Power Supply by Vista_32bit
I have a dell insp. 531s with a 250W power supply. Dell support says upgrading to anything over (like 400W) would potentially fry my components, is this true? Is it safe to upgrade to a higher wattage? -- Vista_32bit
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 14th 08 10:57 PM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post
12 552
4 Gigs DDR3 Ram showing at 2 Gigs in Vista 64 by pcbilski
I have a really weird issue, here are the details. Firstly, ass stated in the title i do have Vista 64 bit. Recently bought 2x2 Gig DDR3 1600 (corsair TW3X4G1600C9DH) with timings 9-9-9-24. My motherboard is an Asus P5Q3 Deluxe. This chipset (Intel P45) has know issues with DDR3 running at higher than 1066, but this has supposedly been rectified with a BIOS update which i have flashed, so not...
December 14th 08 05:53 PM
by pcbilski Go to last post
1 340
APC UPS not recognized by No One
Hi everyone ... I have an APC Smart UPS 700 that works well and was working on an XP machine that I replaced with a new Vista Home Premium machine. As with most new computers, it does not have a serial port, so I added a new serial/parallel card that DOES include a Vista 32 bit driver, and Device Manager says everything is fine, no conflicts. I hooked up the UPS and there are no options to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 14th 08 05:50 PM
by John[_4_] Go to last post
10 530
Problem with sound only working after Sleep by Horosha
I have a new Asus laptop that uses a sound called Realtek High Definition Audio and the driver RTKVHD64.sys (v6). I noticed that sound does not work at all until after I put the computer into sleep and wake it back up. It works, but it's really annoying, and if there's a way to fix it, please let me know. Thank you --
December 14th 08 05:29 PM
by Brink Go to last post
1 267
How do I change my password? by spamme0[_2_]
Vista Ultimate SP1. ctrl-alt-delete...change password...enter data... Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, either because the machine is not available or access has been denied Now what? All the other systems on my network are powered off. I rebooted this machine...no joy.
December 14th 08 09:40 AM
by Richard G. Harper [MVP] Go to last post
1 302
Problem booting Vista after replacing second drive by wjousts
I have Vista Ultimate installed on my computer with two drives. Vista is installed on the primary c drive and the secondary d drive contains only applications and data. I decided to upgrade my secondary drive, so I copied all the file on the secondary drive to my new drive and then unplugged my old secondary drive. The problem is, that now Vista will not boot. If I plug the old drive back in,...
December 13th 08 04:26 PM
by wjousts Go to last post
5 318
VoIP phone sound problem by David Venables
Hi, I have just installed a Butler 4012 VoIP telephone to run with SKYPE but am unable to receive any sound through it. The phone seems to be connected to the SKYPE program properly as I can dial out with it, I just can't hear anything with it. I did play about with the sound devices and got to the stage where I could fully use the phone, but I then couldn't hear any of the usual sounds...
December 13th 08 12:59 PM
by Muhammad Abuissa Go to last post
1 294
Sounds crashing, Realtek AC'97 by jne2111
Hi, I bought this computer two months ago and have had this problem since then. First, I couldn't get 5.1 sounds working properly, only front speakers worked. I searched for help and tried everything and finally found this program called SRS Audio Sandbox which I'm using now and all speakers are working fine. But when I'm listening to music, watching videos etc. sounds crashes after a
December 13th 08 09:25 AM
by Walt Thatcher Go to last post
5 308
backround web by ewastudent
i know this sounds simple and dumb, but its been buggin me for a while. How would you save a web page to your backround on the computer? It would look like the web page, but if you tried to click on something, it wouldnt do anything. does anybody know? (when you go to the desktop backround, it shows all the icons and start menu and webpage, but it is just the backround.) I am running vista. thx
December 12th 08 08:52 PM
by ewastudent Go to last post
6 283
from 2 to 4 gigs ram, vista doesn't boot by Bob
Added 2 gigs of new ram from crucial, linux runs fine, been dual booting since Vista was invented .. ;o) Vista won't boot now all the way. In normal mode it stops after the little bar near the bottom of the screen moves from left to right. never stops though. I waited 15 minutes and it keeps on going, no hdd activity any more. Did a 2 stage vista mem test, all normal. Safe mode stops at...
