to only support 32 bit. i have looked at stores and the boxes never specify so i went ahead and purchased Sys Mech Pro 8 and it was not 64 compat. Now its...
January 7th 09 01:20 AM
by MRGRIM Go to last post
7 536
"Magnifier" Mouse & Vista? by Bob Newman
I own a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 with a "magnifier" button. When activating the magnifier feature the screen goes blank and it takes several seconds before it comes back up on the screen. This is similar (or the same) as the times Vista will ask you permission to run a program and then starts shortly thereafter. Microsoft says this procedure is "normal" when using Vista (it's...
January 6th 09 11:36 PM
by Bob Newman Go to last post
0 329
Esata drive not recognized - Arnau by N Boone
Is it the disk you see in device manager, or just the eSATA card? I bought a cheap Xpresscard that comes up in device manager as a Silicon Image SiI 3531 SATA Controller. It was Vista PnP and Vista reported in device manager that it was working properly. I'd connect my eSATA drive, and the drive would spin up upon power up, but I wouldn't get a drive letter. The USB port worked fine, so I...
January 6th 09 09:16 PM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
3 252
No sound using HDMI cabling by Charles W Davis
I assisted a Computer Club member setting up his new Acer computer running Window Vista Home Premium. The cabling to the Samsung 35in TV/Monitor is HDMI. All manuals state no other audio cables are necessary. I have been unable to start sound. If I plug standard speakers into the output jacks on the computer, all is well.... Any thoughts?
January 6th 09 04:32 PM
by Charles W Davis Go to last post
9 241
No sound - Inspiron 6000 Laptop with Vista Ultimate by Steve[_44_]
Just installed Vista onto an Inspiron 6000 (Dell) and there appears to be no sound and no driver to get it going. Any ideas anyone? The sound device in this laptop is 'SigmaTel C-Major Audio' so I understand. Thanks a lot and Happy New Year
January 6th 09 02:23 PM
by Jim Moriarty[_2_] Go to last post
2 204
"Operating System Not Found" by shelleyann87[_4_]
Every time i turn on my Compaq Presario F500 laptop alls i get is "Operating System Not Found" I have tried using the Vista Recovery Disc and it comes up with "Windows is loading files" Then i choose the language and everything to install it in and click next then click install now. Then it asks me to insert the product key and after i do that a pop up comes up saying:
January 6th 09 10:40 AM
by Richard G. Harper [MVP] Go to last post
1 208
Drivers Corrupt/Incompatible? by DaleTango
Basically my DVD/CD drive will not boot. It says the drivers and are installed and the actual drive is working fine(checked by repairman) So I go into Device Manager and under DVD/CD-ROM drives it has.. FT6053C JRI645X SCSI CdRom Device PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K17 ATA Device and each has a little yellow exclamation mark infront, when clicked on it comes up saying.."Windows cannot load the device...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 6th 09 03:47 AM
by mikey1two Go to last post
10 360
new Vista laptop won't retain default sound source after sleeping by Sheila
That about sums it up. It's a brand new HP HDX laptop running Vista32. It's setup with HDMI to our flat-panel TV and we have a Turtle Beach Audio Advantage-Micro usb card so we can use the digital audio passthrough to get the 5-1 dolby sound to the surround sound receiver. It all works as it should, no problem. If we turn it off and back on it's fine. But if we put it in sleep or hibernate...
January 6th 09 03:19 AM
by D Lirious Go to last post
1 177
Windows dvd maker error problem by Carolyn Coleman
I have finished creating my Video but now when I try to publish it to a DVD I receive error message 'Error Synchronizing Project' and says 'temporary directory is not accessible'. Please help, EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com
January 6th 09 03:10 AM
by Carolyn Coleman Go to last post
0 193
Drive reads DVD's not CD's by hansontrek
Not sure how long this has been this way but recently noticed that DVD games and movies will play fine on the drive, but whenever a music or game CD is placed in hte tray it acts as if nothing is there and says to "insert CD" when you try to open or explore the drive Any thoughts?
