Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Validated windows vista, but still says not valid. by SirRedTooth
I validated windows vista he http://www.microsoft.com/genuine Then valididated microsoft windows office (which didn't work because i dont have microsoft windows office). Then i opened help and support and searched: "Activate Windows" and activated windows following instructions and got a sucsessfull message.
December 23rd 09 08:50 AM
by SirRedTooth Go to last post
0 208
Removal of Windows 7 eval by Proboscis
My apologies if this has been discussed extensively before. Before Windows 7 came out I installed an evaluation copy next to my production copy of Windows XP in a dual-boot scenario. The current setup is as follows: - drive C: Windows XP Home Edition - drive L: Windows 7 evaluation copy I have finished evaluating Windows 7 a long time ago and now I would like to
December 22nd 09 03:55 AM
by whs[_8_] Go to last post
4 286
Removal of Windows 7 eval by Proboscis
My apologies if this has been discussed extensively before. Before Windows 7 came out I installed an evaluation copy next to my production copy of Windows XP in a dual-boot scenario. The current setup is as follows: - drive C: Windows XP Home Edition - drive L: Windows 7 evaluation copy I have finished evaluating Windows 7 a long time ago and now I would like to
December 22nd 09 03:28 AM
by Proboscis Go to last post
0 202
Windows failed to start by Bill
My Windows Vista Business upgrade DVD won't boot. Is this normal? Are there certain "upgrade" DVDs that aren't supposed to boot? This is an genuine purchased Windows DVD, part number: 66J-04586. It will install Vista, as long as I boot the computer into XP first, then run the install program. I've installed Vista on a few computers (site license) in my small non-profit and it worked, but...
December 22nd 09 01:41 AM
by Bill Go to last post
0 252
Vista refuses DHCP offer in the privat IP range?? by Nieuwslezer
I try to install Vista on a computer in my private network. But the network interface is not accepting an IP address from the DHCP server. If on this same hardware I install eg. Linux the PC accepts the offered IP address from the DHCP server. Imho this rules out a DHCP server misconfiguration and hardware failure. The IP address assigned is in the (172.x.x.x) range. On an other computer...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 22nd 09 12:25 AM
by recus Go to last post
29 787
Move \Users folder once for all by Peter Meinl
How can we move the \Users folder to a different location (e.g. from c:\users to d:\users? I know that one can manually change the location of the subfolders of a specific user (e.g. c:\users\myname\Documents) using Properties|Location. I am looking for a solution to move the \Users folder location so that the folders for new users automatically go there. I read this is possible at setup...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 20th 09 10:14 AM
by Lupin Go to last post
35 917
Duplicate files ? by Ron
I recently installed Vista Ultimate on a new laptop which had Vista Home Premium already preinstalled . I installed a program that fouled up my installation so I reinstalled windows. I have a 160 GB HDD installed in this laptop and very few programs installed and recently I noticed that I have used 48 GB of space on the drive. I looked at my files and I have a Windows folder and 2 Windows...
December 19th 09 01:32 PM
by Curious[_6_] Go to last post
6 335
Error code 646 install update by jim the pilot
Error code 646 appears when trying to install update ref KB977304. I have tried switching off Norton Firewall to install no luck again turned off UAC control this did not resolve the issue either. Can anyone heip? Many thanks JIM the Pilot --
December 17th 09 03:53 PM
by jim the pilot Go to last post
0 219
Where configure network adapters in Windows 7 Starter Edition by Bill
Since there are no Windows 7 newsgroups I hope my post is appropriate here. If not, please let me know where I should post Win7 questions. I have a new Dell netbook running Windows 7 Starter Edition. I need to configure a hard wired network connection using a static IP address and I can not find where to do so. What I am looking for is the equivalent of Control Panel | Network Connections in XP....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 17th 09 02:12 AM
by Bill Go to last post
12 421
Where configure network adapters in Windows 7 Starter Edition by Bill
Since there are no Windows 7 newsgroups I hope my post is appropriate here. If not, please let me know where I should post Win7 questions. I have a new Dell netbook running Windows 7 Starter Edition. I need to configure a hard wired network connection using a static IP address and I can not find where to do so. What I am looking for is the equivalent of Control Panel | Network Connections in XP....
