Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Using Windows Easy Transfer for upgrade to Windows 7 by UnderCoverGuy
Good afternoon. I have what feels like the strangest issue with the Windows Easy Transfer 7 tool for VISTA. I've searched all over the internet but haven't been able to find an answer and it is starting to drive me crazy (UGH). I am upgrading from VISTA Ultimate 32-bit with SP2 and all updates to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on the same laptop. I've carved up two partitions on the system...
December 14th 09 06:03 PM
by UnderCoverGuy Go to last post
0 214
How can I install a 64 bit OS? by Alfred
My diagnostic check shows that my system is 64 bit enabled (dual CPUs). I have a 32 bit Vista OS on it now, but would like to install a 64 bit W7. What do I have to do?
December 14th 09 04:00 PM
by Alfred Go to last post
0 221
need help with reinstallation by vicvic1
Hi all I am trying to reinstall vista on a acer aspire laptop. The machine has been badly infected with an unknown virus/ infection. The virus doesn't scan I think that i might need to flash my bios. I can't change the bios setting to boot to cd. In other words i can't change anything in my bios at all it won't let me arrow down of the item on the top line. I think it is the virus because the...
December 14th 09 11:02 AM
by vicvic1 Go to last post
2 321
need help with reinstallation by vicvic1
Hi all I am trying to reinstall vista on a acer aspire laptop. The machine has been badly infected with an unknown virus/ infection. The virus doesn't scan I think that i might need to flash my bios. I can't change the bios setting to boot to cd. In other words i can't change anything in my bios at all it won't let me arrow down of the item on the top line. I think it is the virus because the...
December 14th 09 03:30 AM
by vicvic1 Go to last post
0 233
factory settings reinstalled gives trouble! by Alfred
I have used my HP m7763w with Vista Home Premium for more than 2 years now, and finally got to the point of having to use my rescue CDs to reformat the HD and reset to factory setting. Unfortunately, I get frequent error messages now, and missing file notices, and Windows Update refuses to work. I understand that the old factory settings are way outdated by now, but what am I supposed to do...
December 13th 09 02:38 PM
by Alfred Go to last post
0 219
Upgrade from Vista Home 32bit(OEM) to Vista Ultimate 64bit(Retail)? by Abiosis
I just ordered the Vista Ultimate 32/64bit (retail upgrade version) can I upgrade from Vista Home 32bit(OEM) to Vista Ultimate 32bit(Retail)? from my understanding,64bit'll be clean install that I already know... thanks for any advice...thanks
December 13th 09 01:47 PM
by Curious[_6_] Go to last post
6 439
New Comp, Vista Ult 64bit, Startup SATA/RAID HD not found by Zae88
I know you guys get this question alot, but after searching through the forum posts and trying the various methods, still this obstacle remains. Ok, I just bought a Gateway E-155 tablet online and it came with Vista Ultimate 32 & 64bit versions. The person who I purchased it from said it was already installed and ready to go. When I received the laptop today, I turned it on and it said no OS...
December 13th 09 08:44 AM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
7 218
Disk Boot failure kinda thing... by Andy mauger
Hi all.. First I must say that I wouldn't be posting if I hadn't exhausted all other options... Basically, I have/had a 3 HDD set up, a 160gb seagate for OS and progs, a 500gb seagate for storage, and a little 80gb maxtor that I dug out from an old comp for "Do not delete" items. All was working great until yesterday when dvds, music, mouse movement all became "jittery" every 2 mins or so, I...
December 13th 09 02:28 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
2 321
Cannot install office 2007 due to a 1402 eroor: the registry key.. by Frustrated Scott
I have attempted to install Office Professional Plus 2007and get this error: Microsoft Office Porfesional Plus 2007 encountered an error during setup. Error 1402. Setup cannot open the registry key UNKNOWN\.wll\Word.Addin.8\ShellNew. Verify that you have sufficient [ermission to access the registry. (Paraphrase on the rest) Contact Microsoft for help I have been into the registry and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 09 12:29 AM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
13 660
New Comp, Vista Ult 64bit, Startup SATA/RAID HD not found by Dominic Payer[_2_]
The spec for the E-155 says it has only one hard disk, so you could not use RAID. Your options could only be SATA configured as IDE, native SATA or SATA AHCI: some of those options may not be present. You should need no special drivers. When booting the machine, go into the BIOS and check that it reports the presence of a hard disk. I think that either there is no hard disk or it, or its...
