pocket pc 2002--- vista by chris parr
I have recently bought a new laptop with vista premium on it. I also have my dads old pda, running pocket pc 2002- which i use for my course studies. problem is, these machines are notorious for having volatile memory, and if power is lost, so are my installed programmes- such as adobe reader and pocket slides- both vital. at home during the holidays this isnt a problem, i have access to...
December 28th 08 03:17 AM
by Bender Go to last post
4 224
Intellimouse scrollwheel stops working by jerryk
I have a Microsoft Intellimouse and sometiimes the scrollwheel stops working. Rebooting will fix it for awhile, then it happens again. I'm using Vista Ultimate. Thank you. JerryK
December 27th 08 09:27 PM
by Andrew Murray[_7_] Go to last post
1 222
nvidia fx go5600 by Larry Morris
This video card is on the hardware compat list, but Vista (RTM) is not detecting my graphics memory. As a result, my computer gets rated as a 1. Has anyone encountered this problem and know how to fix it. Thanks,
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 27th 08 09:27 PM
by Richard G. Harper [MVP] Go to last post
10 429
Cannot remove orphaned com ports !!!!! by sonerai3
Using Vista Home Premium 64-bit, after numerous attempts at installing a USB to serial converter based on the FDTI 232R chip I have the converter working but also have numerous extra com ports (1,2,3,4,5,8,9,10,11,12,14,and 15) that I cannot remove. From Control Panel Printers Right-click anywhere Click on Ports Tab these com ports are visible but when selecting a port and clicking the...
December 27th 08 05:17 PM
by sonerai3 Go to last post
8 260
USB Conflict by Lorin[_2_]
New PC. Vista Ultimate SP2 MS Entertainment Wireless 8000 kbd and mouse. When ever I plug or unplug a thumb drive or other USB device (SD with adapter), the keyboard and mouse locks up for several seconds to several minutes. Totally locks up until the thumb drive is accepted by Vista. The kbd mouse interface is plugged directly into the motherboard rear connector. The thumb drive is plugged...
December 27th 08 03:58 PM
by Lorin[_2_] Go to last post
0 246
Problems installing XP on 2nd HD by Zifka
I am attempting to set up a dual boot on my PC running Vista Ultimate X64. I want to load XP on a second hard drive but during windows XP setup I get a stop message informing me "a problem has been detected and windows is shutting down...etc. with the following tech info: stop: 0x0000007b (0xf78D2524, 0x00000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) Vista recognizes the new drive but I can't set up XP on it....
December 27th 08 12:30 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 219
NB HP and VISTA - does not work LAN by eiger33
Hallo, I have NB HP 6730s with vista ultimate, but the LAN doesn´t function. I have installed original driver which I downloaded from 'HP United States - Computers, Laptops, Servers, Printers and more' (http://hp.com), but it doesn´t function. It reports an error: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". Could you please help me? Although I reinstall Windows, there was the same problem. In...
December 27th 08 12:26 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 203
802.11g driver missing by annehuffman
HP Paviliion desktop, after system recovery get error message that new hardware found : 802.11g Network adapter Have reinstalled several times but driver wont load. How can I fix this.. I need the internet on desktop/ How can Ifind out the manufacturer of wireless card :eek: -- annehuffman
December 27th 08 09:47 AM
by Richard G. Harper [MVP] Go to last post
1 186
Seagate FreeAgent | Xtreme External HDD Software on Vista Ultimate x64 by AnarchyCow
As many of you who use Seagate External Hard Drives might know, the Seagate tools that come on the External HDD do not work with 64-bit operating systems at all. Which personally, makes me upset. Pretty much anyone who is really going to use 1-1.5TB HDD space is going to know what they are doing when it comes to computer, in the current day and age with the amount of ram swelling to over what...