December 16th 09 07:18 PM
by Bill Go to last post
0 189
recovery files by charles cashion
Vista Home Premium I wanted to deleted the older recovery files, but found that I could delete all or nothing. ?Q: Is there a way to selectively delete recovery points files? Charles
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 16th 09 02:41 PM
by charles cashion Go to last post
16 489
How can I install a 64 bit OS? by Alfred
My diagnostic check shows that my system is 64 bit enabled (dual CPUs). I have a 32 bit Vista OS on it now, but would like to install a 64 bit W7. What do I have to do?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 15th 09 11:31 PM
by Curious[_6_] Go to last post
15 463
Transfer of user data from old install to new one by Stroller[_2_]
Hi there, I've got a PC here which has been playing up. I uninstalled a cheap & nasty 3rd-party firewall, and now network / Internet connectivity is hosed. The machine has Vista SP1, and attempts to install SP2 consistently fail. I'm unable to repair or repair install from the Vista installation disk. I've decided just to format & perform a reinstall. I have backed up the whole drive, both...
December 15th 09 10:58 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
6 320
recovery files by charles cashion
Vista Home Premium I wanted to deleted the older recovery files, but found that I could delete all or nothing. ?Q: Is there a way to selectively delete recovery points files? Charles
December 15th 09 05:36 PM
by charles cashion Go to last post
0 168
Unable to complete Windows Vista Business install by CarlB
Alright - So just a few days ago I was attempting to do a fresh install using a disc my brother had. I originally had Windows Vista Home but Business was all he had so that is what I tried using, both 32-bit. I deleted all files thinking I would just be able to install it and get it over with. So now I do not have any operating system installed. Everything works fine up to the point where it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 15th 09 02:21 PM
by CarlB Go to last post
12 411
Transfer of user data from old install to new one by Stroller[_2_]
Hi there, I've got a PC here which has been playing up. I uninstalled a cheap & nasty 3rd-party firewall, and now network / Internet connectivity is hosed. The machine has Vista SP1, and attempts to install SP2 consistently fail. I'm unable to repair or repair install from the Vista installation disk. I've decided just to format & perform a reinstall. I have backed up the whole drive, both...
December 15th 09 01:45 PM
by Stroller[_2_] Go to last post
0 179
factory settings reinstalled gives trouble! by Alfred
I have used my HP m7763w with Vista Home Premium for more than 2 years now, and finally got to the point of having to use my rescue CDs to reformat the HD and reset to factory setting. Unfortunately, I get frequent error messages now, and missing file notices, and Windows Update refuses to work. I understand that the old factory settings are way outdated by now, but what am I supposed to do...
December 15th 09 11:02 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
8 275
Unable to complete Windows Vista Business install by CarlB
Alright - So just a few days ago I was attempting to do a fresh install using a disc my brother had. I originally had Windows Vista Home but Business was all he had so that is what I tried using, both 32-bit. I deleted all files thinking I would just be able to install it and get it over with. So now I do not have any operating system installed. Everything works fine up to the point where it...
December 15th 09 03:41 AM
by CarlB Go to last post
0 177
Upgrading from Home Premium to Ultimate by turbostarbasher
Hello I recently aquired a new copy of windows vista ultimate :). But i have a slight problem with it because when i tried to use it to upgrade my version of Home Premium it did the installation without a problem but when it had finished my pc started up as Home Premium again. :( What have i done wrong so i can go from Home premium to Ultimate (I used the serial code from my Home Premium...
December 14th 09 11:32 PM
by Gregg Fowler Go to last post
3 282
Using Windows Easy Transfer for upgrade to Windows 7 by UnderCoverGuy
Good afternoon. I have what feels like the strangest issue with the Windows Easy Transfer 7 tool for VISTA. I've searched all over the internet but haven't been able to find an answer and it is starting to drive me crazy (UGH). I am upgrading from VISTA Ultimate 32-bit with SP2 and all updates to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on the same laptop. I've carved up two partitions on the system...
December 14th 09 06:44 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post

From The