USB 2.0 vs Firewire by Zoloft
Hola! Purchased myself a nifty 1 TB Western Digital External to celebrate Black Friday. Has both the USB 2.0 and Firewire options. I've never used Firewire, so I was just wondering what everyone (or, anyone who reads this)'s opinion on which is the better option, Vista Home Premium x64. Thanks for reading, and for your input!
November 30th 08 12:52 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
5 349
SEAGATE SERIAL ATA HD by Abeekuh
Windows vista is unable to access my installation. My setup does not display this installation.
November 30th 08 12:49 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 304
CDDVD Combo Drive Question by LanceC85
Hello, I've had this problem with my CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive for about 2 weeks. I can write/read DVD's just fine. When I put a CD of any brand, blank or with data on it; it will not load. When I go to my computer and click on (E:) it will eject the CD and tells me to insert a disk. First i tried HP Total care, i talked to 3 different technician's. The first one told me to see if the drive had a...
November 30th 08 04:36 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
3 308
Adding a hardware device by Maurice
Attempting to add an internal DVD ROM drive that is supposed to be plug and play. When booting, error 'no system found' is generated. When the drive is removed the machine boots normally. Apparently, the presence of the drive confuses the system. If the drive is connected after booting there is the option to 'add a hardware device'. Regrettably this option does not offer drives as a...
November 29th 08 10:16 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
4 298
Simple RAM and optical drive Q's by bigdave234
Hey, recently bought a HP pavillion elite m9351, advertised with 4gb of ram and the vista home premium 64bit OS. The base only contains 3x 1gb sticks, the system bios is recognising 3gb of ram... am i missing something? is there onboard ram in this model or have i been sent a dud? it has 752mb of dedicated graphics and 2.5gb allocated by the OS, which would possibly rule out the missing ram being...
November 29th 08 05:57 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
2 320
Realtek HD Audio & Xbox 360 Input problems by njay
Hello all, first off: Gigabyte x48 DQ6 with SPDIF IN Bracket now for the problem: the hd audio manager sees that i gets an input from the xbox on audio
November 29th 08 05:16 PM
by njay Go to last post
4 331
Problem installing HP Photosmart C4280 by Kat
I have Windows Vista and wanted to install my new HP All-in-One printer. The printer first did not want to print, so I called HP Technical support. After an hour on the phone, we finally got the computer to communicate with the printer...so far so good. Now I tried to scan something, but the printer will tell me repeatedly that the USB cable is not connecte, even though it very well is. I...
November 29th 08 02:29 PM
by Tod[_2_] Go to last post
2 327
Capture card drivers by sloch
Hi I no sucess to use my capture card with windows vista my capture card is : -LightWave - - DV+AV Capture Card - -'www.lightwave.com.tw' (http://www.lightwave.com.tw/)-
November 29th 08 02:14 PM
by sloch Go to last post
5 311
2 vista installation on 2 devices by Juleke
Hi, Like I did with Win 2000 and XP, I'm trying to have 2 installations of Vista on 2 different devices. I choosing on which device I'm booting via the BIOS disc order. But on Vista, from the time that machine is starting on device 1 and device 2 is connected (My c drive of device 2 is renamed to eg H) On the next reboot where I'm choosing use device 2, windows is not able to
November 29th 08 01:38 PM
by Juleke Go to last post
0 278
Windows Boot Manager & address bar problem occured at the same time by Lati
Hi! 2 days ago something happened to my computer and since then 2 problems are constantly occurring: - Every time I turn on my computer, Windows Boot Manager asks me to choose an operating system to start. There is only one option to choose from – Microsoft Windows Vista, which is the only OS on my computer. I don't really know if this has any role at these Vista-problems (my knowledge about...
