Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Wireless card connects locally, but not to net by bunnerl
Just installed a Dynex wireless G card on brand new gateway with vista home premium x64. I can connect to the local network, but I cannot connect to the internet. Other computer (running vista 32bit) can connect to both the network and internet fine. I am really stumped on this one, any help would be VERY appreciated -- bunnerl
October 4th 08 03:13 PM
by bunnerl Go to last post
4 309
Can i use one of my hard drives as my backup? by hypnoticstate
I need to re-install Vista but i also need to back up about 200-250GB before i do that. Rather than transfer all of that over my home network to another computer, it would be easier to copy over the things i want from my D drive to my E drive (those are the only 2 drives with things on that i want to backup) Windows (Vista home premium 32-bit) is currently installed on C drive.
October 4th 08 11:51 AM
by barman58 Go to last post
3 291
Problems with activation by jimsaf
*Problems with activation* I recently tried to upgrade to* Service Pack 3* on *Windows XP* - however on doing this, it corrupted something and when trying to boot, the 'computer' (http://www.vistax64.com/#) would constantly become stuck on the -'windows is starting'- screen (as if just prior to your username being visble with its password box beneath it) I tried on multiple attempts in vain...
October 4th 08 03:34 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 268
Installing Vista on HP with Recovery Disk by AceX
Hi I'm not sure if my last msg posted, but I'm trying to use a purchased and legitimate HP recovery disc of Vista Ultimate x64 to reinstall the OS on a formatted HD that originally had the OS on it. I could really use some help. I've been told by multiple people working for HP (not just customer service, but tech's as well) that this is possible. When I use the recovery DVD it opens some...
October 4th 08 02:21 AM
by SIW2 Go to last post
1 291
Modifying OEM properties listed in system properties by fireman604
I have chased Vista through the xp 64 and the Vista Betas I have it where I need to be, 5.8 on the experience level. I have modified the information shown on those pages. My question is under admin tools system information there are several lines that I would like to modify. System Manufacturer to be filled by OEM, and system model to be filled by OEM are there any ideas Thanks -- fireman604
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 4th 08 12:04 AM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
45 1,205
vista ultimate 32bit or 64bit ? by bluedog_76550[_2_]
Hello, Is there a difference between windows vista 32bit and 64bit ? Do anyone having information on this , is one better than the other ? I have the 32bit and I was thinking of upgrading to the 64bit . But if there is not a difference I would just keep the 32bit . Thanks in advance
October 3rd 08 05:14 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
1 333
In Place Upgrade on non SP1 machine using SP1 DVD? by mikej
I have a Dell laptop running Vista Home Premium. Vista SP1 will not install either through WU or manually. I've tried several possible solutions, but it appears it is due to a corrupt manifest file (0 length file). Microsoft wants me to do an in place upgrade. I requested the DVD required from Dell but the DVD they sent has SP1 included. My question is, can I do an in place upgrade on a...
October 3rd 08 05:14 PM
by Darrell Gorter[MSFT] Go to last post
6 369
Will Vista 64 work with my system? by stylz67
I have run the upgrade advisor and it says everything on my computer checks perfect to go from my XP Pro to Vista. The catch is, I found in reading material, it requires a min. of 800Mhz. My system is 533Mhz. Did Microsofts test program screw up? Here's the thing. I've been trying to get more speed out of my Flight SimX. Sadly, on the default settings, it will only operate at around 4 to 6...
October 3rd 08 07:51 AM
by philo Go to last post
3 297
Vista Start Button stopped working by jetbaby_2000
A couple of days ago I left clicked my Start Button and nothing happened. I can right click the button and explore all users to get to the programs, but when I click on it nothing happens. I have run virus and spyware scans (nothing), windows updates are all up to date, and rebooting has had no effect. Help please!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 3rd 08 04:40 AM
by ChrisSutton Go to last post
10 533
New Vista 64 Install - Services to Turn Off? by mistafadedglory
New Vista 64 install here. Any recommended services that most people turn off that would get me even better performance? thanks -- mistafadedglory
October 3rd 08 04:13 AM
by Bimmer Go to last post
2 301
Vista offers me the choice of French(Canada) or French(France) by Sandy
I cannot get my spell check to work in english, why? How do I fix it?
