Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Clean Windows Install on New HP Device by Joe[_2_]
I purchased on HP Slimline computer with Premium on it and all the bloatware. I want a clean install. This is my first experience not building one myself with an OEM copy of Windows. I called HP and they only offer recovery disks, no OEM DVD. And this web site does not like my product key since its OEM. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/1033/ordermedia/default.mspx Is there an easy way...
February 9th 09 12:23 PM
by Mark H[_2_] Go to last post
3 179
Clean x64 installation freezes at first reboot. by Kamo
I tried installing Vista x64 several times with 3 different imiges. The install dvd guides me through the installation process and completes the: Copying Files, Expanding Files, Updating, Completing Install. After the Completing Install finishes the restart prompt pops up and the rig reboots. At this point it begins to boot then hangs at black screen with flashing cursor (before windows load bar...
December 6th 07 05:47 PM
by brink[_2200_] Go to last post
2 181
Clean/Fresh install with Enterprise and/or Ultimate by thepezident01
I know this has been gone over but I haven't seen an Enterprise thread. So here at our school, we received a Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise Upgrade DVD as well as an Ultimate Upgrade DVD. We also received 4 CDs of Business Upgrade and 4 CDs that are Enterprise Upgrade. So...let's concentrate on Enterprise and Ultimate. 1. Do I need to have XP installed on a drive before I can install...
March 14th 07 05:54 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 92
Cleaning Bloatware from new laptop by ggull
I'm going to be helping (read 'doing for') a friend getting a new laptop going. I seem to recall that for Win XP there were utilities that simplified removing the bloatware (free trials, browser toolbars, stuff like that) that comes with the typical commercial install. Is there anything like that for Vista? I haven't had any luck googling obvious terms. The computer is an Acer...
September 12th 08 01:49 PM
by ggull Go to last post
5 316
Cleaning up after Norton by civ2ru
Hello, I've removed Norton Internet Security from my Vista-running computer (by using Norton Removal Tool), deleted all Symantec/Norton folders from Program files and Program data, and manually removed all Symantec/Norton keys from the registry(through RegEdit). However, I was unable to delete the following keys (error message "Unable to delete all specified values"): - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE...
September 4th 07 03:16 PM
by civ2ru Go to last post
4 131
cleanupmgr.exe by peter c.a.hawkins
My system is reporting a start up issue concerning the above. This is obviously the disk clean up facility in vista but how does one stop it from starting automatically at start up,i can`t find it in services or msconfig. Any suggestions as to changing the behaviour of this.?
December 17th 07 08:44 AM
by peter c.a.hawkins Go to last post
0 128
Clevo D900 Laptop won't shut down with Vista RTM by Bagpuss
Hi all I have an Evesham Quest A620 Laptop (based on a clevo D900 box) with an AMD FX-60 CPU and 2Gb RAM. Vista Ultimate installed fine and runs like a dream, but when it tries to restart or shut down, Vista shutsdown but the PC stays on and it can't restart. Turning it off and on again brings Vista back with no errors but it is a bit frustrating. Any ideas?
January 1st 07 12:23 AM
by dr.grunt Go to last post
2 156
Client Returns 0xC004F38 "Count is insufficient" by SC
Hello, i am getting the following error on my Vista VM "The software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. The count reported by your Key Management Service (KMS) is insufficient. Please contact your system administrator." I have checked my KMS server and it says the count is 37 which is well over the 25 min count. Any ideas what's going wrong here?
June 6th 07 04:10 PM
by SC Go to last post
0 621
Client Service for Netware by Badger
I'm trying to find Microsoft's Windows Client Service for Netware. Did this service come with the Vista RC1 5600 build?
September 14th 06 06:33 PM
by Badger Go to last post
0 113
Clock Interrupt BSOD - Vista install by wolfgrrl
Well, I'm at a loss. I've been trying to install Vista for the last two days on a computer that was previous running XP. Vista keeps giving me the bsod "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval". Now this system is not overclocked whatsoever (to my knowledge). It was installed as is straight out of the box and has not been tweaked in any...
April 1st 07 01:19 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 167
closing program files by April
I need help closing out my document file without it going to a blank page afterwards. Can someone help me? -- April
May 3rd 08 03:26 AM
by Gary Mount Go to last post
1 319
Closing programs by Tyrone
With windows xp you only needed to ctrl-alt-del to view running programs and close them, before installing new software. How do you close programs for xp? -- Tyrone
May 14th 08 05:16 PM
by Brink Go to last post
5 282
Cluster size question by Andy Dean
Does anyone know if Vista will clean install onto a volume that has a 16k cluster size?
December 5th 06 04:26 PM
by Theo Go to last post
3 160
Cmd.Exe not working by bcwinch
i 1. I am on Windows Vista Business with SP1 installed 2. Until recently I used the Command Prompt for some things and it worked fine. 3. I usually run it at administrator level clicking on context menu SHIFT /"Open Command Window Here" and then opening at administrator level. But it then stopped working. 4. Very recently Keying in Cmd.exe either in Start Search or Run brings up the Command...
January 11th 10 08:30 PM
by SIW2 Go to last post
4 373
cmos checksum error by IANV
Hi, I was advised to reinstall my Vista Home Premium from an OEM disc after various startup problems. (Unfortunately the 2007 PC's OEM is Evesham UK, who since going bust and changing ownership no longer seem to offer proper support on pre-takeover models...) On about the third try the disc seemed to reformat my hard drive, install OK, and download/install numerous updates with few hitches. I...
July 15th 08 03:17 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 182
COA Label on Vista Upgrade Packaging by Rizriz
I have installed my Windows Vista Upgrade and when looking through everything that was sent to me to upgrade to Vista I noticed a bright red sticker on the packaging that reads: "Attention! The Certification of Authenticity (COA) label is attached to this packaging. You will be prompted to enter the product key from the COA label when installing this product. To validate your product,...
August 6th 07 01:55 PM
by John Hanley Go to last post
4 140
COA Missing by Microsoft Communities[_5_]
In 2006 I purchased a computer from DELL that came with a free upgrade to Vista. Now I just purchased a larger drive and am trying to do a restore. I need to restore the system with XP Pro. first and when I try to put the Vista upgrade on it asks for the COA which I cannot find. I still have the old drive and it works fine. There must be a way to get the COA from the Vista operating system from...
July 28th 09 11:49 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
8 224
code 800736cc by jvm
Can any one pls tell me how to resolve this cabinet file issue since the KB file does not exist in the windows software distribtuion folder? Thx. -- jvm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jvm's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50984 View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=980859
June 4th 08 03:32 PM
by jvm Go to last post
0 181
Code 800B0100 by Aileron
Problems updating Windows Vista 64 It didn't like my graphics card (MSI-NX8400GS) but I found the correct driver on the MSI web site. I installed it and the monitor doesn't go blank on me any more. :-) It has ten updates that it won't install. It tries but fails, leaving a message that I need to run a special file. I downloaded and installed the suggested file (twice) and it still will...
February 1st 10 12:55 PM
by Curious[_6_] Go to last post
2 536
Code 800B0100 by Aileron
Problems updating Windows Vista 64 It didn't like my graphics card (MSI-NX8400GS) but I found the correct driver on the MSI web site. I installed it and the monitor doesn't go blank on me any more. :-) It has ten updates that it won't install. It tries but fails, leaving a message that I need to run a special file. I downloaded and installed the suggested file (twice) and it still will...
February 1st 10 02:31 AM
by Aileron Go to last post

From The