Firmware update for my DVD RW drive? by charliemay
Hi, I am having some sound issues when burning dvd's and have been told to update the firmware of dvd drive. I have located the model and it is a tsstcorp CD/DVDw ts-l632d ata device. My laptop is a GATEWAY ML3108b. I found a few posts concerning this disk drive but am still unsure on how to check my firmware and what would be the correct firmware update for me. Thanks for any help! Charlie :-)
May 19th 09 02:27 AM
by Andy Go to last post
2 327
Creative Sound Blaster Live! by Charlie[_11_]
Vista shows my device, but when playing games the sound is distorted badly... any suggestions?
December 8th 08 07:45 AM
by Charlie[_11_] Go to last post
4 255
VISTA on boot ignores all optical drives by charliko
I am wondering if my BIOS would keep the boot up from recognizing the optical drives and allowing the optical drive to boot up. Needless to say, installing anything gets tough with this problem. I am hoping someone will have some ideas...I want to install unbuntu as a dual boot with VISTA. Thanks in advance, Charlie Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
March 30th 09 06:06 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
3 207
Sound in Vista by Charlotte
I have sound from either the built-in speaker, or external speakers, but not from my Skype headphones. I can not locate any driver for a microphone and when I go into the audio settings my version of Vista (home basic) doesn't show the slider controls for phone line, line in, aux & microphone. From reading other questions and posts I looked at the Direct X thing but this appears to be for...
June 17th 08 05:38 PM
by Charlotte Go to last post
0 187
code 38 error on sd memorycard...... by Chartswife
I'm running vista Home Premium, on a HP Pavilion. Removable memory cards from my Canon digital camera worked fine for several months, now all of a sudden, its acting up. The card reads fine the first time I use it after boot up, and after that I have to reboot for it to be read or I get this message in the device manager: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a...
January 16th 08 12:29 AM
by reyd8 Go to last post
1 111
B0g standard floppy drive. by Chas
Hi guys, Back in build 5600...when I started building my machine, I decided that it was a good idea to have a perfectly normal looking 3.5" floppy drive. Now - BIOS reports it normally, even the new version of device manager reports it normally. When I try to access it, it reckons that the disk in drive A: is not formatted would I like to format it now? I reckon that's kewl, it has a
February 17th 07 05:17 PM
by Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User Go to last post
2 157
Corrupt Files on Flash Drive by chas638
Help, I bought a 8gb flash drive to copy files from one computer to another. It is formatted in FAT32 and can not be changed. Some files copy fine while others wpn't work. Media runs some MP3 files from the flash drive but will not recognize others. They all run off my hard drive in my computer. I also have the same problem with some JPG and word documents. Is there anything I can change or...
September 24th 07 04:16 PM
by chas638 Go to last post
2 107
Epson Scanner, Netwok Drive conflict by chas638
I just bought a Western Digital 1TB World Edition netwok drive. After I connected the drive and installed Mionet WD software on my Vista, I can no longer use my Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner. The computer states it's available and working fine but when I try to open it I get an error that it can't be started. It has been working fine for over a year with Vista and if I switch OS to XP...
January 11th 08 05:15 AM
by chas638 Go to last post
0 115
Craziest Mouse issue I've ever had...could use some help... by Chase
Okay...this is wild...So I moved my pc from one side of my desk to another. It required me to unplug everything and plug everything back in once the tower was moved. This means I unplugged my USB port mouse in the process... So when I plug everything back in, I didn't immediately notice anything and after a short while my cursor freezes on my desktop. I realize that the mouse is, in fact,...
March 16th 07 03:49 AM
by dean-dean Go to last post
3 99
i have no sound when i installed windows vista please help me by Chase
when i was on xp i had sound now i have no sound what do i do?
June 21st 07 12:30 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 231
USB - Cannot Install Mouse - Please help! by Chase_AV
Ok, I'm at a loss. I tried the SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 from an admin command prompt and opened device manager from there, did not work. I had to re-install my motherboard, and since my USB ports aren't at teh same place they were, my mouse is considered installed on one of those missing ports. Now, when I plug my mouse in on any other port, when I get to installing the driver,...
August 18th 07 09:38 PM
by Spirit Go to last post
4 542
HP LaserJet 3150 Printer Drivers by Chat
Try a different family of drivers - I got a 7760 photosmart printer to work on 7800 series drivers - HP is not very good with updating drivers etc. - same deal when XP came out - JMO "Travis" wrote in message ... Where the Devil are they?
August 31st 06 01:32 AM
by Chat Go to last post
0 621
Looking for a workaround to get my joystick working by chatman
Hi! My Logitech Wingman force joystick is not supported by vista because it's not a true HID device (it lists under "other hardware" though but with yellow exclamation mark). I am missing the "add generic game controller" feature that exists under XP so I could possibly use it as generic 2 way, 4 button controller. Any idea if that can be done? Martin
March 17th 07 03:41 PM
by chatman Go to last post
0 109
Can't Install My Printer HELPPPPPP! by chattz
I have the new *groans* VISTA.. I have tried installing my Deskjet 3520 both with and without the installation disk and I continue to get the same message: Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed. (error0x000003eb) I have searched everywhere can not find out what is wrong or what that error message means.!!. I checked and it says my driver IS installed so that can’t...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 11th 07 03:36 AM
by Pascal Filion[_2_] Go to last post
13 202
Speaker problem by chawdretto
Hi, ive installed vista on my PC. However i cannot play any sound on the computer because the pc doesnt recognise my speakers. The speaker icon on the taskbar has a red cross on it and if i access the playback settings it wont allow me to add any devise ect. Any ideas on how i can correct this?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 08 10:30 PM
by jody Go to last post
10 187
messed up keyboard - need help! by chawdretto
hi ive installed vista on my PC and my keyboard has messed up. What has happened is some keys have been 'switched'. ie if i were to try and type out '@' i have to use shift+2.. also occurs with other keys e.g the pound sign (to which i havent found the correct key!) any clue on how i could correct this? or is it a hardware problem?
November 15th 07 07:02 PM
by chawdretto Go to last post
6 109
Audio is not working by Chaz
I have just installed Windows Vista on my computer. I installed it so it would not keep any of my previous windows files or programs and so it could start fesh. However, since i have installed Vista there is no sound. I did everything i could think of. I went to my device manager and i went to "Sound Video and Gasme controllers" and there is one thing listed which is "Unimodem Half-Duplex...
October 2nd 07 10:16 AM
by David Go to last post
5 131
USB Mouse freeze when Vista Boots by [email protected]
My Microsoft USB mouse is freezing up every time I restart my Dell Dimension 9100. To get it to work, I need to unglug it and then it works fine. Any ideas what the problem could be? Same mouse works fine when I boot into Windows XP. Thanks.
March 13th 07 04:54 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 150
Philips VOIP 3211G/37 Skype Phone by Chdiamo
The Philips DECT 3211G/37 cordless Skype dual mode phone is not recognised in many computers running Windows Vista. The Skype forum says that a specific " PCI chipset" or " PCI USB card" must be used in desktops and that the modification cannot be done on laptops. Does anyone have any information on this and a possible work around? Thanks for whatever suggestions you can offer
September 3rd 08 01:42 PM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
1 191
bluetooth by chdx2
How do I turn on my laptop's bluetooth. my device manager shows I have a Bluetooth PAN Network Adapter and that it's enabled. But when I try to connect Blutooth, it says Bluetooth hardware not found.
April 13th 08 09:10 PM
by rwnorris Go to last post

From The