Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Installing Vista from OEM XP Pro by Mad Scot
As with previous versions of windows will it be posible to a clean install from a Vista upgrade disk, assuming it will ask to check the CD and key? Or would this approach require a full install disk? many thanks
November 30th 06 09:34 PM
by Marty Felker Go to last post
6 331
Completing Upgrade (64%)... by Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
Hello Devon, Can you try hitting Shift-F10 keys? This should open a CMD prompt. Can you capture the setupact.log file? It may be in the $windows.~bt\panther folder or in the \windows\panther folder Depends on where in setup it was. Compress it and send to me. ( remove online from the address) How much data was on the drive? How big was the drive?
November 30th 06 11:09 PM
by Devon Harding Go to last post
3 384
New Gateway laptop gives install error 0x8007045D by Mike Bailey
I’ve seen several postings relating to Error code 0x8007045D during attempted installs of Vista, however no true explanation or solution, does anyone have one? My week old Gateway laptop (model: MP6954) has an initial protected partition installed by Gateway and is 6.82 GB that contains a locked file or folder called “System Restore”, this is locked by PC Angel. The second partition...
December 1st 06 04:34 AM
by Mike Bailey Go to last post
4 268
ACPI failure during install by ComputerDummy
Let me take a guess ?? hum Sounds like a ACPI Vers. 1 Problem.. HP, Toshiba, IBM, Intel System... This Standard was Changed in 2002 but the companies kept it back to sell new hardware for Vista. you need ACPI 2.0 or Newer for Vista. maybe someday there will be a update for the Bios. "Andrew Clarke" wrote:
December 1st 06 05:01 AM
by ComputerDummy Go to last post
2 350
Visual Studio 2005 on Vista by Henry Jones
I tried to install Visual Studio 2005 on Vista last night but received a message that known problems exist and would I like to check the internet for a solution. I let it check and it found nothing. I then cancelled the rest of the install. Has anyone successfully installed and used Visual Studio 2005 on Vista without problems (other than the obvious coding problems that us programmers...
December 1st 06 12:31 PM
by Clint Go to last post
3 306
Looping Reboot at Login Screen by bside
No error just the reboots. They occur whether a password is entered or not. Started after manually removing Protector Suit QL from Toshiba M400. Standard removal was not possible. Repair using Vista DVD had no effect. Upgrade install grayed out. Data all visible using command prompt in the repair tool.
December 1st 06 02:00 PM
by vytec Go to last post
1 145
Vista Authentication Question by JCO
It is my understanding that you can own your system with Vista running but you can't make a significant hardware change. If you, for example, change the harddrive out, Vista won't run unless you Authenticate it again. You only have 3-chances to do this before you are forced to purchase another license copy of Vista. If this is true, then what if you get your system home and decide to partition...
December 1st 06 03:42 PM
by Theo Go to last post
9 255
Need to recover room on harddrive - can I delete ... by va
Hi, I successfully UPGRADED to Vista (ON TOP my SP2). Everything works fine. But I am trying to clear off and make some room on my harddrive - can I or should I delete 1) The old XP i386 directory 2) The new Vista install created directory "boot" 3) The new Vista install created hidden directories "$WINDOWS.~Q" and
December 1st 06 04:03 PM
by Gary G. Little Go to last post
5 318
Can't Install Vista from Burned DVd by Mike Chunta
I burned the "ISO file" onto the dvd from my computer, and then i put it into a computer that i want to install it on. I dont see any setup screen or anything, all it shows is the ISO file that i burned and does not know what to do with it. Can anyone help me out? Thanks
December 1st 06 07:16 PM
by Phil Go to last post
2 171
Vista RTM installs & runs great, Media center app crashes by nick
Very strange! Vista Ultimate (32bit) RTM installs and runs fine, including media player for music & videos. config: Amd 64 1.8ghz, 1 GB RAM Happauge PVR 150 TV tuner recognized, geoforce 5700 (AGP) graphics controller recognized - with built in vista driver, Chaintech AV710 Envy based sound card - driver installed from windows update Linksys WUSB54GS works (XP driver, installed frm ver...
