Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista Basic (OEM Dell) to Retail Vista Ultimate upgrade by Willy
the Vista advisor says its doable, but i certainly don't want to do a fresh install. But the upgrade is grayed out when i run setup. I can certainly see why a novice user would just get disgusted and return the 200 + dollar software package to the store. And no i don't have a FAT C: disk, not booting off the vista DVD, got 360 gig free, blah blah. and the rest of the list of possible...
October 18th 08 12:51 PM
by DDW[_3_] Go to last post
4 297
Window Explorer has stopped working by Chip Shapiro[_2_]
This is a new install of Vista Ultimate w/SP1. Intel DX48BT2 motherboard with a Q9450 processor, 4 gig DDR3 1066 Kingston RAM, 2 SATA II hard drives. This memory is on the QVL for Intel. Twice I have installed Vista Ultimate w/SP1 and each time when I try to open almost anything in the Control Panel, I get the message "Windows Explorer has stopped working", the desktop crashes and comes...
October 18th 08 11:58 AM
by Chip Shapiro[_2_] Go to last post
2 307
OEM Vista Business - Bitlocker by GordonK
I know Bitlocker isn't available with Business (bizarre as anything tbh however). I have a Vista Ultimate Upgrade DVD and Product key but tbh I really do not want to Upgrade my perfectly working Business OEM edition with something when all I want is one , yes one , of the Ultimate extras..Bitlocker. Is there any way to get this on the Business edition without going through an upgrade. I...
October 18th 08 10:55 AM
by GordonK Go to last post
2 308
Interesting Problem......... by Roger Morrison
Hi All, First time poster here. I have just backed up my system drive by creating an ISO image. I have then restored the Image onto a WD Raptor Hard Drive (runs at 10000rpm I'll have you know!). Now, the first startup worked fine, no problems. Loaded into the Vista desktop and was able to do what I wanted. However, subsequent startups have allowed me to log in, but have then
October 17th 08 08:16 PM
by PaulB Go to last post
3 284
ATTN: Paul Montgomery, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, OLD MAN! I got you by Leonard Grey[_4_]
Both Montgomery(aka Mr. Arnold) posts are from the one poster, the FAKE Montgomery OP. He is a real loser when he has to post to himself! But how could a low-life like it have any friends. -- --- Leonard Grey Errare Humanum Est
October 17th 08 01:08 PM
by Paul Montgomery[_4_] Go to last post
6 256
Pirated DVD by Mr. Arnold[_4_]
Stupid Usenet users: I have been away for a while; involuntary confinement in a Lunatic Asylum. Stupid Vista, the stupid OPs, their stupid questions, and your even more stupid answers caused this. Also, everything got on top of me; aunts, uncles, even the family dog. Gosh, I am sore. But, I can see light at the end of the tunnel (I think it is a train!) I try to take my Zoloft hourly (doctor's...
October 17th 08 12:46 PM
by Leonard Grey[_4_] Go to last post
2 294
October 17th 08 12:46 PM
by Leonard Grey[_4_] Go to last post
1 257
ATTN: Paul Montgomery, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, OLD MAN! I got you by Leonard Grey[_4_]
I am going to drive you insane. I am moving this to your other haunts online. I am going to have FUN. You'll NEVER know where it will pop up! Chase your tail, doggie! See you around, clown! -- --- Leonard Grey
October 17th 08 12:45 PM
by Leonard Grey[_4_] Go to last post
0 321
ATTN: ONE HAS SEEN THE ATTACK BEFORE. IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING.IT'S JUST AN OLD WORN-OUT TACTIC, FROM THE HAND BOOK! by Paul Montgomery[_4_]
Paul Montgomery wrote: http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/anti_troll_faq.htm Subject: 4.5 Personal attacks on individuals and groups. Selected individuals are subjected to quite vicious personal attacks throughout usenet. Examples a "X#$ X#$!" "is a X$#" "is a X$#!" "is a X$x" "in X$#" "is a X$X" "is a X#$" "is a V$X just
October 17th 08 11:30 AM
by Paul Montgomery[_4_] Go to last post
1 241
You should be aware of the threat. by Paul Montgomery[_4_]
Mr. Arnold wrote: "Mr. Arnold" wrote: http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp And I have spoofed, and abused here for a long, long time. But, I have been out-spoofed, and out-abused! Congratulations to the Ultimate Spoofer / Abuser! I hand over the Crown.
