Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Ms wondows update............ It wont update!!! by donskoops
rite ive been trying for weeks to update to windows sp2 and the dam thing wont work its keeps saying i have 21 important updates which includes SP2 at the end of the update its always say the same thing "windows updates enountered an unknown error" the 2 error codes aCode 490 and code 80070490 both mean nothing too me, if someone out there could help with this as its driving me a little...
February 4th 10 02:57 PM
by donskoops Go to last post
0 185
Vist activation key by Jonathan Crawford
Hi I have a Vista machine I bought from Evesham a couple ago years ago. They have since gone bust. My Jack Russell, when he was a puppy used to sit on the top of the pc and one day chewed off the activation code. I had to reinstall vista from the disk supplied by evesham last month and it is now asking for the activation code. I was wondering if there is anyway i can get hold of this.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 4th 10 10:16 AM
by Jonathan Crawford Go to last post
20 612
Vist activation key by Jonathan Crawford
Hi I have a Vista machine I bought from Evesham a couple ago years ago. They have since gone bust. My Jack Russell, when he was a puppy used to sit on the top of the pc and one day chewed off the activation code. I had to reinstall vista from the disk supplied by evesham last month and it is now asking for the activation code. I was wondering if there is anyway i can get hold of this.
February 2nd 10 09:51 AM
by Jonathan Crawford Go to last post
0 178
Code 800B0100 by Aileron
Problems updating Windows Vista 64 It didn't like my graphics card (MSI-NX8400GS) but I found the correct driver on the MSI web site. I installed it and the monitor doesn't go blank on me any more. :-) It has ten updates that it won't install. It tries but fails, leaving a message that I need to run a special file. I downloaded and installed the suggested file (twice) and it still will...
February 1st 10 01:55 PM
by Curious[_6_] Go to last post
2 293
Code 800B0100 by Aileron
Problems updating Windows Vista 64 It didn't like my graphics card (MSI-NX8400GS) but I found the correct driver on the MSI web site. I installed it and the monitor doesn't go blank on me any more. :-) It has ten updates that it won't install. It tries but fails, leaving a message that I need to run a special file. I downloaded and installed the suggested file (twice) and it still will...
February 1st 10 03:31 AM
by Aileron Go to last post
0 163
uninstalling common files message by mynameismark
I am trying to uninstall a program called PictureProject which came with a Nikon camera. This should not be a problem but i am getting a message asking whether to delete/keep shared files. The message reads: InstallShield is about to remove a file that was previously shared between programs. You should only keep if you know another program needs it. It then lists the shared file and...
January 31st 10 07:32 PM
by ddd vgfldldl fllldldl vc[_2_] Go to last post
6 345
Reinstalled Windows on Disk1 need help in Refomatting Disk0 by Boblink
Hi, I have a Lenovo IdeaCentre K210 Desktop Vista HP system that came with a 500G HD that I Partitioned to “C” (Windows), “D” (Data files) and “E” (Photos) drive. I recently purchased another 500G HD which was designated as Disk1 (the original HD was Disk0) and installed Vista HP on Disk1 and Partitioned the 2nd HD (Disk1) to “F” (Vista HP), “G” (data files) and “H”...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 30th 10 06:48 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
15 447
Vista Ultimate Messing with BIOS? by thereverend
:mad: About 6 months ago I got a windows update labeled "Microsoft .NET frameworkd 1.1 Service pack 1 Security Update for windows" every time i apply this update it changes my boot order in BIOS to REMOVEABLE DEVICE and then when i fix this and get back into Vista it shows the update as ava. again for download. I was wondering if anyone has had this very same problem and how you get rid of this...
