Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
help activating comp by alex in trouble
to who ever can help recently my computer just totally failed on me so i had to reboot from windows home disk, everything was installed and now its asking me for activation key which i have on my tower i have tried and tried over again to put the key in but it keeps on coming up wrong key.. what should i do and how can i fix this??
October 30th 08 08:29 PM
by LVTravel[_2_] Go to last post
3 297
Creating MSI for vista x64 by AGH
Hello I am using wix to create a Windows Installer for a 64-bit Platform that adds some dlls to the GAC_64. Any information will be helpfull
October 30th 08 09:44 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 261
Multiboot does not wok by Jack_G_Switzerland
Hello, I got Vista Basic with my new notebook. I upgrade it online with Vista Home Premium. Then I wanted to run XP in another partition but the system refused to install XP from Vista. Installing it separatly, I did not get the multiboot screen and to boot back from Vista I had to repair Vista, but then I dont have access anymore to XP. Installing XP first and then Vista, I got the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 29th 08 10:12 PM
by geobel Go to last post
18 548
In Need of Urgent Help - IDE Configuration by ballpointpen
Hey all, Ok, I'll give you guys an idea about what's happened. I've an Asus m50s Laptop. I had Vista 32bit and 64 bit on two separate partitions, on the same hard disk. The IDE configuration was set on " Enhanced" in my Bios. I wanted to install XP 64bit onto over my Vista 64 bit. Once i booted from the disk. it read "Couldn't detect a harddisk" So i read up on some forums and told me to change...
October 29th 08 09:55 PM
by DDW[_3_] Go to last post
3 323
Activation question by yelloguy
Hi, I have a laptop with Vista Home Basic and a desktop with Vista Home Premium. Both run slow and unstable. A friend told me that Vista 64 bit version runs more stable and seems snappier on the same hardware since he has tried both. So, I want to know if I can install Vista 64 bit for Vista Home Basic and Vista Home Premium for the licenses I have or do I need to buy new licenses for the...
October 29th 08 07:07 PM
by AJR Go to last post
6 277
No Windows old folder? by Jekyll and Hyde
Since I formatted (one or two will remember me having had to do this) I now notice that I have no Windows.old folder, is this normal? I used to get it but since formatting and installing Vista due to my previous installation troubles it has not shown itself.......I thought it should have been there, but no. I must admit that I always disliked it being there, and had in the past (year or so)...
October 29th 08 03:22 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
4 346
Restoring Vista using Windows.old? by ConraDargo
Hey everyone! Yesterday, Alcohol (the application) bummed up my Windows Vista so badly that I simply had to reinstall everything. Now since I ended up with a Windows.old folder containing everything from my previous Vista installation, I was hoping that I could somehow use this to e.g. recover my Sidebar and the way I had configured how I want Vista to look (you know with font types and how...
October 29th 08 05:31 AM
by ConraDargo Go to last post
3 314
HD Upgrade with Acronis 10 by George W. Barrowcliff
I upgraded my 100 GB to a new 250 GB by using the clone function of Acronis 10 on my Compaq Laptop with Vista Home. I set the clone to do an autoverify afterwards and it completed with no errors. 250 GB was hooked up as a USB drive and clone went without problems but when I replaced the 100 with the 250 and tried to boot, I get a message from a black screen "unable to load...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 29th 08 02:23 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
10 543
error 0x80300025 by pixbell
In trying to install windows vista on our brand-new, just-out-of-the-box computer, it refused to install. It gave me the error code 0x80300025, saying that it couldn't clean disk 0 because the specified disk did not exist. The error, the message said, occured when it tried to apply DiskConfiguration. Any idea of what's causing this? --
October 28th 08 07:18 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
8 365
Favorites folder by geotso[_2_]
I know that I can move my profile's folders (Documents, Images, Music etc) where I want them to by right click Properties Location Move. Well, I accidentally moved the Favorites folder from my profile to the root folder of D: and not to D:\Favorites (a folder I had created for that reason). Is there a way to move them back to the place I want (D:\Favorites)? -- Please remove hyphens to...
