  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
How to contact Microsoft by C.B.[_5_]
Several days ago I posted a question concerning the inability of my Microsoft Fingerprint Reader to function. I did not receive answers from anyone in the discussion groups. I spent several hours over several days speaking to a Microsoft tech support supervisor trying to get it to work, to no avail, and the case was closed by Microsoft as having no solution available. This was not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 12th 08 02:06 PM
by SeanP Go to last post
23 743
external hard drive does not appear anywhere on the computer. by iownstan
i've had the Western Digital WDH1U10000N 1TB for a little over a week now. it was working fine, up until yesterday night. i made the switch from my PC to my laptop. when i plugged the USB into my laptop, the external hard drive was not recognized. so, i tried plugging the USB into another port, and after a few minutes it was recognized by the laptop. this morning when i plugged the external hard...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 16th 09 11:48 PM
by iownstan Go to last post
29 738
USB Problems/ drivers wont install by [email protected]
Nothing i plug into my vista system works, vista cant find drivers for any of my stuff, ie; memory stick, mp3, cell phone, external hard drive. i tried that command prompt thing on ms troubleshoot for Autoplay, but no go. everything works great on my xp systems. anyone got any ideas ????
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 27th 09 11:36 PM
by SUSAN Go to last post
29 738
Can't re-enable microphone array by GaryMac[_2_]
Folks- I run run Vista Home Premium SP2 on a Dell XPS M1730 with built in microphones(2). I inadvertantly disabled the Sigmatel Hi Def Audio microphones from: CONTROL-PANEL\SOUND\RECORDING\CONFIGURE I expected the microphone array would appear with a CONFIGURE option to enable it...but it no longer appears under RECORDING and I can't figure out
May 17th 10 04:33 AM
by GaryMac[_2_] Go to last post
0 737
Mic not detected by andy jones
I upgraded from Vista to W7 when it first came out. I have just recently realized that it apparently cut off the mic and I cannot record anything. I can still hear cd's.etc. I did not discover this until I tried to send a video message to my son who just got deployed to Iraq. Dell customer support has been useless thus far. Thanks for any suggestions as to how to fix this problem.
May 17th 10 07:35 PM
by smlunatick Go to last post
2 736
Plugged In, Not Charging Battery by Ted[_7_]
I have HP NW8000 laptop running Vista Ultimate. I installed SP1 a few days ago. After the upgrade, the battery is not charging anymore. Right now it is completely drained out and it says 0% available plugged in, not charging. I uninstalled the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery drivers (there were two) from the Device Manager and install them again with scan for hardware...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 10th 09 07:19 AM
by supersilverfox Go to last post
20 736
pop ups by kim125
I am getting too many pop ups how can i get rid of them -- mz.White
May 28th 10 05:41 AM
by kristain Go to last post
3 735
external hard drive by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]
I have several external hard drives and to remove them from usb port your suppose to double click remove hardware icon in task bar near clock. I have ruined 2 of them by accidentally unplugging them. If the computer is turned off is it a different story. Can you go ahead and unplug it without clicking remove hardware icon without harming device? Walt
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 19th 09 01:32 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
22 733
Accidentally disabled my speakers by Aberfox
In the sound pop up from the control panel I was trying to change the default speaker, but accidentally disabled it. Now the speaker has disappered from the playback devices tab and I cannot get any sound out of my speakers. Q. How do I enable my speakers again? PS. Its a laptop, so I think it's the internal speakers I've disabled
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 27th 10 02:37 PM
by noobito Go to last post
17 731
Closing laptop lid during Shutdown sends it to Sleep by NickH
If I press the power button on my laptop to start shutdown, and then close the lid, Vista will ignore the fact that it's shutting down and go to Sleep. Then when I open the lid later, it wakes up and finishes shutting down! Has anybody else noticed this? It would be much better if it just carried on shutting down. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft...
