San Disk Micro U3 Drive is not ejecting properly by skirwin
When choosing to safely remove hardware in windows explorer or choosing eject via U3 launchpad it informs me it is safe to remove but the light does not go out. Then when I reconnect it it says it was not safely removed if it even lets me reconnect it.
February 15th 08 05:52 PM
by skirwin Go to last post
2 148
HP DC7600CMT - Nvidia ASUS N6600GT problem by Skippy
There seems to be an incompatibility when trying to use an HP DC7600CMT with any nVidia PCI express card. The one I am attempting to use is the ASUS N6600GT. The HP DC7600CMT has an onboard intel graphics chip that DOES work fine. However, when trying to use the nVidia card I receive this error in device manager: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) It...
September 10th 06 03:17 PM
by johannes Go to last post
1 461
HP DC7600CMT - Nvidia ASUS N6600GT problem by Skippy
There seems to be an incompatibility when trying to use an HP DC7600CMT with any nVidia PCI express card. The one I am attempting to use is the ASUS N6600GT. The HP DC7600CMT has an onboard intel graphics chip that DOES work fine. However, when trying to use the nVidia card I receive this error in device manager: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) It...
September 8th 06 06:13 AM
by Bob354 Go to last post
2 454
Keyboard Problems by skipjacktunafish
The Keyboard has been acting odd since installing Vista, keys press themselves and 'stick' and subsequentally the keyboard crashes, and only rebooting fixes this error. Oddly the calculator button seems unaffected. After running a checkdisk on my large external drive i realised that operation could not be cancelled because the microsoft keyboard doesn't work until windows loads. The usb...
April 19th 08 04:44 PM
by Adam Go to last post
3 176
PCI error by skipjacktunafish
I am having trouble with PCI error message (something to do with the midi port?) since i installed the CL beta drivers for my Audigy 2 ZS platinum soundcard. The drivers did not make my sound work and caused other problems and so i uninstalled the beta but this error remains and i cannot get rid of it. CL customer Supoort is very bad and they have been unable to avise me anything i haven't...
February 8th 07 08:14 AM
by skipjacktunafish Go to last post
0 251
Vista hardware by Skip
I downloaded the the vista compatibility check file to check my computer for compatibility with the Vista OS. That programs starts and runs the scan but never finishes. Is it possible that Vista 32 bit OS will not be compatible with a 64 bit motherboard running a 32 bit processor? Background: I upgraded a failed 32 bit ASUS motherboard to a 64 bit model thinking I would eventually...
October 17th 06 02:47 AM
by ericthebikeman Go to last post
2 157
reconnect blue tooth mouse by skinfox2003
I only have one blue tooth mouse and using it for both my office laptop (XP) and home pc (Vista). to reconnect the mouse on xp, I just simply need to right click on the blue tooth icon, and select reconnect the blue tooth device again. but on the vista, it seems to me the option is not given. Everytime I have to actually remove the mouse, and reinstall it again to get it work. Is there any...
May 7th 08 04:11 AM
by skinfox2003 Go to last post
4 177
Microsoft Keyboards and mouse drivers support by skid
Hi! I've got a Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard 1.1 and Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse. I've tryed to install Windows XP Drivers (IntelliType Pro 5.x) but doesn't work, doesn't install, got an error message... May be new drivers will develope? Or Microsoft don't release drivers for his own hardware products?
October 12th 06 06:45 AM
by RandySavage Go to last post
4 177
Creative sound distorts under high hard drive activity. by skEwb[_3_]
I'm experiencing distorting, crackling, poppiping and other slow downtempo sound issues under high hdd activity in vista. I have an Audigy 2 with latest vista drivers installed for it and it seems to work fine if the hdd isn't transfering much data, but the issue is very annoying if I'm doing any sort of heavy hdd activity. I've tried both winamp/foobar2k/wmp to play mp3s but it wont stop on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 16th 07 03:40 AM
by skEwb[_12_] Go to last post
10 272
BAFFLED!! please help! by Skeletoon
I just spent a lot of money on a new custom built machine for work: msi X58 platinum, intel core i7 965, geforce GTX 280, 1TB samsung HDD with 12 gigs of DDR3 RAM. The problem is that though vista recognizes everything, It's UNBELIEVABLY slow. I've taken out 3 of the RAM sticks leaving 6 gigs, and It's quicker!! (though now Vista recognises 3.99 of that remaining 6gig) This machine should blitz...
