Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Error while installing by DarsVaeda
hi, try to install rc1 64bit (german) on a Targa Visionary 811A. At the point "Updating..." i get the following error (german): "Die Offline-Gebietsschemainformationen konnten nicht festgelegt werden. Fehlercode: 0x80FE0000" which i translate as "the offline-region scheme information could not be set. errorcode: 0x80FE0000"
September 8th 06 01:47 PM
by DarsVaeda Go to last post
1 459
RC1 Cd Key Question by Eddie
Hi, I was part of the Beta 2 and received the key etc, according to the preview page I should have received an email from MS in early September but as yet have not. My question is simple, do I need a new Key or can I use the existing key i used for Beta 2 ? TIA
September 8th 06 03:07 PM
by Eddie Go to last post
1 367
Need Key by John
I got the email with the link for downloading but I never got the email with the key anybody know who to contact because the Customer service was not able to help.
September 8th 06 03:27 PM
by Consultant Go to last post
2 626
installation freezes at green-blue backroung by eNtoS
Ive burnt the x64 version of the 5600 beta, but i cant install it :/ Everything works fine until the nice background comes... at which point i can see the windows hourglass briefly and after that nothing except for the background image. I have no clue as to what may be causing the problem... Here are my pc specifications: athlon 64 3500+ venice
September 8th 06 03:39 PM
by eNtoS Go to last post
0 403
installation freezes at green-blue backroung by eNtoS
Ive burnt the x64 version of the 5600 beta, but i cant install it :/ Everything works fine until the nice background comes... at which point i can see the windows hourglass briefly and after that nothing except for the background image. I have no clue as to what may be causing the problem... Here are my pc specifications: athlon 64 3500+ venice
September 8th 06 03:40 PM
by eNtoS Go to last post
0 277
installation freezes at green-blue backroung by eNtoS
Ive burnt the x64 version of the 5600 beta, but i cant install it :/ Everything works fine until the nice background comes... at which point i can see the windows hourglass briefly and after that nothing except for the background image. I have no clue as to what may be causing the problem... Here are my pc specifications: athlon 64 3500+ venice
September 8th 06 03:41 PM
by eNtoS Go to last post
0 174
Video displays "Out of Range" at bootup by GutBoyz
Mine was doing the exact same thing. Reboot your system and hit the F8 key durring boot, you will get an options screen that allows you to select "Low Resolution" boot mode. Select that one and Vista will boot normally at 640 x 680 resolution, once you get booted up you can run windows update and it will grab the video driver you need to get your system running with your LCD at normal...
September 8th 06 03:53 PM
by GutBoyz Go to last post
0 169
Video displays "Out of Range" at bootup by GutBoyz
Mine was doing the exact same thing. Reboot your system and hit the F8 key durring boot, you will get an options screen that allows you to select "Low Resolution" boot mode. Select that one and Vista will boot normally at 640 x 680 resolution, once you get booted up you can run windows update and it will grab the video driver you need to get your system running with your LCD at normal...
September 8th 06 03:54 PM
by GutBoyz Go to last post
0 168
Adobe Creative Suite by benjistik
Iam working on a Pentium M (1,73Ghz) with 1Gb og memory, graphic card=ATI MOBILITI RADEON X300, WINDOWS VERSION= WINDOWS BETA 2 Build 5384. I've try to install A demo of Adobe Creative Suite 2. I Can't open Photoshop CS2 afer install:"not responding". I have the same problem with Indesign CS2. It seems Illustrator CS2 works correctly. I'ven't try Golive CS2. I've also a problem with Adobe...
September 8th 06 05:08 PM
by benjistik Go to last post
0 183
MSFT Connect Officially Rejects Public Access to Bugs by Chad Harris
"CLOSED WON'T FIX" 9/16/06 All of these cheerleaders for MSFT who say they care what the public files as to bugs should know they totally reject the idea of giving you any meaningful access to the bugs filed on Connect. On 6/5/06, I used Connect's feedback program (which I suppose is available to anyone) to suggest that they open bugs to the public as well as their Beta Chats and their Live...
September 8th 06 05:36 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
0 231
Vista Key by Consultant
The key supplied did not work and no one at customer support can help. Any suggestions? -- IT Manager
September 8th 06 05:59 PM
by Key-Idiocy Go to last post
1 482
Retrieving Vista licence key by JPMorant
I participate in the Vista B2 testing, now I have download the RC1 but I don't retrieve the installation key used for B2. How or where could I request a copy of this key ?
September 8th 06 06:00 PM
by Key-Idiocy Go to last post
3 249
RC1 - A patch or an new os? by The Asker
Hello, i am using windows vista beta2 and wonder if RC1 is a patch or if i need to re-install all programs after installing RC1?
September 8th 06 06:15 PM
by markus Go to last post
6 427
Upgrade fails due to incorrect assessment of McAfee sw during advi by Jeff K
On build 5384 upgrading to RC1, the upgrade compatibility check incorrectly reports that McAfee Internet Security and McAfee firewall are installed and are not compatible. It requires me to remove them so it only exits the upgrade when I okay the message. McAfee is not installed (nor is any other antivirus software) and it hasn't ever been installed. I search the machine for mcafee as well...
September 8th 06 07:01 PM
by Dan Mihai [MSFT] Go to last post
9 440
rc1.. good but some issues by Tony Hoyle
Just tried RC1.. an improvement on beta 2 I think although quite a bit slower - seems to wait for 3/4 seconds before doing anything. no HD activity so it's not hitting swap.. it's just pausing for no apparent reason. Good point: After I installed the network driver (still not supported officially by vista.. sigh..) it went off and found the sound driver automatically, which was a bit of a...
September 8th 06 07:38 PM
by LaRoux Go to last post
1 265
What is the difference between Pre-RC1 and RC1? by imadreamer2
When I began public beta testing I d/l and install Beta 2 and I don't remember the build number now. But when I recieved the email to d/l Pre-RC1 it is Pre-RC1 build 5536. I see people refereing to Pre-RC1 and RC1. Are they different? In reading I have also seen different build numbers referred to. So in one build eTrust EZ antivirus works and in another build it doesn't. Do we all have...
September 8th 06 07:42 PM
by LaRoux Go to last post
4 502
rc1 upgrade over pre-rc1 fails by Peter M
Here's a weird one, I'm totally baffled. I originally had pre-rc1 installed on a nforce2 board. In prep for rc1 I upgraded to a nforce4 w/a64 3500 (I want to test both x86 and x64 versions). vista had no problems detecting the new board and seemed to work the same as ever. However, on dl'ing rc1 and trying to upgrade it fails saying I need 600meg free. Ram usage is at 26%. Now the odd part,...
September 8th 06 07:51 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
0 216
September 8th 06 08:44 PM
by mk Go to last post
0 175
September 8th 06 08:49 PM
by Dave B. Go to last post
1 241
Never got the email for the RC1 download link. by Janet Weber
I am a CPP member but I havbe yet to get the email about RC1. I don't know if this is an oversight on there part, but does anyone know if there is an email or phone contact to get this problem straighten out. Janet
September 8th 06 09:48 PM
by JohnV68 Go to last post

From The