October 17th 08 09:58 AM
by Paul Montgomery[_4_] Go to last post
1 268
Need fix for black screen after resume by PeterS
Hi! I'm suffering from the problem described in the article 954434, i.e. resuming from hibernate causes a black screen. It says I should contact MS for this fix but was hoping someone has this fix and can share it, rather than having to pay the support fee to get it... /Peter
October 16th 08 11:41 PM
by Ramesh Kumar MVP[_54_] Go to last post
2 283
C:\Config.msi various errors from many installers. by David S
So I have seen many people post on this topic. Lots of people claiming they have never had the problem but many more frustrated with the issue and lack of meaningful information. I have tested this and confirmed it on no less than 10 Vista x64 machines. All installations were initiated with the 'Run as Administrator' option. I have seen the error with Visual Studio 2005, Acrobat Reader,...
October 16th 08 09:45 PM
by Sherlock Go to last post
2 406
Making Vista machines part of a domain by Mike
Hi folks, We have a few remote users who have Dell laptops with Vista Business. Originally they were set up as stand alone machine, no domain authentication. I recently set up a VPN between our main office and the branch office, and I now want to make these machines part of my domain. Anyone want to share any of the steps they have used to accomplish this? I assume like with XP, that once...
October 16th 08 10:39 AM
by Mike Go to last post
0 253
Home Network - New to Vista by Dragonman
Can anyone out there help please? I've had my PC for about 4 years now. It does not have a wireless card. It is connected to broadband via an ethernet cable into a new router (BT Home Hub). The router is wireless enabled. I've just bought a new laptop and want to set up a home network including my PC and the laptop. The laptop connects wirelessly to the internet via the BT Home Hub. BT...
October 16th 08 07:17 AM
by Allan Chou Go to last post
4 349
KMS Activation by KMS Activation
I would like to set up a kms server but have questions. I would like to activate both Server 2008 and Server 2003 both enterprise and std edition, and vista and xpsp2 pro. How do i add multiple license key into the KMS server to activate these os's and if i'm not able to what are my options? Thanks.
October 16th 08 06:45 AM
by Mike Go to last post
8 370
dual boot vista and xp problem by mdk
Hi All, My XP is installed on F: drive, after installing vista on G: drive the xp can't boot and the error message is "ntldr missing". I have changed the boot drive of XP to F: in boot manager using EasyBCD but still getting the error. Although uninstalling boot manager will recover XP boot menu. TIA
October 15th 08 09:13 PM
by JCO Go to last post
7 364
Vista Business Volume License by othmanh
I have a dual boot w/XP and Vista Business and it was working, but I could not activate it because DNS problems, was able to fix that, but did not go back right away and activate my Vista copy. 30 day went by and now it won't activate. But hey I am on the internet with my network id?!?!! Why won't it go into windows so I can activate it? I keep getting the code 0x8004FE33 (no internet...
October 15th 08 06:46 PM
by AJR Go to last post
5 376
Lost recycle bin (trash can) desktop ICON by Ed Stoddard
Okay, I know this is not very important, but after I installed Win Vista Ultimate and moved my desktop recycle bin (trash can) to the lower left of my screen, I noticed some time later it was GONE! Now the only way I can empty the trash is to go through Windows Explorer or click on My Computer and find the recycle bin to empty it. This is a small problem, I know. I'm very happy just to have...
October 15th 08 06:21 PM
by Chris Parker Go to last post
9 270
Windows Update bug: empty screen, button with no text by Dennisc1011
My vista Business's Windows Update has a bug, the screen always displays an empty screen with a button with no text. After click on the button, nothing happens. I simply cannot use Windows Update at all. Anyone know how to fix this?? Thanks!
October 15th 08 05:52 PM
by JerryM Go to last post
1 290
Restart problem when installing vista ultimate by m1ke905
I am having a problem installing windows vista ultimate 64 bit, these are my system specs: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Quad-Core 2.83GHz Fan Cooler Master Hyper TX X2 Motherboard ASUS P5N-T Deluxe NVIDIA 780i Memory Corsair XMS2 Dominator 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 1066MHz Storage Seagate 1TB (2x500GB) SATA 32MB cache ...
October 15th 08 01:14 PM
by SIW2 Go to last post

From The