  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Dualcore problems VIsta by M vd Waarsenburg
Hello Everybody, Ik have a laptop with a dualcore proc (AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50 1,61 GHz.) I have installed the 64 bit version of Vista but i have seen that the proc is not recognized. in the hardware there a ? bij the Coprocessor. Are there more people with the same problem ?
January 31st 07 10:14 PM
by arthur Go to last post
4 182
Netgear SC101 network storage by Gords
I have a Netgear SC101 attached to a home workgroup the storage device software will not work in Vista does anyone know a work around?
February 1st 07 02:36 AM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
1 134
Vista and Dell Dimen.4700 Soundmax drivers by detroit03
Hello, I have a dell dimension 4700 with a soundmax audio card. I found lastnight while installing vista that there is a conflict between vista and the current driver for the audio card. After talking with a microsoft rep, and over an hour on the phone, that the driver was indeed stopping the computer from shutting down...i would hit shutdown, and it would just reboot. I would get a message...
January 31st 07 07:02 PM
by detroit03 Go to last post
0 164
January 31st 07 11:16 PM
by jupitersample Go to last post
1 169
Drivers by dice_cast83
If I have installed or upgraded my system with windows vista...I really must download all drivers for the new windows. All drivers, like for the touchpad of my laptop, for my NVIDIA GO 7600, for really all these things?? I hope somebody can answer my question. I really think about it notto install vista if it would be so. Thanks, would be cool to get some useful answers.
February 1st 07 05:23 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 146
Audio stops working eventually until restart by DogHead
Mine starts, as well, but then sometimes stops or audio quality starts breaking up. Tried different sound configurations, but that didn't help. "suv" wrote: I had the same problem on my laptop. For no reason whatsever, the audio suddenly stopped when playing on WMP and I had to restart. The problem I found was with a sound card driver upgrade by Windows. I rolled back the sound card...
January 31st 07 10:23 PM
by DogHead Go to last post
0 178
Memory by Chris Howling
does anyone else find that when turning the computer on after logging into vista it takes a long time to load up?
February 1st 07 04:52 AM
by Robert Firth Go to last post
1 238
Sony Vaio TX650P by LM-IM
I am also running a Sony Vaio TX-650P. I have noticed that the Sony Smart Wi Utility is not functional in Vista. I have also noticed several programs that I ran on XP that don’t function since the upgrade. Ex. Cingular Connection Manager.
February 1st 07 12:48 AM
by LM-IM Go to last post
0 145
Looking for any Vista driver upgrades by LM-IM
I am running a Sony Vaio TX-650P. There are several hardware incompatibilities. 1. Hardware a. Quick keys i. DVD Controls don’t function ii. Audio Controls function iii. Instant Mode Keys function b. Video Card not compatible c. Unable to switch between Wireless LAN and WWAN connection. Also unable to completely switch them off without manually switching them off.
February 1st 07 05:19 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 159
Need help with NVIDIA card on Vista : / by Evan1157
I got Vista yesterday and got it installed, it's working fine except it didn't properly recognize my video card. When I booted it, it installed a generic driver for my card, and now thinks I have a 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' instead of my NVIDIA GeForce Go7900GTX. I downloaded NVIDIA's Vista drivers, but my computer is convinced I have the 'standard vga graphics adapter' and the...
January 31st 07 08:56 PM
by Michael Price Go to last post
3 173
Problems with iTUNES and iPOD sync. by Bill Walter
Is anyone running iTunes and have you seen any of the problems listed below? I am running iTunes 7.0.2.16 and iPod 60G version 1.2.1. If I leave iTunes open and not playing any content for several hours I will get a pop-up window C++ Runtime Error with no additional information. When I close the pop-up iTunes will close. When I plug my iPod into the USB port I get an error...
February 1st 07 02:43 AM
by Quin Bonner Go to last post
1 165
Switching Audio Output by tjg50311
I got a new USB Headset (Logitech 350 to be exact) and when I first plugged it in, Vista was routing my Windows Media Player and skype through the Headset and Windows Sounds through the speakers. In the sound mixer, there was a black shaded box around WMP and Skype as to show they were being played by a headset. I clicked the shaded boxs and that routed all sound to my headset. Is there a...
February 1st 07 02:09 AM
by tjg50311 Go to last post
1 138
Can't display on external monitor - Ferrari 5000 / Vista Ultimate by Ferrari
Hi there, I have loaded a fresh RTM install of ultimate on a F5000. things looks reasonable, but i cant display to the external monitor. i have an LCD attached which works just fine with a F4000/XPSP2. The monitor auto-detects when the cable is attached. on the F5000 i cant get the monitor to light up with Fn/F5 (toggle). Notes: when i setup Dual Monitor - then the monitor lights up...
February 1st 07 01:37 AM
by Ferrari Go to last post
3 184
nVIDIA GeForce Go 6100 by ED SCHWEBEL
Does anyone have a Vista driver for nVIDIA GeForce Go 6100 graphics? -- Ed Schwebel Quote of the day -- "Eighty percent of success is showing up." -Woody Allen
January 31st 07 09:32 PM
by arthur Go to last post
5 177
Vista - Surround (5.1) Support? by andrei.cst
I can't set my audio card to play Surround sounds, I can only hear my 2 front speakers... I tried setting it to Surround (from Control Panel Speakers Configure Next), but it's disabled (grey). I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate, with an Audigy 2 Soundblaster (24-bit, 7.1). If anyone has encountered this problem and knows how to solve it, please help !!!
January 31st 07 10:21 PM
by arthur Go to last post
5 160
Why does Vista not like AMD processors? by Bryan Foster
I have a AMD FX-55 processor and vista is only rating it a 4.4 while my buddy has a P4 2.8 and Vista rates his at 5.4! A AMD FX is 10 times the processor of a P4, I dont really care but I was just curious why it would do that.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 31st 07 11:07 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
10 292
Laserjet MFP 2840 / Driver by Leonard Marx
Hi, I cannot install my HP LaserJet MFP 2840, error says driver incompatible, does anyone can help me? please. Thanks a lot.
January 31st 07 09:27 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
3 146
Audigy LS Line In Problem by Iain D
Hi, I am not getting any audio coming out via the Line-In signal from my Winfast TV Tuner, though the mixer shows that it is receiving audio. If I record the audio will be their on playback. I am presuming that this is an issue with the current Creative Audigy LS Drivers. Can anyione confiorm this? Anyone know of a cheap Sound Card Chipset that has a working Line-In under
January 31st 07 09:36 PM
by Iain D Go to last post
3 204
no sound by gabissky
Have a year-old HP Media Center with Realtek sound. Vista can't find/won't recognize it. Drivers from Realtek didn't install (didn't say for Vista anyway). I work by Winamp and online radio so ... any help gratefully appreciated.
January 31st 07 08:04 PM
by Dogbytes Go to last post
4 183
Asus SLI NVidia Force4 with 6600 Video. Vista install OK? by GeraldF
Anyone have experience with this combination. I've heard of troubles with Nvidia drivers Comments appreciated
February 1st 07 06:21 AM
by GeraldF Go to last post

From The