Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
32-bit vs 64-bit by kjk
Hi Folks, I'm about to buy an OEM version of Vista Home Premium from the vendor that I just bought a new computer from two weeks ago. I have an Athlon 64 X2 3800+ processor, but I'm not sure whether to get the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version of Vista. I'd very much like to hear your comments regarding the advantages and disadvantages of each. Any advice would be much appreciated. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 5th 07 09:46 AM
by Michal Kawecki Go to last post
10 282
32-Bit vs. 64-bit by just bob
I've got a Dell D830 with Vista Ultimate 32-bit pre-installed. It's got the max 4GB of RAM installed. I do not yet own any software or hardware which claims it can benefit from 64-bit so what are the advantages? I will not be doing any gaming but I will be doing a lot of batch processing of camera RAW files with Photoshop CS3. The guys in the Photoshop forum said there is no benefit really...
February 8th 08 09:57 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
8 303
32-to-64 bit hardware change & Vista Upgrade by Corky1310
This is somewhat complicated, and I could use the advice of the community before I go through with this hardware swap an upgrade from 32-64 bit Vista. I was running XP Professional and upgraded Vista Home Premium (custom installation) on a system with a motherboard running a Athlon 3200 processor. I have the UPGRADE Version of Vista Home Premium. I have multiple hard drives and kept an...
October 21st 07 03:05 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
5 146
32bit AND 64bit Vista Ultimate? (Dual Boot Activation problems) by Dan Ulrich
Running XP Pro and bought Vista Ultimate. I have setup XP, 32bit & 64bit vista on 3 seperate partitions. I would like to see if I can get all my Hardware working in 64bit, and see what the benifets are vs 32bit version. (Intel 6600 w/4GB Ram) I installed and configured 64bit first and have activiated the product using the Key on the package. When I booted into 32bit and tried to activate...
July 22nd 07 04:58 AM
by Andrew McLaren Go to last post
1 176
32bit or 64bit? by fusion99
Hi I have 2 questions regarding an upgrade installation of vista Ultimate. 1) i have a amd 64-4200 cpu, with 1gig of ram and a 1gig usb pen drive for ready boost, woudl it be best for me to stick to 32-bit for the moment or urgarde to 64-bit, since ive had this cpu for over a year it would be nice to start using it at its full capability but is 64-bit worth it and are there any pros and cons...
November 22nd 08 09:07 PM
by coolnewyorker Go to last post
2 301
32bit or 64bit? by Gerry Hickman
Hi, Can anyone explain in simple terms how Vista works in the context of 32/64 bit computing? As I understand it, the older Pentiums and Athlons were 32bit and therefore you would run a 32bit o/s. When the AMD 64 came along you could either run a 64bit o/s (if you could get one that worked) or a 32bit o/s (but it would only work in 32bit mode?)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 20th 06 09:02 AM
by Gerry Hickman Go to last post
22 362
32bit SB - Produktkey can also be used for a 64bit installation by Thorsten
Hello, I have heard of somebody, who has bought 32bit SB-Version of Vista, that he is able to use the productkey also for a 64bit installation. Is this right ? Thanks Thorsten
January 22nd 07 10:53 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
7 246
32bit vista premium To anytime upgrade to ultimate. Changing to 64 by Ian P
Hi all. I purchased the 32 bit full version of Vista premium to go with my current hardware. Eventually i upgraded using the anytime upgrade to Vista Ultimate. OK, in the next month or so i will be upgarding my hardware to 64 Bit. I know i can get a 64 bit version of my premium software for £6 or so. Obviously once i install the 64bit version of vista, will i still be able to use the...
March 21st 07 11:39 PM
by Ian P Go to last post
0 206
32bit vs 64bit by Badger[_3_]
What's the advantage of using 64bit on my machine instead of 32bit? Curious
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 9th 09 11:05 PM
by Elladora Go to last post
15 495
32bit vs 64bit and activation key by Eric Eicke
I have the 64bit MSDN version of vista installed on my pc. If I wipe my drive and now install the 32bit version will it be considered another activation or reactivation? Both versions use the same key and all the hardware has remained the same. I'm just wiping the machine for the 32bit version. Thanks in advance, Eric Eicke
January 19th 07 09:02 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
1 196
3d studio max 3r by 3d studio max
Hi, Does anyone know if 3d studio max 3r will run on Windows Vista? Thanks, Wilma
March 6th 07 11:24 AM
by 3d studio max Go to last post
0 127
3G by reiko
how can i activate my 3G? my service provider is Smart
September 26th 07 12:12 AM
by peter Go to last post
1 406
4 Go RAM won't work with motherboard Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000 (GA075UA#ABC) by Luc Martinet[_2_]
Hi, I changed my 2 Go RAM for 4 Go RAM to boost Vista and to run Vista 64 bits. The OS woks well, but when I want to reinstall it by booting the system with the DVD, I get a blue screen with the 4 Go RAM, due to a lack of voltage. This is what Evrest gives me with the 2 Go Ram : Mother Board: Type de processeur Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 1600 MHz (8
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 4th 09 06:48 PM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
21 581
4 monitors,1 pci express and pci vga card - can it work? by jjkkll
Hi, I am wanting to set up my pc with 4 monitors that will display different things on each,that is if i open 4 different web sites,one of each monitor,each monitor will have something different displayed. The motherboard i have is the MSI P4M890M,a pci express vga card and 1 pci vga card that fits into the regular pci slot (slots for dialup modem etc). Will it work?
April 4th 07 11:42 AM
by jjkkll Go to last post
0 130
404 - File or directory not found by churin
I have set up WWW server using IIS. Right-clicking and Browse displays the web site page. But attempting to access the web page from a PC in a local network displays "404 - File or directory not found". Please help.
October 21st 06 09:41 PM
by churin Go to last post
0 170
44 R4i Dsi, Drivers Firmware, R4 Dsi nintendo Dsi 76998 by r4idsi r4i
Firmware - Driver para R4i Dsi, R4 Dsi. Nintendo Dsi. http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_firmware-drivers-nintendo-dsi-r4-i-upgrade_1214985 saludos ksoUJk&Cw#pc+jqqjml.u*t^
April 11th 09 07:43 PM
by r4idsi r4i Go to last post
0 200
4oD installation problem windows vista by JTLodge
I am trying to install 4oD on my vista home premium lap top but i keep getting: "Error 1904.module C:\windows\systems32\macromed\flash\flash9d.ocx failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473." Any ideas how i can solve this? If I open up 4oD I keep getting an internet explorer script error.
May 27th 08 09:11 PM
by stevend6515 Go to last post
4 481
503 Error Message by trailboss
I thought I had my authentication problems solved but yet another one came up with one account. The error message is: "503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server." What is the corrective action for this...
February 21st 08 01:40 AM
by ...winston Go to last post
3 179
5600 5728: $WINDOWS.~Q, $INPLACE.~TR by drahnier
Having done an upgrade install from build 5600 to build 5728, I ended up with two hidden folders of considerable size on my C: drive: $WINDOWS.~Q, $INPLACE.~TR. - I assume it is save to remove them?
September 25th 06 08:09 AM
by drahnier Go to last post
3 134
5600 won't show on screen black setup - ATIx850 and Dell 30" FP by boe
Hello, I'm having an issue with install - it could be my video card or my monitor or the combo of the two. I have an X850 connected via DVI to my 30" dell. I've installed Windows XP on it from scratch numerous times without incident but I had a similar issue when trying Media Center. During install - it will start with the install bar (black and white screen) at the very beginning but then...
September 12th 06 02:56 AM
by damian Go to last post

From The