Mother board terms? by chan589
I was looking at some mother board today and I was so terms on it like cha_fan,cpu_fan. what exactly are you suppose to plug into them? I'm new to this so i was hoping if you could tell me...:huh:. I like to know everything before i go off buying stuff to build a computer -- chan589
September 3rd 09 02:23 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
6 221
Quad Core or Core 2 Duo?? by chan589
I was looking at parts on Newegg.com and came by some processors. I saw a core2 quad 2.66Ghz cheaper then a Core 2 duo at 3.0GHz. Can you tell me what CHz. stands for and which processors would be the best...I was going to buy one but i thought that the core 2 quad was better...But how are they cheap:sarc:??? -- chan589
September 2nd 09 05:24 PM
by whs[_8_] Go to last post
3 159
Video Display Resolution by chancereid
I have a Viewsonic VA1912wb widescreen LCD and in Vista RC2 there isn't an option to set the monitor the it's native resolution of 1440X900. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. I do have the drivers from Viewsonic and Nvidia installed. The best resolution that I am able to use, without any distortion (horizontal or vertical) is 1280X800. -- ASUS A8N-E AMD Athlon 3800+...
December 3rd 06 04:31 PM
by dev Go to last post
5 144
Does this sound like a Graphics card hardware error? by chand
Hello everyone, I just want to know if a graphics card is not working, would it prevent me logging into vista? like there isn't enough graphics to boot vista? is this possible? Also would a malfunctioning graphics card cause weird symbols in the BIOS, like weird vertical lines, dollar signs replacing spaces, E's replacing F's, A's replacing N's etc.? Also could a power surge possibly damage the...
January 18th 09 06:45 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 177
Inspiron 510m Conexant modem in Vista by chanmm
Hello, I have a Dell 510m laptop with Conexant D 480 MDC V.92 modem driver install but the connection keep on disconnecting when I connect to Internet. Anyone know what is the reason? Regards, chanmm
November 26th 06 02:29 PM
by chanmm Go to last post
1 129
MY BATTERIE!!!! by Chantal Ouellette
I just purchased a new last top 1 week ago? Could my batterie be done allready??? I checked everything - made sure it was plugged right, did driver updates ect ect It says:"0% available(plugged in, not charging)...I've tried everyhing could someone please help?? Thanks Chantal Ouellette
September 22nd 07 09:32 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 135
Can I use Aero Glass by chaos29
hello, I have a Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Chipset Family ( Microsoft Corporation - XDDM ) graphic card. 128 MB On an Acer TravelMate Notebook. I cant find anything to enable aero, do I need any special drivers ? or is it not possible with this graphic card to use aero ? I am using Vista RC2
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 11th 07 04:54 AM
by Teeravee Sirinapasawasdee Go to last post
20 401
Comp screen going black and crashing when plugged into tv by chaoserver
Hey, last night I plugged up my comp to my HD 52 inch tv and played a game and browsed the web, it was phenomenal and worked perfect. However this morning(I didnt unplug my comp from tv just shut my comp) it was all off, the image on screen too big. I believe I then tried to change the screen res on my comp, at which point it crashed after both screens went black, I put back the res and tried...
August 7th 09 07:34 PM
by chaoserver Go to last post
0 254
Trust DS-3200 wireless keyboard and mouse by ChaosRay666
I'got Vista Ultimate as my os, now did my mouse broke down so i bought one wich belongs to the set. My reciever reconizes it and in XP it works fine. My problem is that Vista does'n't reconize the mouse, and it wont work ,while my keyboard works fine. I contacted trust ,got the newest drivers, still my mouse won't work!! Does anybody know if this is a bug (tried 2 sets in both cases the mouse...
