External USB Hard Drive by Waggy64
Hi all. I have scoured the forums here and elswhere to a problem that seems to affect many but the solutions seem just plain daft. The problem - Window 64 Ultimate with external hard drive. The external hard drive has occasionally dropped from its NTFS file
January 1st 09 04:06 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
2 294
External USB Hard Drive not working, Vista asking fordrivers by David Whiteside
I had the same problem. The way I got over this was to go into The Lacie hard drive via another computer and go into the SOFTWARE folder. Make a copy of the setup programme and copy this a flash drive or disc that works on your vista laptop. Copy the setup to your new laptop. Run the programme and once it has finished installing, the lacie 500gb should work. Hope this helps David EggHeadCafe -...
January 1st 09 11:48 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 381
Unbootable Hard Drive by Bill
I fried my hard drive last week. Dell has already installed a replacement drive. My question is that the os will not recognize the old drive at all. Like an idiot I forgot to backup my files. Is there a workaround? The disk drive does not even show up in the recovery function.
December 31st 08 10:21 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
4 275
Need 64 bit drivers for agere systems HDA modem by nsharazer
Need 64 bit drivers for agere systems HDA modem. Any Ideas?
December 31st 08 04:47 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
1 289
LCD failed to work as it should by tobehknese
my sister just dropped her laptop from the couch to the carpet floor (which doesn't seem like it "got hurt" too bad); then the LCD isn't working like it should be. The LCD is still light up, but dark.. we have to "put the head of a flashlight right down on the display to see it"... I don't know much about computers, but I'm guessing the display card is crashed or something?:cry: sorry for my poor...
December 31st 08 01:00 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
5 340
Vista x64 Ultimate SATA HDD gone missing by Jason
Hello, I have just recently installed a new copy of Vista x64 Ultimate on my computer. Everything was going fine and all of my HDD (3 of them) were visible and working. I used the Intel matrix storage manager to create a RAID 0 setup of 2 of my 3 drives. Once that was complete I lost visibility of my 3rd drive that I was using for backups. The BIOS and device manager see the RAID Drive...
December 31st 08 08:21 AM
by Jason Go to last post
2 299
Will Vista ever fully support voice modem based on conexant chip s by clayga
Problem: My Rosewill RC-403 PCI Voice/Data/Fax modem isn't working fully with a number of TAPI based answering machine programs (e.g. IVM Answering Attendant, Impulse Technology's CallStation). These programs can pick up and record calls but they cannot play a greeting message over the phone line. All a caller hears is silence while the greeting is playing. Craig Duncan at Impulse...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 31st 08 12:53 AM
by Craig Duncan Go to last post
18 481
x64_0xA_Rtlh64+fe4e, type 0 Blue Screen by toasterdevil
I have received this several times. I have a new laptop, a Gateway t-6836 which is a decent and somewhat fast laptop. After it freezes up it says it may be an ethernet networking problem. I updated by ethernet network drivers and I have a very fast wired internet connection. The blue screen seems to happen when I am using uTorrent but their forum says the software is just forcing my...
December 30th 08 02:17 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
8 325
Creative Audio Problems by ASH-PT
Recently bought a creative sound blaster x-fi elite pro sound card to do some recording on my pc. I am trying to use cubase LE that came with the sound card, but everytime I use cubase and turn one of the dials on the sound card input dock i get the blue screen of death! I've tried downloading the latest drivers as apparently previous versions have bugs, but nothing seems to...
December 30th 08 11:52 AM
by ASH-PT Go to last post
0 299
HP DeskJet 710c and Vista 64bit problems by Borislav Dopudja
Hi people, I hope someone will be able to help; I have printer that works perfectly with Vista 32bit, and when I've gone to Vista 64bit, printer stoped working. Drivers are installed OK, but they do not work. Printer gets papaer, and doesn't print anything. Tried also different print drivers, but with no prevail.
