Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
indows could not set the offline locale information. Error Code: 0x80FE0000 by jaw0426
Okay. First things first. I don't know what my friend did to her computer but by the time I got to it, it would boot to where you should login and then show nothing but a blue screen (not the blue screen of death, though). She said she had someone else look at it who said the hard drive needed to be replaced. I told her I'd try something first. I'm trying to wipe her hard drive clean and put...
January 7th 10 04:21 AM
by jaw0426 Go to last post
0 191
indows could not set the offline locale information. Error Code: 0x80FE0000 by jaw0426
Okay. First things first. I don't know what my friend did to her computer but by the time I got to it, it would boot to where you should login and then show nothing but a blue screen (not the blue screen of death, though). She said she had someone else look at it who said the hard drive needed to be replaced. I told her I'd try something first. I'm trying to wipe her hard drive clean and put...
January 7th 10 04:21 AM
by jaw0426 Go to last post
0 1,114
Error code 0x80070005 for upgrading Vista to 7 by Lockeyphage
I've been trying to upgrade my Vista to Windows 7 but I keep getting the error message mentions on the title. I tried to look online at what this means and it could be a number of things apparently, although I thought it was to do with security. I've tried turing all my security off (via the Control Panel) but that doesn't seem to have worked. Please could someone show me light of my wrong...
January 6th 10 10:25 PM
by Andrew Murray[_8_] Go to last post
2 326
Error code 0x80070005 for upgrading Vista to 7 by Lockeyphage
I've been trying to upgrade my Vista to Windows 7 but I keep getting the error message mentions on the title. I tried to look online at what this means and it could be a number of things apparently, although I thought it was to do with security. I've tried turing all my security off (via the Control Panel) but that doesn't seem to have worked. Please could someone show me light of my wrong...
January 6th 10 04:46 PM
by Lockeyphage Go to last post
0 182
Not recognising hard disk on Vista or 7 install by Wedged
Am reinstalling Windows Vista after a virus infected my PC. I am reinstalling vista but after booting from DVD Vista does not recognise my SATA hard disk on the "Where do you want to install Windows?" screen. There are no issues with the hard disk and this happened once before but I can't remember how I solved this.  My problem is the Vista installer not recognising my hard disk so I...
January 6th 10 12:04 AM
by Wedged Go to last post
0 195
Windows failed to start by Bill
My Windows Vista Business upgrade DVD won't boot. Is this normal? Are there certain "upgrade" DVDs that aren't supposed to boot? This is an genuine purchased Windows DVD, part number: 66J-04586. It will install Vista, as long as I boot the computer into XP first, then run the install program. I've installed Vista on a few computers (site license) in my small non-profit and it worked, but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 4th 10 12:36 AM
by Curious[_6_] Go to last post
12 427
Invalid Drive H: by SeanM
I am using Vista Business, as provided in TechNet Plus. Whenever I try to install or uninstall many software packages (include the monthly TechNet update!), I get an error that says "Invalid Drive H:" and the (un)install routine fails. We do use an H: drive at work, and I get this error even when connected to the network and have full access to the H: drive. Does anyone know what might be...
January 3rd 10 01:06 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
8 310
Error 0x8007045D by cdelaire
Hi, I am trying to install Vista Home Premium 32bit on my new computer at home. The specs are as follows: mobo: asus p5q pro cpu: Intel core2 duo e8500 RAM: 2x1GB Patriot 800MHz HDD: 80GB Western Digital SATA (partitioned half/half with Ubuntu) GFX: 7900GTX 512MB
January 2nd 10 11:08 AM
by babu.kaipa Go to last post
2 349
Lost Program by Gene L.[_2_]
While re-installing Vista Home Premium recently, I seem to have lost the C-Prompt which I always found on the start menu under "system tools". Can anyone tell me how to get it back? I never had this happen before but I cannot seem to locate it. Many thanks for the help. Gene L.