November 19th 10 04:15 AM
by Richard Berman Go to last post
5 729
Heres a cracker of a problem - Nvidia Drivers by DABhand
Lets see how many others have this problem. Yesterday I noticed my gaming was slow, and today I get fed up and checked the device manager and lo and behold Vista was using the WDM drivers. I thought hmmmm how strange is that. So went to install the Nvidia drivers (158.24) and during install it hits me with
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 20th 07 05:24 AM
by DABhand Go to last post
22 726
Dazzle DVC100 drivers by Casp
Has anyone been able to intstall the Dazzle DVC100 USB video capture device on Vista 64bit, have looked on the Pinnacle forums, some seem to have been able to install but others not, Vista recognizes the device as a DVC100 but unable to find drivers.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 30th 09 10:03 PM
by gio Go to last post
13 721
2 Os's by rewindurmind
Hey. I have 4 HDD's 2 SATA and 2 IDE. 1: Primary which is running Vista Ultimate x64 - 500gb 2: Holds important work info 3: Blank (IDE) 4: Back up (IDE) I'm thinking about installing Win XP SP 2 on the 3rd drive. I know how to install an OS, but what would I have to boot that drive as primary? Mess around with the jumpers everytime? Or would there be an option to
October 27th 08 06:46 PM
by barman58 Go to last post
3 721
Vista Ultimate 64 BSOD by Ness888
I am continually getting the following BSOD message Problem is listed as "Problem signatu Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 2057 Additional information about the problem:
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 11th 09 07:03 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
17 719
5219URF2+ wireless keyboard --drivers? by RalfG[_3_]
Does anyone know of any Vista compatible drivers for a 5219URF 2+ wireless keyboard? It's an HP OEM keyboard, part number 5187-5998, bundled with some Media Center PCs. If HP has Vista drivers for it they aren't making them easy to find. At present the keyboard functions as a basic 101-102 key keyboard using generic MS keyboard drivers. I'm not using the wireless mouse(battery eater) that...
January 9th 08 01:36 AM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
2 718
Resolution Reset on Startup by Andy
I have a 1280x1024 monitor. Every time I start Windows Vista, my screen resolution automatically resets itself to 640x480. I have no idea why, but I have to change it back every time i start Windows. I've looked around, but I seem to be the only one I know of who has this problem. Does anyone know how I can solve this?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 1st 09 06:51 PM
by Evil_Salmon Go to last post
16 716
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007 by Cal Bear '66[_2_]
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High%20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs 1. Support ALC663/ALC272. 2. Support ForteMedia microphone effect APO feature. 3. Customizations.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 8th 08 02:34 AM
by 180pilot Go to last post
14 716
ISSCBTA Bluetooth USB Dongle by Akhilesh Agarwal
Hi, I have a ISSCBTA Bluetooth USB Dongle plugged into my computer running Windows Vista Ultimate Edition x64 RTM. It does not have the drivers for this USB Dongle. Can anyone suggest how to make this work, or where to get the drivers from? Akhilesh Agarwal
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 09 09:52 PM
by zaneyuan Go to last post
12 715
Speed differences between 32-bit and 64-bit Vista? by Phillip Pi
Hi. Since I installed both 32-bit and 64-bit Vista Ultimate Edition on my old test machine (ASUS K8V SE Deluxe, Athlon 64 3200+ , 512 MB of RAM, SATA HDD, etc.), I notice the speeds are identical. I can't see and feel any improvements. I did install the ATI Radeon 9600 AIW drivers to help the video speed, but I just don't see the speed differences. Am I expecting too much or missing...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 11th 07 04:46 AM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
32 715
Screen doesn't turn off by Hauk
I have Vista pre-RC1 build 5536. This is the first build I've tried on this computer. I dual-boot into XP, works fine. I have a problem with that the screen never goes into energy-save mode. After the set time out (20 minutes) the screen goes black, but the monitor is still on, I can see that the backlight is on, and the LED shows that it's on. I have an AGP ATI Radeon 9550 graphics card....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 12th 08 04:46 AM
by vikrant Go to last post

From The