Nforce network controller slow by carlsberg
Hello . Is there any update or fix for the nforce networking problem . It is slow , when i transferr data over my own network here it starts nice 11mb/s but it stops all the time . it takes about 25 min for 1 dvd , shouldnt take more then 9 min like in xp . It is a known prob but is it going to be fixed soon ?? Or does some1 know a workaround or something , it sux . Regards
February 20th 08 06:20 AM
by smc1979 Go to last post
2 127
Error Code 43 on ATI by Carlyn
I'm very frustrated... my subscore for graphics is 1.0 and it's telling me I don't have any memory set aside for graphics. So, I go and try to update that, and it tells me that I have the suggested device for my system. I then go to the properties of that device (ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series) and it tells me this "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"...
March 27th 08 03:08 AM
by Carlyn Go to last post
1 276
Zune Device Undetectable on Vista by Carlyn
Ever since I've had vista my Microsoft Zune hasn't been detectable on my Zune software. It's really bugging me. I've tried looking for solutions, and I have the most recent version of the software. A lot of the "tutorials" and the help articles are really confusing, and often tell me to go places that have different text than Vista so I get lost. I tried updating the driver by going to the...
June 7th 07 10:02 PM
by freddy Go to last post
6 174
Allow computer to turn off wireless keyboard and mouse by Carm
I have Vista and a Microsoft 6000 wireless keyboard and mouse set. The option under their properties in power management to "allow computer to turn off this device" is grayed and unavailable. Anyone know how to make this option available? I tried going to Administrative Tools, but it's the same things there - still unavailable. I'm trying to select this option in the hopes that it will...
January 16th 08 02:54 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
5 127
usb not by carmel
my computer showes all the time messages of usb device not recognized and only the mouse and camra are concted
January 31st 08 01:27 PM
by carmel Go to last post
0 125
Error during start up by Carmen
I keep receiving an 'error' message: "Count not load or run E:/SETUP.EXE SPEDIFIED IN THE REGISTRY. MAKE SURE THE FILE EXISTS ON YOUR COMPUTER OR REMOVE THE RFERENCE TO IT IN THE REGISTRY." This file does not exist on my computer...I can find no reference to it anywhere except when windows vista is starting...I must 'exit' out of it to continue with start-up. This is driving me crazy. Any...
January 2nd 08 02:36 PM
by Carmen Go to last post
2 174
Device Driver sill not install due to Resource error by CarmenR
Hardwa ACER 9410-2829 2GB RAMM 1.73Ghz Windows Vista Home Premium Just updated Windows and restarted my computer. Now I my Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family Display Adapter software driver will not load, get the following Error: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) I have installed the most up-to-date Intel Driver software, but no luck.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 9th 09 12:24 AM
by woliveirajr Go to last post
15 344
need syntax by carmine934
i need the syntax to re-register the dll that discontinues the screensaver so my monitor can shutdown per my power plan. i have windows vista basic. and a compaq presario c508us notebook. my monitor shuts off for a second then comes right back on. -- carmine934
June 2nd 07 05:03 PM
by carmine934 Go to last post
0 123
Using two sound cards in Vista by CaRNaGe
I was wondering how to go about having one card playing audio from windows media player in one room and then windows media center audio over the other?
December 1st 07 01:29 AM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post
2 134
NAS recommendations by Carnage[_2_]
Hi guys, can you help? I'm looking for a NAS setup, if that't the correct terminology? I want to use external hard drives as back ups and required either a usb or router connection. I used Netgear for windows xp http://www.netgear.com/Products/Storage/NetworkStorage/SC101.aspx 'but' (http://www.netgear.com/Products/Storage/NetworkStorage/SC101.aspx)but) Netgear do not produce x64 vista drivers...