October 15th 07 01:25 AM
by Rob[_2_] Go to last post
1 156
help by char
default window uses what login
February 5th 08 09:59 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 270
Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS by charger19690
Bought a new Dell with Windows Vista 32 bit. Bought a Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS card for the S-Video out for TV display. Between PNY, the manufacturer of the card and Nvidia's website, they both say that the full-screen feature to watch movies on the TV is unsupported because of the Windows Vista Platform. Is there any news of when or how to get Vista to play video to a TV output on a video...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 12th 07 11:21 AM
by A-non-e-mus Go to last post
16 237
How do I get my ATI 9600 TX to work with Vista by Charles
All I get is that it installed fine, but the device wont start.... Thia is what I get in Properties: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" I have already let windows sort it from updates, but no joy, so I went to the ATI site & downloaded the latest driver version that also said it was for Vista, but still no joy....
November 20th 06 10:03 AM
by Jeppe Go to last post
4 178
Where are these ReadyBoost Drives i hear so much about? by Charles
I'm in need of a new Hard Disk for my laptop and so i've been looking for a new Hybrid Hard Disk- one that supports Vista's new ReadyDrive feature. I have looked at numerous websites- including some that sell OEM drives and I can't find any! Anyone know where/how I can get hold of one for my 1 year old laptop? Thanks, Charles, UK, London
August 20th 07 06:17 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
6 167
Unable to print by Charles
Computer: Gateway MT6705 Notebook Pc Printer: HP Photosmart C6180 This printer is located remotely. It was working and then one day when I tryed to print I get a window that says "Save the file as". The suggested file type is *.xps. I can not print now. The "save to file" is unchecked. Please help!!!
November 4th 07 04:43 PM
by Charles Go to last post
0 2
Split personality. by Charles
My enviromental variables insist that I have both an AMD and an Intel Core 2 Duo processor. I del. the AMD and next time I check its back in there. This hard drive was new and has never had an AMD connected to it. With the exception that my second maching that is on a direct LAN with has an AMD 64. Does my box need to go see a shrink?
October 22nd 07 12:33 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 141
USB Conflict between wlan and modem. by Charles
When I first ste up this machine all worked well till My Wlan provider went down. When it got fixed I could not get Both my WLAN and Modem (both USB) to work together. I can run either one of them alone but not together (alternatly of course). I have tried all diff ports and both devices say they are on and working properly. They just won't complete the handshake
October 19th 07 08:46 PM
by Charles Go to last post
0 110
XP 64bit and Vista 64bit questions by Charles Chambers
I've got one computer to migrate to Vista Business 32-bit and one to migrate to either XP Pro 64-bit or Vista Business 64-bit, but the questions involve both platforms. One computer is a 32-bit computer running XPPro, with it's printers shared out to a (second) 64-bit computer running XP Home 32-bit at the moment. The first is upgrading to Vista Business 32-bit, and the second one is going...
February 20th 07 12:12 AM
by S.SubZero Go to last post
2 189
Adaptec APA-1460 Series SCSI Card by Charles Crowder
Has anybody successfully installed drivers for this PCMCIA card? I need it to access my Jazz drive. The driver that is listed in ADD HARDWARE won't install. It says that the driver does not support Vista and there are no XP drivers available for d/l. The latest ones are for Win98/NT. I wanted to ask Adaptec about this, but since the cards are out of warranty, I cannot email them a question.
December 3rd 08 01:53 AM
by Watzman Go to last post
1 272
Adaptec APA-1460 Series SCSI Card by Charles Crowder
Has anybody been able to install the above PCMCIA card? I have a version A and C card and need it to access my Jazz drive. A driver is listed in ADD HARDWARE but attempting to install it returns the error that the driver does not support Vista. I wanted to ask Adaptec about this but since the cards are out of warranty, I can't even ask a simple question of them now. The latest drivers...
September 30th 06 07:10 AM
by Charles Crowder Go to last post
0 181
ReadyBoost?? by Charles Harris
hello i bought a patriot 2.0 2gb flash drive to use just for readyboost, i formated it with both fat32 and ntfs but it tells me that "this device dose not have the required performance charateristics for use in speeding up your system" what could be the problem thanks.
July 13th 07 04:18 PM
by freddy Go to last post

From The