October 28th 08 05:50 PM
by geotso[_2_] Go to last post
3 259
Spoofing Mick Murphy by Mick Murphy
The spoofer uses a Newsreader. I use Web Interface. Spoofer crossposts through Newsreader; Web Interface can't. If you click on my name in the reply posts of mine here, my details are visible: name, total number of posts, date of joining, users helped, etc Click on the spoofer's name in HIS reply posts he my FAKED name, and whatever Address he wants to use, if he wants to use one; and...
October 28th 08 09:36 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
3 245
Cannot install MSMQ on Vista Business by ....DotNet4Ever....
I have a Windows Vista Business (32 bit) PC at work. It came with Windows pre-installed as it was a Dell machine. Now I need to add the Microsoft Message Queuing Server to my installation and do the following: 1. open control panel 2. Add or Remove programs 3. On the left pane selected "Enable/Disable Windows components" 4. On the resulting dialog scrolled down to "Microsoft Message Queue...
October 28th 08 01:01 AM
by meatball604 Go to last post
2 301
Can't boot Vista by Jekyll and Hyde
Hi, I hope this is in the right place, apologies if not though. My problem is this: Today I tried to install a new Mouse, a Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 but I got into a pickle and now I am at my wits end, I installed the software for it from its disk, but then unistalled it remembering the chap that built my PC saying "Never install the software off the disk as
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 27th 08 09:26 PM
by Jekyll and Hyde Go to last post
37 900
Vista Problems by Stu Davis
I have two major issues with Vista Home Premium (HP OEM version). The first is the refusal of the software to recognize one of my drives. I have an external Maxtor 320 gig drive which is split into two logical drives (G: and H:). Vista recognizes drive H: but cannot read G: When I hook this drive to my other computer (Gateway with 1 Gig ram, running XP Home) there is no problem recognizing...
October 27th 08 08:23 PM
by Stu Davis Go to last post
4 258
Installers freeze by gdwtch
I have an Acer Aspire 5920 laptop running Vista Home Premium and I'm having problems installing new software. Some examples a iTunes, Winzip, Java updates... pretty much anything that uses the Microsoft installer service msi, I'm guessing. I've tried many different things to solve the problem: Re-register vbscript Re-register msiexec Install version 4.5 of the installer Run the Windows...
October 27th 08 01:39 AM
by gdwtch Go to last post
5 261
Boot failure - how can i backup my hard drive before doing factory restore? by anniemc123
I have Dell Inspiron 6400 running Vista Home Premium 32 bit. Last week I did usual windows updates and then proceeded to install new itunes v.8. Upon completion of installation it asked me to restart, i clicked yes. MELTDOWN! It tries to start up but fails, so i select option of trying system recovery. didnt work - now I want to try and do a backup of my hard drive and then just do a restore...
October 26th 08 10:05 PM
by John Barnes[_2_] Go to last post
2 248
Can't uninstall Windows Powershell 1.0 by John
I am trying to upgrade my HP pavillion a1640n from xp home media edition with sp2 (installed and updated by best buy) to vista home premium using the HP upgrade dvds. The vista upgrade advisor said to remove windows powershell 1.0 before proceeding. When trying to remove per the directions from http://support.microsoft.com/kb926139/ the add remove programs window reports that windows...
October 26th 08 08:13 PM
by Kwex Go to last post
7 249
ntp by phoenix
What are my options for setting an ntp time source across my environment. This consists of vista and xp. The time source is a Netware server listening on port 123. cheers,
October 26th 08 07:46 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
3 295
Can't upgrade from business to ultimate by santiclaws
I have a retail disc which I got a while ago after I already had Vista Business installed on my machine. I tried upgrading a while back, but the installation would go through the entire process and then fail to boot into windows at the very end. I gave up, and then just tried again hoping SP1 fixed the problem. Now, when I try to install, it does not even give me the option to upgrade, only...
October 26th 08 02:22 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
3 282
XP and Vista by Louis126
Hello All, I am a Computer Networking major at a small community college in the town where I live. I know that someone else presently has a very similar question, but I feel mine is specific to my own need, so I will present it here in hopes someone will be able to help. My laptop was pre-loaded with Vista Home Basic. However, my wife has a laptop also (which I gave her when I bought this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 26th 08 01:36 AM
by don Go to last post
40 1,099