November 29th 08 11:02 AM
by Lati Go to last post
0 253
audio problems by Pavilionator
hi, i have a hp pavilion dv4, when i listen to music on it, it makes a crackling noise. it's not the whole song, it just randomly does it. if anybody knows how to fix it please help me. Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
November 29th 08 09:56 AM
by sami biwer Go to last post
2 300
RealTek with no sound by [email protected]
I've been trying to get sound on my Vista machine to work for a couple of days. I have an ASUS A7V8X-X mother board running an AMD Athlon 2600+ processer. The sound card is a AC97 RealTek. What's odd is that the sound originally worked after the Vista install, which as a clean install onto a new HD. At some point, the sound stopped working. I went through installing all sorts of sound...
November 29th 08 06:19 AM
by Snidley W. Go to last post
8 330
Send Free SMS Worlwide to any mobile phone iphone gsm http://free4sms.info by massimo
Free4sms is a free service. Send SMS for Free worldwide to any mobile phone gsm, iphone, smart phone. use it with moderation. http://free4sms.info/ free4sms enables you to send free SMS from its site to any cellular phone worldwide. free4sms service is provided like is, there is no guarantee of timely delivery of all messages to all cellular networks, free4sms cannot be held liable for any...
November 29th 08 03:48 AM
by massimo Go to last post
0 273
Nasty problem with nVidia onboard NICs in Vista x64 by Scott[_9_]
Hi all. For 9 months at least I've been happily running Vista x64 on an ASUS P5N32-E SLI motherboard with nVidia nForce 680i SLI chipset, with dual onboard NICs. I keep current with the MS patches (Vista is currently SP1). Following a reboot, and I believe some auto-installed MS patches, my NICs have stopped working. After the reboot, what appears to have happened is Vista has installed two...
November 28th 08 10:59 PM
by Jack \(MVP-Networking\). Go to last post
3 273
Can I Expect a Vista Ultimate to be fully functional on a Eee PC 1002HA? by Leon_Amirreza
Hi, are Vista ultimate features fully available on a Eee PC? Same question for Visual Studio Team Suite, ... , Visual studio Express, SQL Server 2008, and MSDN? Same Question for Office 2007 Enterprise or professional, ... ? Where Can I find comparison of featrures and softwares that support atom n270 and Eee PC on Microsoft Site?
November 28th 08 10:52 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 291
Bring Online Dynamic Disk whose status is invalid by KokomoKarl
I took out a hard drive from my desktop computer, put it in a USB external drive. However the drive will not come online. In Disk management the status is offline, i tried to use the DISKPART command line to bring it online, but get the error "DISKPART encountered an error while onlining the objects in the pack associated with the selected disk" The disk spins up and the correct size is...
November 28th 08 09:19 PM
by KokomoKarl Go to last post
0 278
Error Synchronizing project message in Window DVD maker by donalona
I have finished creating my Video but now when I try to publish it to a DVD I receive error message 'Error Synchronizing Project' and says 'temporary directory is not accessible'. Please help, I have no clue whaat to do and are desperate to get this done from my son's school.... thanxs a lot, donalona ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the...
November 28th 08 09:11 PM
by beiley Go to last post
2 296
Continuous System RESTART by rashid
Hey there everyone, sorry if this question has been asked before. I am a new vista ultimate 64 bit user. I have just obtained a new system and was running vista ultimate 64 on it just fine. I noticed that my cpu cooler fan was not spinning properly. I also noticed that my computer would crash randomly and tell me that there was a problem with the hardware. A friend reccommended that I reinstall...
November 28th 08 06:30 PM
by rashid Go to last post
0 279
google goes blah by vi
Has anyone else had Google maps in internet explorer block web pages. The maps api says it can't find the map web page . Other browser does not have this problem?
November 28th 08 05:53 PM
by vi Go to last post
0 272
Microsoft Mouse BT5000 can not install by Carlos[_6_]
Hi all, I've been trying to install a MS bluetooth mouse 5000 to the Vista Ultimate partition in a Macbook pro with no success. The irony is that is works flawlessly on the MacOSX side but not under Vista... Sometimes it can be detected, and supposedly able to add it to the list, but when I open the bluetooth wizard again, the device is not there..
November 28th 08 02:33 AM
by Carlos[_6_] Go to last post

From The