Missing Registry Keys by mknoa
I recently bought a new laptop with Vista. I have been trying to load the software for my HP printer but everytime I try I get an error message that says that the following registry keys do not exist so I can't load the softwa slbcsp.dll sccbase.dll gpkcsp.dll enum
December 19th 08 03:37 AM
by michelle Go to last post
4 277
eSATA - is this compatible? by TBolt
Hi, guys. I have a Gateway P-6860fx laptop, which has an eSATA port (fortunately). I have this *ATA 100* drive (500GB) that I used in my old desktop: 'Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKB 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives' (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136111) Is that drive compatible with this eSATA unit...
December 18th 08 05:55 PM
by TBolt Go to last post
8 285
Windows Network Projectors? Anyone used them, or know of a good one? by [email protected]
At our business there is interest in getting a 720P projector, that is capable of taking a 1680x1050 resolution from a laptop, but that can work with hard ethernet cables or maybe even 802.11N.. IE: the goal is to be able to plug in any laptop to an ethernet cable, which can then connect to the network projector. In most cases they all have Vista, which as the network projector connection icon...
December 18th 08 04:51 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 265
Laptop Sleep Issue by Adam Trotter
I have a problem with my wife's laptop entering sleep mode when I don't want it to. The laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio F45-AV411. The laptop works great... until she plays a game. It doesn't seem to matter what, anything 3D intensive is enough. After a few minutes of gaming, the laptop will simply put itself to sleep. I don't think heat is an issue, the laptop does not feel hot to the touch...
December 18th 08 03:03 AM
by Adam Trotter Go to last post
8 264
ÈFÈUÈbÈqÈZ ÈUÈeÈeÈZÈhÈ^ÈhÈcÈqÈZ ÈYÈqÈfÈdÈmÈ`È^ by ÈEÈdÈXÈcÈZÈYÈU
Ç÷ÈWÈUÈYÈlÈUÈhÈr ÈbÈ^ÈcÈiÈh ÈmÈ^ÈgÈhÈdÈXÈd ÈiÈYÈdÈWÈdÈaÈrÈgÈhÈWÈ^Èu http://sanderswynx.chat.ru
December 18th 08 01:42 AM
by ÈEÈdÈXÈcÈZÈYÈU Go to last post
0 257
Need Immediate Help! by vccaan
My Gateway GT5408 Vista crashed. The screen reads Boot Manager. It tells you to put in the CD & then hit repair. I only have an upgrade CD. I tried that & it didn't help. It gives me a "no signal" screen and then it automatically goes back to the Boot Manager screen. The orginial Vista was installed when I purchased it. I really need the computer asap. It's used for school & work! Please...
December 18th 08 01:09 AM
by vccaan Go to last post
2 251
USB not recognizing devices by Paul Schumacher
I am having a fairly new problem with the USB on my Dell Dimension 4600 not recognizing many USB devices when attached. This was somewhat of a problem before but has gotten worse recently since reinstalling Vista Home Premium. The devices such as a fingerprint reader which has always worked is 'not recognized' some of the time when plugged in. A Lexar CF reader that has worked on this...
December 17th 08 10:17 PM
by otzme Go to last post
1 231
IRQARB error by j lunis
Vista Home Premium recently, my PC has begun freezing, forcing reboot. A few errors appear in Event Log unfailingly. One of these is Event Error 6 - IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 0, function 0. I have done some research and found places suggesting I check the noted PCI slot. Problem - I have no idea what 'PCI slot 0' is. How do I find it and how do I...
December 17th 08 09:50 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
1 210
Which CPU should I use by Daniel
Hi I have two spare CPU's and am not certain which one will give me the best performance. 1) Intel Pentium D (Dual Core) Extreme 3.2 Gig with HT 2) Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66 Gig Any ideas on which will perform faster for a) Gaming, b) Graphics work c) General EG Spreadsheets etc.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 17th 08 05:01 PM
by Daniel Go to last post
11 400
Vista is using too much shared video memory by Jeff lebanese
Hi I have a Core 2 duo,intel d946 motherboard,geforce 7600gs 256mb and 2gb rams.Vista is telling me that I have 500mb shared video memory added to the 256mb of the geforce card,I tried to see if I can decrease this in the bios but it was already set to its minimum of 128mb and not 500mb!! Is there any way under vista to decrease shared video memory? its obvious that its vista which is...