January 1st 10 09:03 PM
by Gene L.[_2_] Go to last post
0 179
System Update Readiness Tool - How to run after install by Charles W Davis[_2_]
Windows Vista Home Premium, 32bit Havn't been able to install Service Pack 1. It was suggested that I run the System Update Readiness Tool KB947821. I downloaded and attempted to install the September 09 version (V5) It returned an error. Since SP1 hasn't been installed, I downloaded and attempted to install April 09 version (V4). It has now been installed? How does one run the tool? Thanks
January 1st 10 08:22 PM
by Charles W Davis[_2_] Go to last post
0 245
System Update Readiness Tool - How to run after install by Charles W Davis[_2_]
Windows Vista Home Premium, 32bit Havn't been able to install Service Pack 1. It was suggested that I run the System Update Readiness Tool KB947821. I downloaded and attempted to install the September 09 version (V5) It returned an error. Since SP1 hasn't been installed, I downloaded and attempted to install April 09 version (V4). It has now been installed? How does one run the tool? Thanks
January 1st 10 08:22 PM
by Charles W Davis[_2_] Go to last post
0 195
Activation for Vista Ultimate by johnf45
I have replaced my hard drive and video card. When I re-installed Vista and activated it, everything seemed to work just fine. Yesterday I saw a popup bubble saying that it was trying to activate windows. I checked the system information and it said that I have 22 days to activate windows. Clicking on the activation link did nothing. I also clicked on the "Change product key" link and...
December 30th 09 05:18 AM
by EvanEst91 Go to last post
4 373
BcCode 1000007e BSOD after Itunes install by Eclancy2001
Additional information BCP1: C0000005 BCP2: 8075C8CD BCP3: 88B56EF8 BCP4: 88B56BF4 Svc Pack: 2.0 In an attempt to fix it, I rebooted in safe mode and uninstalled I tunes (as that was the last thing I installed). Then rebooted and
December 29th 09 01:26 PM
by Eclancy2001 Go to last post
4 312
BcCode 1000007e BSOD after Itunes install by Eclancy2001
Additional information BCP1: C0000005 BCP2: 8075C8CD BCP3: 88B56EF8 BCP4: 88B56BF4 Svc Pack: 2.0 In an attempt to fix it, I rebooted in safe mode and uninstalled I tunes (as that was the last thing I installed). Then rebooted and
December 28th 09 06:39 PM
by Eclancy2001 Go to last post
0 172
Validated windows vista, but still says not valid. by SirRedTooth
I validated windows vista he http://www.microsoft.com/genuine Then valididated microsoft windows office (which didn't work because i dont have microsoft windows office). Then i opened help and support and searched: "Activate Windows" and activated windows following instructions and got a sucsessfull message.
December 26th 09 01:56 PM
by SirRedTooth Go to last post
4 319
convert to dynamic disk by scrooge[_48_]
hello i'm running (vista home prem 64bit / sp1).i seen in disk management that i can now convert to dynamic disk.(must be something thay added with sp1).i already use raid 0 from with in my bios so if i convert the drives will this help with Performance ? thanks mike -- scrooge
December 25th 09 08:10 PM
by beachguy22 Go to last post
5 334
Vista Help by Thomas R Grassi Jr
Windows Vista Business Editon SP2 On a windows 2003 Server domain when I issue: net send pc1 I get no responce On my windows xp pro sp3 pc I receive the network brdcst message On windows XP the MESSINGER SERVICE needs to be running What needs to be done on Vista to allow network broadcast to work?
December 24th 09 09:48 PM
by garzo Go to last post
4 311
Vista Restore by Phil
Hi, I have the Vista Business operating system on my Dell Latitude D830 and am looking to restore my machine back to its factory image, I was under the impression that if you pressed F8 and selected the top option and select your language and then you could select from a selection of restore options. I can get as far as entering the language but just get an option to restore to a previous...
December 24th 09 09:33 PM
by garzo Go to last post
4 287
Installing a second hard drive - problem by Ron O'Brien
I have just inserted a second hard drive - 1TB which has been previously installed on a friends computer, as far as I know it's been wiped but..... In Disk Management it appears: Disk 1 - and there is no drive letter, stating it has an available capacity of 931.51GB To the right hand side of Disk1 it shows an area with a black stripe along the top 1.51GB unallocated and an area with a Blue...
December 24th 09 02:35 PM
by Ron O'Brien Go to last post
4 284
Installing a second hard drive - problem by Ron O'Brien
I have just inserted a second hard drive - 1TB which has been previously installed on a friends computer, as far as I know it's been wiped but..... In Disk Management it appears: Disk 1 - and there is no drive letter, stating it has an available capacity of 931.51GB To the right hand side of Disk1 it shows an area with a black stripe along the top 1.51GB unallocated and an area with a Blue...
December 24th 09 10:29 AM
by Ron O'Brien Go to last post

From The