December 12th 09 07:54 PM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
0 272
New Comp, Vista Ult 64bit, Startup SATA/RAID HD not found by kword88
the first thing to do is contact the seller and find out if they removed the operating systems (which is common, since you cant transfer licenses) does the computer have one or two hard drives? do they show up in the BIOS? if so, you can disable RAID if each operating system is on its own drive. --
December 12th 09 03:41 PM
by kword88 Go to last post
0 250
please help me my my windows media play doesn't work any more by yosra b
hey everyone i have a great problem with my windows media player i a windows vista and i uninstalled my windows media player from my computer . i want to reinstall it again but i get always the same error you can't download this version of media player because you have already a more recent version. i now know that media player is a part of the system in windows vista and i'am afraid i had...
December 12th 09 03:58 AM
by John Inzer[_2_] Go to last post
4 259
duplicate windows files by ironworker
After re-installing Vista I have 2 sets of windows files .. Windows & Windows old... and I am unable to delete the Windows old .. any ideas without having to do it all again???? -- ironworker
December 12th 09 02:00 AM
by Curious[_6_] Go to last post
4 298
please help me my my windows media play doesn't work any more by yosra b
hey everyone i have a great problem with my windows media player i a windows vista and i uninstalled my windows media player from my computer . i want to reinstall it again but i get always the same error you can't download this version of media player because you have already a more recent version. i now know that media player is a part of the system in windows vista and i'am afraid i had...
December 11th 09 10:26 PM
by yosra b Go to last post
0 197
The version you are upgrading is newer than the one you're upgrading from... by Howard Woodard
I have a machine with Vista Home Basic sp2. I'm gonna give it to my grand daughter for Christmas and decided that I wanted to give it to her with Home Premium. My son had a copy of Vista Home Premium that he bought way back when it first came out -- before any service pack releases -- for a custom build that has long since been parted out. I tried to use that disk to upgrade from but it...
December 11th 09 05:08 AM
by Howard Woodard Go to last post
9 377
Trouble loading a web site by TonyAppel
I can get to any site on the web but one. Others on their computers can see the site but I can't When I ping the site it says that the site does not answer. What is wrong with my computer? I have vista. I use to be able to get to my site and I even went back to a date when the site was working but it has not helped. I think that someone sabotaged the site because when I get an error...
December 10th 09 08:42 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
3 303
Help - Windows Vista Activation by mharis
Ok, i dont know if im performing an act of piracy or not. I guess the best way would be to ask you guys. My bro bought his DELL laptop from Ireland, he got the vista home basic dvd with it that was activated with the serial number of his laptop. I purchased my laptop in Pakistan as a second hand and the seller didnt give me any cds or dvds with it, and i dont have any Windows serial number at...
December 10th 09 03:23 PM
by Frankster Go to last post
4 196
Trouble loading a web site by TonyAppel
I can get to any site on the web but one. Others on their computers can see the site but I can't When I ping the site it says that the site does not answer. What is wrong with my computer? I have vista. I use to be able to get to my site and I even went back to a date when the site was working but it has not helped. I think that someone sabotaged the site because when I get an error...
December 10th 09 04:49 AM
by TonyAppel Go to last post
0 218
a required cd dvd drive device driver is missing by dannyupper90
I am trying to reinstall Vista Home on a formatted hard drive but keep getting the error message: "a required cd dvd drive device driver is missing" How can I get past this? I flirted with the idea of putting the driver files on a USB hard drive that I have because it recognizes the drive when it's plugged in but the drivers on the Sony site (it's a Sony Vaio, the dvd rom drive is an Aptiarc)...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 8th 09 06:57 PM
by kword88 Go to last post
10 427
a required cd dvd drive device driver is missing by dannyupper90
I am trying to reinstall Vista Home on a formatted hard drive but keep getting the error message: "a required cd dvd drive device driver is missing" How can I get past this? I flirted with the idea of putting the driver files on a USB hard drive that I have because it recognizes the drive when it's plugged in but the drivers on the Sony site (it's a Sony Vaio, the dvd rom drive is an Aptiarc)...
December 8th 09 05:59 PM
by dannyupper90 Go to last post

From The