January 26th 10 07:21 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
4 283
WindowsUpdate_80070652 , Update won't install by Nehmo
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, 32-Bit Edition An "important update" fails to install. It's Update for Microsoft Office 2010 File Validation - Beta (KB976133), Download size: 2.5 MB Update type: Important This is the latest security update for Microsoft Office 2010 File Validation. More information:
January 26th 10 06:27 PM
by Nehmo Go to last post
6 403
can i update vista sp1 to windows 7 ultimate by charles kuchar
both are 64bit. I got this new laptop and I want to run windows 7 ultimate on it. charlie
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 26th 10 04:40 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
10 397
Windows 7 info by J
Sorry I know this is Vista install but I didn't know where to post a Win 7 question. Is it possible to make the quick launch buttons act like they did in Vista? I want the icon to stay next to the start button and each window to open beside the last quick launch icon.
January 26th 10 12:52 PM
by richc46 Go to last post
4 383
Update Vista (SP2) to Windowns 7 Ultimate by Kjell R. Christensen
Hi, My upgrade is passing through all four phases quite nice but failes in the in the last one. I'm trying to figgure out what exactly is goes wrong, but can't track it in the Event Viewer? After the rollback is done I don't see any trace of the a "log file" either? I know that I might have an issue on SQL Server 2008 - Was stated in the upgrade advisor, but I'm running this quite nicely on...
January 26th 10 11:40 AM
by Kjell R. Christensen Go to last post
0 237
Update Vista (SP2) to Windowns 7 Ultimate by Kjell R. Christensen
Hi, My upgrade is passing through all four phases quite nice but failes in the in the last one. I'm trying to figgure out what exactly is goes wrong, but can't track it in the Event Viewer? After the rollback is done I don't see any trace of the a "log file" either? I know that I might have an issue on SQL Server 2008 - Was stated in the upgrade advisor, but I'm running this quite nicely on...
January 26th 10 11:40 AM
by Kjell R. Christensen Go to last post
0 147
Windows 7 info by J
Sorry I know this is Vista install but I didn't know where to post a Win 7 question. Is it possible to make the quick launch buttons act like they did in Vista? I want the icon to stay next to the start button and each window to open beside the last quick launch icon.
January 26th 10 02:17 AM
by J Go to last post
0 146
can i update vista sp1 to windows 7 ultimate by charles kuchar
both are 64bit. I got this new laptop and I want to run windows 7 ultimate on it. charlie
January 25th 10 03:22 PM
by charles kuchar Go to last post
0 127
Vista Ultimate Messing with BIOS? by thereverend
:mad: About 6 months ago I got a windows update labeled "Microsoft .NET frameworkd 1.1 Service pack 1 Security Update for windows" every time i apply this update it changes my boot order in BIOS to REMOVEABLE DEVICE and then when i fix this and get back into Vista it shows the update as ava. again for download. I was wondering if anyone has had this very same problem and how you get rid of this...
January 25th 10 11:54 AM
by thereverend Go to last post
0 144
Welcome to Microsoft Answers! by Leroy[_5_]
Microsoft Answers, the community-based forums where you can search, browse, and post questions and answers. Thousands of community membersincluding Microsoft folksare here to help. Get started by searching, or selecting a product on this page! http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
January 24th 10 05:29 PM
by Leroy[_5_] Go to last post
0 186
dual boot dual drives by J
I currently have Vista Ultimate and am looking to install Windows 7 on a 2nd hard drive to create a dual boot PC. Is this evn possible and can someone tell me how to do it? Thanks
January 23rd 10 12:31 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 260
dual boot dual drives by J
I currently have Vista Ultimate and am looking to install Windows 7 on a 2nd hard drive to create a dual boot PC. Is this evn possible and can someone tell me how to do it? Thanks
January 23rd 10 05:05 AM
by J Go to last post
0 176
WindowsUpdate_80070652 , Update won't install by Nehmo
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, 32-Bit Edition An "important update" fails to install. It's Update for Microsoft Office 2010 File Validation - Beta (KB976133), Download size: 2.5 MB Update type: Important This is the latest security update for Microsoft Office 2010 File Validation. More information:
January 21st 10 05:10 AM
by Nehmo Go to last post

From The