June 18th 08 11:49 PM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
3 238
Wireless card off on startup? by carnelain
Hi all, I was wondering is there a registry key that turns on my wireless network card? I would like to have it in the off position on boot. When I boot my laptop it is on on default. I was hoping to do the same trick I did with the numlock key. This was done by changing the value of the following registry key to 2: HKEY USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard\InitialKeyboardIndicators Any...
November 14th 07 11:00 AM
by carnelain Go to last post
9 130
Issues with CD/DVD Rom device driver by Caro
I purchased a new laptop that comes with Windows Vista and, after setting it up, I installed a printer software and my camera software. Apparently both are not compatible with Vista but eventually it let me install and use them. Everything was ok and I also watched a movie. The next day I inserted a CD to see some pictures and the autoplay didn't pop up, then I inserted another DVD with same...
March 19th 07 09:38 PM
by SoCalCommie Go to last post
3 154
Epson 1200U problem in Vista Ultimate by Carol
Hi, my great little Epson 1200U scanner won't install in Vista Ultimate. Epson does not have a driver for Vista. The "fix" that is floating around the Internet (disconnect scanner, download latest XP driver, unzip contents, access properties in the setup.exe progam, check the XP SP2 compatibility box, run setup.exe, plug in scanner, praying to the computer gods) does not work in Ultimate. ...
July 16th 08 05:17 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
1 112
Western Digital Passport Drive by Carol
I am trying to get Vista to recognize my Western Digital Passport 2.0 USB drive. All I get is the dreaded USB Device not recognized message. I have a Western Digital My Book hooked up with no problem. I have taken the My Book off to see if that was the problem but it wasn't. I have searched for drivers thru Device Manager but it just keeps referring to the drive as unknown device. The...
July 1st 09 07:28 AM
by rabnet Go to last post
8 457
DVD Burner by Carol
I have installed another DVD burner. It is a Samsung. Vista doesn't recognize it. What do I do to get Vista to recognize it? -- Carol
March 18th 08 03:39 PM
by John Lee Brown[_3_] Go to last post
1 162
readyboost issue by Carol in GA
On my desktop, when I insert the usb key it detects the ReadyBoost. However if I put it in on my laptop (that actually NEEDS it) it tells me that it isn't capable. On the desktop, when you explore the drive, ReadyBoost shows up, but it shows an empty drive on the laptop. Any ideas on why?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 18th 07 03:19 AM
by MarkyMarc43 Go to last post
11 260
Sigmatel HD Audio--mic isn't detected--V Ultimate by Carol in GA
Intel's troubleshooting isn't updated for Vista so I'm trying here. Rebuilt my computer last year for Vista using a D945Pvs motherboard that has onboard Sigmatel HD audio. the speakers work just fine, but it's not detecting the microphone at all. So far, I had to uninstall the sound and installed the driver from Intel for it instead of the one that Vista offers. Note that Intel's site said...
March 9th 07 12:35 PM
by Carol in GA Go to last post
0 140
is there any way to disable... by Carol in GA
I'm having issues loading a specific driver...the generic windows driver isn't working properly. Is there any way to disable the automatic driver install when new hardware is detected when you boot up?
November 16th 07 04:22 AM
by Carol in GA Go to last post
0 114
Vista (x86) and projectors by Carol Steele
I need to use a projector as well as my monitor to display slideshows. I'm using an nVidia 7600GT graphics card. With my old system (with a Matrox Dual Head G550 card) all I had to do was turn on the dual head mode and use it as a clone of the main monitor. No problem, when I turned off the projector the system was fine displaying on just the main monitor and when shut down and powered on...
September 22nd 06 01:41 AM
by Carol Steele Go to last post
0 154
Flash reader by Carol1977
HI Can anyone help me today I brought a single slot microSD (T-Flash) reader and flash card. But when i plugged into my USB slot all it does is flash off/on green and my laptop doesn't seem to know it plugged in. Can anyone help me what do i need to do to fix this problem.
July 31st 09 10:21 PM
by Carol1977[_2_] Go to last post

From The