February 3rd 09 07:32 PM
by Clark[_4_] Go to last post
2 214
Vista 64bit on ASUS A8V board by Skeeve
Hi, I have recently upgraded my PC to an AMD Athlon 64 bit X2 on an ASUS A8V mainboard. Also used the opportunity to get a Vista x64 license. So I installed it and soon got stuck with the NVIDIA 7900GTO card I have. Turns out I had to tweak the graphics card's bios to get that to work properly in high resolutions. But that works great now. Also had to get drivers from the Realtek website for...
November 12th 07 05:30 PM
by Skeeve Go to last post
3 129
No Sound, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 card not recognized by Skawaii
I'm running Vista RC1 and am having a problem getting the sound to work. When I first install Vista, I had no sound card in the computer, but did have the onboard sound from the motherboard. This apparently installed correctly, but I head nothing when I plug in my headphones. I next put my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum card into my computer and fired up Vista. I was expecting the little...
September 24th 06 01:12 AM
by DCLocal Go to last post
8 187
Very low microphone volume by sk89q
My microphone is experiencing very low recording volumes in Windows Vista (Ultimate). I already have all the levels maxed. Ramping up microphone boost fixes it (+30.0 decibels), but it introduces a lot of noticeable static. I am currently using Realtek's High Definition audio drivers, but Microsoft's drivers are no better. Thanks.
January 12th 08 01:41 PM
by rockliff49 Go to last post
1 142
areo feature by sjv
im having trouble accesing the areo feature, i only get the vista basic feature but i have installed the prmiem version
May 15th 07 01:01 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 109
No USB device working in Vista while it is recognized through bios by sjors123
Hi I managed to work with my newly installed Vista Home for a few weeks. Yesterday I installed a docking station for my new Sony Handycam and the corresponding drivers and from that moment all my usb devices have failed to recognise. Nothing happens when I plug them in. I can't even use my wireless mous and keyboard. However, when I enter the computer's setup I see that my 3 usb mass storage...
May 31st 07 04:14 PM
by Jason Go to last post
5 153
DVD / CD / Optical Drive Visable in Explorer But Inaccessible by SJM
Dear All, Thanks in advance for any support. Since installing Vista Ultimate last year (2007) I have been unable to use any optical drive with this desktop computer. The system was previously running XP and the DVD-ROM drive was used to install Vista successfully. Upon installation the DVD stopped working properly and while visible in Explorer -- remained inaccessible.
April 14th 08 07:19 PM
by Brad Go to last post
1 160
vista only recognizes 10 of 100GB external hard drive by sjk1
I have VIsta Home Premium 32 and a Maxtor one touch seriesII. Vista states that the Maxtor only has 10GB and is almost full. The Maxtor has 100GB. Any known fixes?
November 11th 07 10:41 PM
by sjk1 Go to last post
0 136
Upgrading to Vista 64-bit Help by SJHunter86
I am trying to upgrade my current OS from Windows XP Professional 32-bit version to Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit. I recently upgraded to a 64-bit mobo and a 64-bit cpu (2.2ghz intel core2duo) so I want to get the most out of my system by upgrading my dated OS. On the Windows Marketplace it offers a downloadable version of Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit FULL, since I know I can't use...
March 20th 08 09:50 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 184
Sony Handycam not working by SJC
I thought I would bring this up again to see if anyone has found a fix that I have not found. I bought Vista (Home Edition 32-bit) in December '07 from Dell. For 5 months, my Sony Hi8 DV Camcorder worked great. I could download movies without a problem using a 4 to 6 pin firewire cable (IEEE 1394) right into Adobe Premier Elements 4.0 for editing. Until May... at some point, the same...
August 17th 08 04:38 PM
by SJC Go to last post
0 181
Usb Drive not accesible by sjb29
Just installed a new version of Vista Ultimate on a new hard drive. Wanted to copy files over from my old drive with xp on it to new drive but i can't access the drive. I have tried connecting the drive internally , externally via usb ,firewire and sata but no joy. Any idea's anybody before my girlfriend kills me before I lose all her photo's -- thanks
March 6th 07 07:30 AM
by Rafal Kubiak Go to last post

From The