  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
No D Drive by Helen_07
Since getting new computer it has no D drive, wont play anything in d drive even though the light comes on. In my computer i only have master C, nothing else. I have previously tried to fix it by following other solutions on here, has worked once then when i turn the computer back on it goes. Can anybody advise. Thanks
January 4th 08 02:08 PM
by Helen_07 Go to last post
0 93
C Drive Memory by jereko73
I just had a computer built w/ Vista Home Premium. After loading my music, pictures and other files from my other computer it says that I am using 80 GB of memory. I only loaded just over 30 GB of files. What happened to the other 50 or so GB? I looked through all the files to make sure there were not double copies, etc. and looked at program files and all users files. Nowhere do I see files...
October 22nd 07 12:20 AM
by jereko73 Go to last post
4 93
ctaud2k.sys creative audio problems by ekimully
I have vista home premium 32bit, nforce 680i mb, dual core e660, x-fi fatality, 2 gb dual channel ram, geforce 8800, occassionally my pc stops and goes to blue screen, where the file ctaud2k.sys is listed as the problem followed by addresses, this problem happens randomly and will even happen if I am not using the pc, I have the latest drivers for all hardware, ready to get rid of this...
October 25th 07 07:09 AM
by ekimully Go to last post
2 93
Looking for a USB to parallel por cable with a Vista compatible dr by Jeannie
My new HP Pavillion is equipped with six USB ports. I need a parallel port to operate my satellite tracking system. I have tried three different brands of devices that plug into the USB port and produces a parallel output. The drivers that came with all of them do not seem to be compatible with VISTA. I get a message that says "Windows does not recognize this device." Do you know where I can...
October 30th 07 09:07 PM
by Jeannie Go to last post
0 93
Linksys PCMCIA card part numbber PCM200HA by Jim Brown[_2_]
Does anyone have the subject card working on a notebook with Windows Vista Home Premium? Thank you, Jim
November 28th 07 03:04 PM
by Jim Brown[_2_] Go to last post
0 93
Configuring Ergonomic 7000 keyboard with Intellitype Pro by Andyl
1. How to I configure one of the favourite keys to the sleep function? 2. How do I configure one on the favourite keys to either the "Next track" or "previous track" command? I can configure other keys such as mail to do this, but then I loose their original functionality, but there is no option apparent to configure a favourite key to one of the "command" functions. I am using the latest...
November 30th 07 02:28 PM
by Andyl Go to last post
0 93
Processor Number by Fernando
I've bought a new computer with an Intel Core 2 Quad, but the welcome center and in the device manager don't show me the Processor number. I've seen another computers whit the same processor and it displays the processor numbers, in this case is "Q6600". What can I do so that these programs show me the processor Number?
December 4th 07 11:15 PM
by Fernando Go to last post
0 93
usb not recognized by Polina
"Usb device not recognized" message , it was alright before what do I do? ----------------------- thanks
December 9th 07 03:03 PM
by Polina Go to last post
0 93
Corrupted OTA TV Recording by Joe
This problem started some days ago also with some problems with the sound after sleep. The system records the OTA TV shows but when trying to playback i get an error 'Can not find the required Video Files to play video, try restarting Media Center or Computer'. (So annoying) If I exit media center and go to where the files are stored (TV Recording folder), and I double click the file from...
December 11th 07 03:29 PM
by Joe Go to last post
0 93
New Hard Drives by MikeyC
Hi Folks, I'm a noob here and have a problem with hard drives. I installed 2 identical drives yesterday and after a LOT of messing about (reinstalling OS) finally got one of them the show in Windows. They are bothe SATA2 500GB disks. They both show in the BIOS and in the device manager but one shows as unknown, presumably as it hasn't been formatted yet. I've been tearing my hair out...
October 14th 07 07:40 AM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 93
Monitor OSD Applet? by jim miller
I'm running WinXP and ready to load Vista. Does Vista have a standard On Screen Display applet for adjusting monitor settings? My monitor is a Dell 2407WFP via DVI and does report via DDC. thanks jim
September 21st 07 03:07 AM
by jim miller Go to last post
0 93
No DVD drive after sleep mode by trini
I have problem with sleep mode and DVD drive. After I wake my laptop from sleeping mode, DVD writer is not working. It won't show up under device manager at all, like it doesn't exist. When I put in some music cd/dvd ,the light for dvd is blinking couple of times, and then nothing happens, it won't start to play. After restarting laptop, it is working again. I wanted to test, will it work...
August 17th 07 08:35 AM
by trini Go to last post
4 93
Vista + Comcast = PVR & MCE Goodness by msabo
I have been trolling posts on several sites for the past few months, and can still find no solution to turning my Vista PC into an entertainment hub IN HD. I have Comcast digital cable (stupid monopoly that they are), a Vista Ultimate PC, and a HD TV. Do I still need to wait forever for a graphics card/TV Tuner solution that allows me: - To use the Vista MCE on my TV - Record and Watch...
August 7th 07 10:16 PM
by msabo Go to last post
0 93
USB External Hard Drive Spin Down by David[_2_]
Please, I have a question(s) about my external (USB) Maxtor Personal Storage 3200 Disk Drive and how to "re-enable" it to spin down after a fixed period of time related to inactivity. When I initially installed the drive it did spin down after a period of inactivity. It would, logically, only spin up if you opened Explorer or when the Backup Utility started. I don't think I made any changes...
August 7th 07 06:39 PM
by David[_2_] Go to last post
0 93
Windows Vista does not support MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device by me
Anyone out there getting this same error message from Vista. Let me knoiw and if you have a solution. Thanks
March 19th 07 01:22 AM
by me Go to last post
0 94
problem in Vista home Premium using bluetooth headset by Bajwa
hi, I have gotten new laptop sony vaio with built in bluetooth with Vista home premium. and also bought bluetooth headset of NIKKAI model # BES005 from maplin electronics. I have successfully paired it with my laptop and I can hear sounds but there is problem with its mic. Though it is properly installed but mic is not working. I have checked this bluetooth headset with Windows Xp on my...
March 19th 07 09:00 PM
by Bajwa Go to last post
0 94
Problems Entering Sleep Mode! by BOOTMGR.EXE_FAILED
Hey guys, I'm having some real problems getting the sleep function to work properly. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing is working. Basically, if I set the BIOS to S1&S3 it will go to sleep and then restart, the OS will then load and tell me Vista didn't shut down properly. If I select S1 only the computer will go into "sleep" but it's not the true sleep mode as the fans are...
May 1st 07 07:21 AM
by BOOTMGR.EXE_FAILED Go to last post
0 94
Video Refresh Rates by Paul Wain
Hardwa Dell Latitude D620 w/ Nvidia NVS 110M Dell 2405FPW (24" Widescreen) Issue: Typically I run at 1920x1200 @ 60Hz. At this resolution/refresh rate things look fantastic.
May 2nd 07 03:33 PM
by Paul Wain Go to last post
0 94
drivers for adsl modem speedtouch 536/v6 by Jan Traversier
There are no drivers provided for vista on the cd-rom delivred with the modem. Where can I find them. I have already been looking on the thomson website, but nada!!!!
May 6th 07 11:12 AM
by Jan Traversier Go to last post
0 94
intellimouse installation: NOT by [email protected]
Vista Business I have an intellimouse explorer 2.0 when I try to install intellipoint 6.1 an error is displayed: setup cannot continue..... disk space.... unexpected error Guidance please
March 20th 07 09:18 PM
by J Go to last post

From The