October 2nd 08 10:26 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 261
XP & Vista dual boot by Chickahing
I use my PC to dual boot between XP and Vista, with XP being on a separate hard disk to Vista. XP is on drive c:, I have a d: data hard disk and Vista is on e:. Up until Sunday morning my XP installation was running fine, when suddenly I received an error while running a program, and found I couldn't restart it. However, during a restart, I was abruptly informed the...
October 2nd 08 09:03 PM
by mansrm81 Go to last post
4 297
Windows installation and DNS zones by Kumar[_2_]
If this post is not relavant to this group please forward it to the appropriate group as I couldn't get through the appropriate group. I have got the windows 2008 DNS installed on the server. I have even added the forward and the reverse zones. I have to reinstall a fresh copy of the windows 2008 server and now I do not want redo creating the forward and reverse zones. How do I have these...
October 2nd 08 08:35 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 260
add link to vista sendto by charles cashion
I previously used windows xp. Under windows xp, there was a pointer under sendto that pointed to my favorite editor. Now I am running Vista HP. I would like to keep that pointer. QUESTION: Is it possible to add a link to my editor under sendto? c:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\
October 2nd 08 05:24 PM
by charles cashion Go to last post
2 312
Unattend installation - configuring 2nd network adapter by Kumar[_2_]
I was able to get one network adapter to be configured in the windows 2008 unattend xml file. However the server has dual NIC one for private and other for public. I am not sure how I configure the two NIC interfaces. Questions: How do I add the second Network adapter IP address? see the blank space below in the unattend file where this configuration has to go. How to Disable Autologon?
October 2nd 08 05:16 PM
by Kumar[_2_] Go to last post
0 362
crcdsk.sys failure to boot and blue screen when loading windows for first time by azenus
Hello Everybody, I have the famous crcdsk.sys issue. I recently departitioned my Hard Drive and then repartitioned it and formatted. I reinstalled windows VISA Home Premium and it will not finish the installation process. When it's suppose to be starting for the first time it all of a sudden blue screens and restarts. The blue screen and restart happens so fast so I can't see what error...
October 2nd 08 01:31 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
5 380
OEM Premium upgrade to Ultimate by Lippe
I want to upgrade the pre installed Home Premium to Ultimate, with the help from a Anytime upgrade DVD. I have run Windows Update, installed updates. Premium is running fine and no problems listed in the device manager. I have downloaded the Upgrade Advisor from the Microsoft website and run it on the vista premium. It checks for updates, and then continue allowing me to initiate the system...
October 2nd 08 09:47 AM
by Lippe Go to last post
1 268
Windows Search 4.0 by Kristen[_3_]
Whenever I install this it kills my indexing ability. Is there some special trick to get it to upgrade my machine and work too?
October 1st 08 12:55 PM
by Kristen[_3_] Go to last post
0 240
New Home Built PC unexpected shut downs by Ron O'Brien
I have just completed building a super powerful PC comprising of: Intel QX9770 quad core Processor 3.2ghz Intel DX48BT2 Motherboard 8gb RAM (4x 2gb DDR3) Sapphire Radeon HD3870 graphics card 2x WD 300gb SATA HDD's as RAID0 LG Blu-ray/HD/DVD/CD drive Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit
October 1st 08 05:29 AM
by Will D Go to last post
8 311
File association, Application used to perform action by angbob
Windows Vista Home Premium In XP, the Control Panel/Folder Options dialog window has a tab labeled "File Types". This allows setting the command that runs the program the user associates with a file type for opening or printing. Where is the equivalent in Vista?
October 1st 08 05:18 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post

From The