December 17th 08 03:18 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
4 212
Promise Fast Track 376/378 Raid Driver Problem installing Vista B2 by majordad
I have a SATA and an IDE drive on my Asus A8V Deluxe mobo. I installed Vista Home Premium retail version on my IDE because of the problems with Promise raid and kept XP on my SATA. I could not see the SATA drive in Vista. I don't have the keys to validate the Vista install but at least I can play with it for 30 days. Vista is apparently written on the Win 2003 code. There is no XP code in...
December 17th 08 02:24 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
6 358
USB devices by Ron
After the last series of updates to Vista all USB devices that function as removeable discs have a problem. The problem is that Vista says "the device needs formatted in order to use". The devices are formatted and work on XP machines. Prior to the updates the problem did not exist on the Vista machine. Using Vista Ultimate SP1 Any advice or encountered same problem?
December 17th 08 06:28 AM
by microdude431 Go to last post
3 240
External hard disks by marnix_moed
For use on my Windows Vista laptop, I am looking for a 1 terrabyte external hard disk, and I am considering between the Iomega Prestige and the Lacie Neil Pouton. There are 3 important issues for me: 1. Are they quiet/silent in use? A friend of mine has the Western Digital Mybook Essential, which does not need a fan for cooling. Is this also the case with the Iomega and Lacie?
December 16th 08 03:20 AM
by Rich Greene Go to last post
4 257
printer not working/ no error?! by alittlesteph
Help! I have Vista Home Premium and a Konica Minolta Magicolor 2400W printer. Everything was working fine and now it just won't print. I get no popup or error codes. Nothing happens at all. Like I didn't even click 'print'. I have uninstalled and reinstalled printer. Driver is available thru Vista and all is recognized. I have stopped and started the spooler, I have disconnected and reconnected...
December 15th 08 11:07 PM
by alittlesteph Go to last post
4 229
My hardware is making me crazy, constantly working loud NOISE please help! by markzurbruegg
Hey please help, i have a windows vista 64 bit home premium. 4gb ram 2*500gb rom nvidia motherboard dvd drive blu-ray drive if any additional info is needed please contact been looking to fix it for a long time please help.
December 15th 08 09:50 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
1 239
Losing new contacts on phone by Bruce in IL
When I sync my Samsung Ace with Outlook, all new entries on the phone are lost. Everything does, however, sync properly from my computer TO the phone. What am I doing wrong? -- Bruce in IL
December 15th 08 03:36 PM
by Diane Poremsky [MVP] Go to last post
5 324
Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM) by Mayham Spellings
Ok the problem is !!! Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS soundcard. After installing the Software to use n callibrate all 6 speakers (5.1) the software would not start at all. Software can not start because its missing the compatible Drivers or something. But in Device Manager i can see that i have - Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 15th 08 10:07 AM
by m1ch4L[_3_] Go to last post
10 440
Problem with Blue Screen/Explorer error on Startup by DaveDMan62
I have three users accounts on my HP Pavilion DV9260, running windows vista ultimate. Two accounts open up fine but one stops and indicates Explorer is not responding, and when you press search for updates I get a blue screen. My event viewer reflects the following Bluescreen error: Fault bucket X64_0x9F_nt!PopBuildDeviceNotifyLis****chdog+2f, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: None Is...
December 15th 08 05:35 AM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
1 242
Mouse-left click doen't work... by AMDkid
After I log into Windows (Vista Ultimate 64-bit), my mouse moves, (Right handed) right click works, but the left click doesn't respond to commands. Same problem when using another mouse. After 10 years of geeking, this one has me really confused. Note if I reboot it's 50-50 chance it'll work, but I wouldn't bet that after the next boot it will. Any suggestions? Mouse: Creative Fatality Pro...
December 15th 08 04:47 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 264
Authentec update causes Fingerprint reader to no longer work by coladan1
I need some help and hopefully can find it here. I have a Lenovo 300 N100 Notebook running OmniPass. On my last windows update, an update was installed to the Authentec Fingerprint device driver and now, the fingerprint reader does not work. I would like to get things up and running again, but do not know how. Can anyone come up with a way to get things working again. Thanks fo the...
December 14th 08 11:39 PM
by aussie_lonesQS89 Go to last post

From The