January 6th 09 02:20 AM
by Joe Buck[_2_] Go to last post
6 174
disc info refresh by Tetsu[_2_]
I'm having a problem with my cd/dvd drives... everytime i change a disc the disc info won't refresh.... eg. I have CODWAW in one of the drives and nothing in the other drive.... later i decide to change the first drive with CODWAW to nero and the other drive to microsoft office when i go my computer it will still show CODWAW and just dvd drive... also there's no autoplay --
January 6th 09 01:59 AM
by Tetsu[_2_] Go to last post
3 178
Cursor freaks out. by AsukaSaruwatati
Alright, I have looked at a few of these threads and they all spoke about how their Cursors freak out by flying around the page and pushing buttons. My is slightly related to that. When I am typing, at times where my Cursor is, it'll click there and begin typing. So I am basically typing in a middle of a sentence. I am not sure if it is the touch pad, but it also does when I use my Wacom Bamboo...
January 6th 09 12:20 AM
by Richard G. Harper [MVP] Go to last post
1 143
Blue Screen related to network card by oaltun
Hello, My computer has been crashing for some time, mostly after the startup with a blue screen. Vista then tells me that it's probably related to the ethernet card. I have updated the drivers recently, and I still get the crash. The blue screen event properties are as follows; Fault bucket 0xD1_Rtlh86+b339, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response:
January 6th 09 12:05 AM
by oaltun Go to last post
2 155
Hp c5280 by HACKS[_2_]
I have the above all in one printer. It has been working fine for the last 6 months, but now when I go to printer i ahve to reininsatll the driver. The printer has been removed at all , and now when i try and reistall the pc can n ot find my printer??? Has anyone else had any issue with this printers apart fronm the office 2007 problem Cheers Marc --
January 5th 09 08:08 PM
by HACKS[_2_] Go to last post
1 144
GPT partition not recognized by Dan
I've installed Windows Vista Ultimate x64 with almost no problems, except for one. I dual boot with another operating system, and created a RAID array with a different filesystem (i.e. not NTFS.) It uses the GPT partitioning scheme. Vista does recognize the big RAID drive, but it thinks it is a RAW partition. There is another filesystem on it, and I found out selecting it asks me if I want...
January 5th 09 06:46 PM
by Dan Go to last post
4 175
Vista and Wireless Print Server - Linksys WPS54G by seve22xmen
After several hours of fruitless struggles with installation of this device, I believe I have a solution that I can share with those of you who are having similar challenges. First off, take the nice green CD-ROM installation disk you received with the device and set your coffee cup on it - nice coaster! Next, attach your printer to the wireless print server and the print server to your...
January 5th 09 06:07 PM
by losfrailes Go to last post
6 162
Vista Hardware Compatibility list in text format? by spamme0
I need to buy a used video card that's Vista Aero compatible. Since the MS logo'd page won't even open on my pda due to MS blocking my browser Grrrr!!!, even if I did have internet access at a garage sale or swapmeet, It's useless as tool for this purpose. Is there a Vista hardware compatibility list in text format...or PDF or something I can access offline on my pda? Thanks, mike
January 5th 09 08:28 AM
by Donald McDaniel[_3_] Go to last post
4 161
Captured video is dark by Rich[_4_]
In the past I have had no problem capturing HDV video from my Canon HV20 video camera via Firewire using Vista Ultimate. The quality has always been excellent. I just tried capturing some video and the video is coming in much darker than the video that is displayed on the camera. I can play previously captured video and is looks fine on my monitor so it is not a video setting problem. I have...
January 5th 09 07:46 AM
by Gunnar Go to last post
1 197
Dynex DX SC51 No vista drivers? by michael
Does anyone know how i can get drivers for the above sound card Dynex has not repsonded.
January 4th 09 06:55 PM
by aadensdad Go to last post

From The