December 30th 08 11:27 AM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
5 319
Devcon.exe for vista? by Mark Barnes (Jao)
Hi I need to script the disabling of some devices in Vista but neither the 32bit nor 64bit version of devcon.exe downloadable from the site will work with vista. Anyone know of one that does work in vista, or any other CLI utility that can disable and enable devices? Cheers
December 30th 08 07:06 AM
by ifish Go to last post
9 337
problem with usb headset by sobriquet
Hi. I have a Sennheiser usb headset and it used to work fine on my dell vista laptop (inspiron 640m). Now suddenly it no longer works and I don't have a clue why it doesn't work anymore. There are no online drivers available for the usb headset and it works fine on another xp computer. When I plug it in on my dell vista laptop, the hardware manager looks like...
December 30th 08 05:40 AM
by falcon69 Go to last post
9 301
Bluetooth transceiver doesn't like Memory stick, when they are near by Ari Sillanpää
Works well, when Bluetooth transceiver is in front of desktop and memory stick is behind desktop. Memory stick is "Kingston 4 GB Data Traveler 100" Bluetooth transceiver belong to "Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000"-set
December 29th 08 11:28 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
7 290
Install 2 Video Cards on Vista, 1 Nvidia, 1 ATI? by cheato3825
I have 2 graphics cards in my computer, one a Nvidia 9600GT which goes to my 22 inch monitor, and an ATI X1550 which goes to a 15 inch monitor. I do this so i can keep open programs like aim on my small monitor but still be able to play games on the 22 inch without losing any performance. In XP all i had to do was install my nvidia drivers and then my ATI drivers and I was good to go, is...
December 29th 08 05:00 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
2 289
Install 2 Video Cards on Vista, 1 Nvidia, 1 ATI? by Cheato3825
I have 2 graphics cards in my computer, one a Nvidia 9600GT which goes to my 22 inch monitor, and an ATI X1550 which goes to a 15 inch monitor. I do this so i can keep open programs like aim on my small monitor but still be able to play games on the 22 inch without losing any performance. In XP all i had to do was install my nvidia drivers and then my ATI drivers and I was good to go, is...
December 29th 08 11:47 AM
by Bender Go to last post
2 283
Adding IDE Drive to New System with ATA / SATA Architecture by Derek King
Finally got a new system, made my buy, no problem with Vista , (new drive). Added Maxtor 'OneTouch' USB 500GB external HD for backup. I attached my Samsung SP1203N 120GB HD using a UDMA connection cable to the primary IDE connection on the system board. The OS is WinXP Pro SP2 When I rebooted I went to the BIOS to see the drive was recognized, and it showed an accurate approximation of used and...
December 29th 08 02:30 AM
by Andy Go to last post
2 260
LifeCam VX-3000 causes instability (freezing) by Nigel Molesworth
I've had a lot of stability issues recently (freezes) and have located the cause as the software for the Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000. I've uninstalled the software, but the camera still works with Live Messanger, which is nice. Is there a driver-only package for this, or another solution to get some functionality? -- Nigel M
December 28th 08 11:47 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 291
Install 2 Video Cards on Vista, 1 Nvidia, 1 ATI? by Cheato3825
have 2 graphics cards in my computer, one a Nvidia 9600GT which goes to my 22 inch monitor, and an ATI X1550 which goes to a 15 inch monitor. I do this so i can keep open programs like aim on my small monitor but still be able to play games on the 22 inch without losing any performance. In XP all i had to do was install my nvidia drivers and then my ATI drivers and I was good to go, is there...
December 28th 08 09:34 PM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
3 264
cannot communicate with dns server by raven120461
Hi! Merry Christmas. I'm a newbie here and need ur help regarding issue on internet connection. My internet connection is very slow and when I checked wireless network connection status i found out that the speed is only 54.0 Mbps but before it is 100.0 Mbps and when i click diagnose this message appear - "cannot communicate with dns server (212.93.192.13). Network diagnostics pinged the...
December 28th 08 01:02 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 318
Screen Resolution by Sulaiman
Hi I am unable to set my screen resolution to 1280x1024. I am using the latest nVidia Drivers for graphics card and the display is working at that setting when using XP. The monitor drivers that I am using is the Generic Non-PnP monitor drivers and it does not allow me to select a refresh rate of 60Hz when I change resolution settings on PC.
December 28th 08 06:56 AM
by Sulaiman Go to last post

From The