December 26th 08 10:02 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 180
Boot Setup by desgnr
When i leave a USB flash drive in & boot the PC i get a message to remove disk. When i remove the Flash Drive the PC boots up. I want to leave the flash Drive in all the time. I tried to change the boot sequence. My Options a Boot Menu:
December 26th 08 05:21 PM
by Peter Foldes[_2_] Go to last post
1 198
need 64 bit driver for agere hda modem by nsharazer
need 64 bit driver for agere hda modem
December 26th 08 11:36 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 169
Filter Frequencies for Sound Output? by Henson[_2_]
I just installed a TV tuner on my Vista box, and I get a very high-pitched ringing (barely audible, but annoying) every time that it's turned on. Is there any way that I could use Windows to filter out this upper frequency? Thanks! - Henson
December 26th 08 02:13 AM
by Henson[_2_] Go to last post
0 180
Printer drivers in add hardware? by BIGDADDY51
Will the drivers for printers listed in add hardware, work for the printers listed? For example, If I buy a Canon MP160 printer thats in that list, shouldn't it work without a problem? I really want a 3 in one that will work with Vista, without spending a thousand dollars.
December 25th 08 11:01 PM
by Sentar Go to last post
1 175
CD/DVD RW error code 39 by davdun75
Vista no longer recognizes CD/DVD RW drive; is listed in Hardware and in BIOS but driver corrupt or missing. Have run Repair on Vista, Sys Restore, retried driver installation, removed recent software... still get error Code 39. Microsoft has no solution, by default error reporting and search for solution.
December 25th 08 10:27 PM
by Lilly Go to last post
6 189
Hello, i need some tech help on Graphic cards by Shawn4455
i need help on a huge problem here. I recently got a geforce 9600 gt verto PNY And when i installed it i did this Went into the hardware uninstalled my on board graphics drivers. Shut down my computer then loaded the new card in. Put the installation disk in downloaded the drivers FROM the disk and it required a restart. This is where the fun begins Now i cannot boot my computer at all it gives...
December 25th 08 10:07 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
2 156
have only on hard c by nibal
i have a new laptop, windows vista, but has only one hard drive c 250 G, I want this one to be three c, d and e. Is there any possible and the most suitable method to do that without hurting the laptop.
December 25th 08 08:06 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
4 218
Cannot Write to DVD Drive by asolution
To Any Good Hardware and/or Software Samaritan, I have very strange problem that started about 3 months ago. It started out of the blue for some reason that I cannot figure. I cannot now write to my pair of DVD/CD drives (Plextor Model PX-755SA). They are recognized by the system and can read any DVD/CD that is place in them. However, with that said, every time I stick a fresh disk...
December 25th 08 07:57 PM
by asolution Go to last post
3 177
sudden shutdown of HP notebook by anil
according the problem solving queries i had a problem of X64_0xD1_athrx+58a71 , type 0 - as the BLUE SCREEN Fault bucket name but on ur site http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=X64_0xD1_athrx%2B58a71&dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices&cat=en_US_9CA88DDB-D18D-FA0E-A366-6E527B0FBA67&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us the...
December 25th 08 05:31 PM
by anil Go to last post
0 193
External eSATA Hard Drive Issue by Luvflt
I have a Seagate 1TB SATAII hard drive that I put in an external enclosure. The enclosure allows for USB and eSATA connections. When I use the USB connector it works fine. When I connect it to the eSATA port of my card reader using an eSATA cable Windows Vista does not recognize the drive as being there. I already have 3 other Seagate internal drives running fine. Am I missing a driver or is...
December 25th 08 02:46 PM
by Luvflt Go to last post
5 224
Solution to USB (HD and flash drive) problem!! by Said Salomon[_2_]
Ok I found the problem with usb ext drives (Hard drive, flash, etc). For some reason the usbstor.inf and usbstor.sys were missing for some unknown reason. Was keeping me from loading any ext drive including flash drives. I found the files in C:\Windows\System32\FileRepository\usbstor.inf_some hex junk folder. Just copy the usbstor.inf to C:\Windows\inf and usbstor.sys to...
December 24th 08 04:44 PM
by russmeister Go to last post

From The