December 1st 06 07:45 PM
by nick Go to last post
0 191
Is is possible to upgrade premium to ultimate by Phil
I need Remote desktop and I can't belive it isn't included in premium. Wil I have to reinstall with the ultimate key?
December 1st 06 07:49 PM
by Erik Chapple Go to last post
1 168
Dual Booting...'One More Time' by John C. Iliff
After reading, playing, etc., I have created a successful dual booting situation, with no apparent problems. But I'd like some informed opinions on potential problems with my setup, e.g., interaction between the systems and/or components. What happens to XP when in Vista, and vice versa?? After reading about restore, I was concerned about Vista's restore writing to XP, and vice versa, so for...
December 1st 06 08:41 PM
by John Barnett MVP Go to last post
1 177
Drives are missing by bob
My laptop has two Hard disks, each with two partitions. After upgrading from WindowsXP Pro to Vista only the two drives on hard disk 0 (drives C and D) show up. The other drives (E and F) on hard disk 1 don't show up. Drive E is now mapped to my DVD drive. How do I get them back?
December 1st 06 08:50 PM
by bob Go to last post
2 169
Page Fault while installing Windows Vista by Muhammad Saeed Iqbal
While installing Windows Vista, when system restarts and then setup begins, a Page Fault occurs. What could be the possible reason?
December 2nd 06 02:47 AM
by Halldor Hrafn Jonsson Go to last post
1 132
Install Key by tacwalker
Can I, and Is it ok to, install MY COPY of 5744 on a friends PC using the same install key? Thanks
December 2nd 06 04:39 AM
by Kokkos Go to last post
5 239
Upgrading to Vista Question by loki1984
Not sure if this was the correct sub-forum or not, if not I apologize, and hope that it can be moved accordingly. I just purchased a new PC, so with that, come the start of the year I guess, I'll be getting a free upgrade to Vista. In the meantime however (after having used RC2 for some time), I've come to get used to Vista, to the point where I hate XP. So, I'm wondering, if I were to...
December 2nd 06 10:42 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 171
Vista Installation by [email protected]
I got the 2 disc Release Candidate 1 Customer Preview Prog. a few days ago I have already installed the advisor and it said I was GO to run Vista. Nonetheless when I put in disk for32 bit (I havve new (July purchase) Sony VGC-RA840G. The 32 bit disc makes me redownload advisor and run it. It says I casn run Vista with a few minor trade offs...mainly new drivers needed. When Vist starts to...
December 2nd 06 12:25 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 232
Vista Product Key by bs2009
Hey. Just downloaded the pre RC1, but I dont have my product key any more. Is there any way to get it back? Or does somebody have an extra one they wouldn't mind letting me use?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 2nd 06 12:27 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
10 635
Tricky Dual Boot by Jason
Hello, I have a laptop with three partitions on a single 100gb drive. Partition 1 is about 3gb and contains the OEM restore data and is in a format not viewable by either XP or Vista. Partition 2 is about 48gb and contains Windows XP Pro on NTFS, this was preinstalled with the laptop. Partition 3 fills the remainder of the drive (about 49gb) and contains Windows Vista Ultimate RTM on NTFS....
December 2nd 06 12:34 PM
by John Barnes Go to last post
7 449
i have a self build pc by chrdragon
when i tryed to install vista i came up to round 60-75% of it done to complet then it crash got blue screen error and rebooted then it removed it from the system if i run the upgrade advicsor it says it should work. i have a amd athalon xp 2000+ with 1 gb ddr ram a sapphire radeon 9600 pro atlantis creative soundblaster 4.1 digital and a promise Sata300 tx2plus with a sata 300 harddrive i...
December 2nd 06 12:42 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post

From The