December 12th 08 08:35 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
2 265
apple newsgroup by ewastudent
thank you guys for your help, but is there an apple newsgroup, or mactintosh that i can type in to my NNTP box e.g.(msnews.microsoft.com)? i am using windows mail for this(vista basic
December 12th 08 07:31 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 282
Nostromo Speedpad N50 working on Vista by waskol
I invite all Nostromo Speedpad N50 owners to come and my sourceforge project website. You will find there a free, Open source software that permits to use it on Windows Vista. This time, if it was not working, it was Belkin's fault ! -- waskol
December 12th 08 09:45 AM
by waskol[_2_] Go to last post
1 240
Click here to be infected with malware by Saddam Hussein
your computer will now self destruct in 5 seconds. Best step away from your comp, or yull git hurt.
December 12th 08 04:57 AM
by C.Skaggs Go to last post
4 284
Cannot Mirror Desktop in Vista Home Premium by usasma
Installed Vista Home Premium (Upgrade) on an XPPro system (clean install) with 2 displays. The desktop was extended to the 2nd display automatically when it setup. Unplugged 2nd display and uninstalled it in Device Manager. Rebooted - device not listed in Device Manager. Reconnected 2nd display and it reverted to the extended desktop. All the resources that I've read suggest that...
December 12th 08 04:02 AM
by Figgerer Go to last post
2 240
Vista cannot find any wireless networks - hardware failure? by Paul[_24_]
I'd be grateful for any suggestions. My client has a notebook with an intel 3945abg wifi card. This card cannot find any networks. Vista Business SP1 is fully updated and the latest drivers are installed. Device Manager shows everything enabled and working. Hardware switch is ON. I have reset WINSOCKS. If I uninstall the card and reboot, the card is reinstalled and works fine until the...
December 11th 08 09:19 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
4 273
Surround sound for Intel DP35DP mobo, Vista x64 by scandib
I've been trying without success to get surround sound to work with the onboard audio for the Intel DP35DP board ever since installing Vista SP1. This board uses the infamous Sigmatel Audio, the driver for which apparently hasn't been updated since May, 2008. All I get is sound from the two front speakers, nothing from the center speaker, subwoofer, or rear speakers. I have both the IDT control...
December 11th 08 08:03 PM
by scandib Go to last post
0 261
Questions... by Saddam Hussein
Does any of you guys know who Dr. Drew is? what about adam corolla
December 11th 08 06:52 PM
by ewastudent Go to last post
1 277
CODE 12 (device cannot find enough resources that it can use) by FRANKV
I have installed Nvidia Geforce 8400GS (graphics card), I'm running Vista (Home), I'm trying to use my Sharp 32" HDTV as a monitor. I have downloaded the latest drivers and also set the BIOS driver to AUTO as to use the add-in (Nvidia) device. Even though I get an image on the TV monitor, the hardware device shows "this device cannot find enough free resources that it can use" CODE 12. (Note: I...
December 11th 08 03:09 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
8 336
DVD-ROM gone missing! by barrowhill
Setting up two notebooks (see below) for Christmas Day presents on behalf of my neighbour and destined for his daughters Working on first one and have a problem in that DVD cannot now be seen by "My Computer" or via Windows Explorer. It was there as I used it to burn “Driver Utilities” DVD. Device Manager shows error code 39 - Windows cannot load the device driver for this...
December 11th 08 01:04 PM
by nathanville Go to last post
6 316
Hauppauge WinTV USB2 drivers by A. Feiner[_2_]
Any one has any luck running this? -- A. Feiner
December 11th 08 02:30 AM
by A. Feiner[_2_] Go to last post

From The