Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
No Audio Output Device Installed by Wentworth
I have just installed Vista Ultimate and have the above message. I have looked in the device manager and can't see anything that I recognise as sound devices. I went to the HP site and downloaded the 2 drivers available from the audio section. Not sure which if any, or perhaps both I need but asked for both. I have tried to see about installing these drivers but the process isn't that...
June 8th 08 12:53 PM
by Wentworth Go to last post
0 333
Visat home premium - delete specific system restore points by Masterbowl
New pc, Vista Home premium + SP1 reload, close to final set-up. There's a user-labelled System Restore point dated 1st June (which I want to keep) plus a series of daily restore points, system generated (presumably during/after installation of new progs or updates) then a further user-labelled restore point, 6th June (user-labelled, i.e. "SP1 loaded"). QUESTION how to delete the "daily restore...
June 8th 08 11:07 AM
by Brink Go to last post
4 330
System back-up/restore space allocation? by Masterbowl
Vista Home premium - Each "back-up" takes 8 Gb, so there's only space for 2 "restore points. (112GB hdd, system allocates 15% to "back-up/restore"). How does one allocate more space (and, could backup/restore be pointed at D: partition, also 112Gb, instead of C: ) ? -- Masterbowl
June 8th 08 10:03 AM
by Masterbowl Go to last post
3 341
vista crash by etsurecon
just bought vista home premium 32 bit put the disk in got to drive options formatted HD was going very well until it got to copying files it stopped at 21% then up flashed the blue screen had to manually restart the pc still cant get it going had it for less than 24 hours very very frustrated the shop where i bought the pc from i e-mailed him the problem i was having his e-mail reply was...
June 8th 08 04:06 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
5 402
Reinstalling Vista upgrade downloaded from Digital Locker by Mick56
I'm sorry if this is an obvious question. I have a dual boot system with XP and Vista. Vista was purchased and downloaded via Digital Locker. I need to reinstall Vista fresh, again as part of a dual boot. I still have my Digital Locker info and I can download Vista again, but I don't think I have to as I still have the original download on an external drive. Most of the "how to...
June 8th 08 04:04 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
3 418
Office 2007 Word by Avery Tom Deacon Harry
Is there a way I can get the latest Word to look and act like the 2000 version. The reason, of course, is that 2007 is rubbish. I say this because NOTHING is where logic says it should be kept, and when I do finally find what I want (if indeed what I want is still possible, and sometimes it is not), the instructions are scattered all over. I mean, these stupid "ribbons" that don't contain all...
June 7th 08 09:22 PM
by Avery Tom Deacon Harry[_2_] Go to last post
3 435
Vista Wins Again ! by HeyBub
wrote: Google search: "Vista Sucks" about 3,120,000 for vista sucks. "XP Sucks" about 550,000 for XP sucks "Apple Sucks" about 342,000 for Apple Sucks "Ubuntu Sucks" about 340,000 for Ubuntu Sucks Comments? "Vista wonderful" - 3,980,000
June 7th 08 06:26 PM
by Unknown Go to last post
7 422
Moving Vista ... by gearhead364
I recently built a new computer and I would like to move my current install of Vista to the new system without reinstalling it. My only problem is that both setups will be using a raid 0 array for the installation and I don't know if I will be able to boot off the old disks with the new hardware. My old PC was a nForce 4 based AMD rig and my new one is a P35 based Intel rig. Is there a way that I...
June 7th 08 11:21 AM
by DL Go to last post
5 385
Vista Wins Again ! by vishhiita prime
hey moron just because I make fun of you in every single post I post, doesnt mean you own me... It means that you are so incredibly stupid that I love kicking your ars "Frank" wrote in message ... Clear Windows wrote: --------------------------------------
June 7th 08 07:53 AM
by vishhiita prime Go to last post
0 297
moving files from 98se to vista premium by CdLSRN
I have a Dell XPS T450 desktop with Win 98se. I want to buy a DellXPS 420 with quad processor and 4 gig ram etc. I just need to move doc. files, a lot of .jpg files, mov files, and Outlook Express, I have very important files with large attachment stored in OE .. My son got a new loaded Dell 420, 3 men came to the house from Dell to set it up and move his data from the same type of machine that...
June 7th 08 12:56 AM
by CdLSRN Go to last post
5 373
Vista Wins Again ! by HeyBub
Clear Windows wrote: You really ought to consider getting a life. You mean your kind of life? How ironic! .. praising vista all day and night, putting the vista dvd under your pillow at night, eating lunch from the dvd box, whipping your ars with the leaflet, and listening to all the vista sounds again and again on an mp3 player...
June 6th 08 09:10 PM
by HeyBub Go to last post
0 353
Backup Disc has no operating system on it by lcopeland
I have a Gateway MT6707 notebook that came preinstalled with Windows Vista Home Premium. I upgraded to a new larger hard drive but the start up disc I created doesn't contain the operating system. I know it's the disc because I tried my startup disc from my other computer and it goes through all of the microsoft motions to the point where it says "This disc is not for this computer". How do...
June 6th 08 08:40 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
6 400
Vista Wins Again ! by Kurt Herman
Vista is Great..... 11,600,000 http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=vista+great&btnG=Google+Search Kurt
June 6th 08 06:18 PM
by Kurt Herman Go to last post
0 287
Vista Wins Again ! by Movin-onward
All research requires proof that the interpreter view all sides of the 'issue,' all facets of the multi-faceted 'gem' of studies/research ... What is on the 'other side?' Weren't the respondents "a pre-select group"??? "Big_Al" wrote in message news:oXe2k.1957$MF3.1735@trnddc06... wrote: Google search:
June 6th 08 06:18 PM
by Movin-onward Go to last post
0 328
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP2 install problem by GACKT
when i try to install the service pack 2 through windows update it shows a error saying "Hotfix installer has stopped working. A problem cause the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" On the windows update it says: Failed: 1 update Error(s) found: Code FF
June 6th 08 06:11 PM
by SCSIraidGURU Go to last post
1 348
Vista Backup not working by J Kemp
I know I have seen this problem a million times here, but my case seems a little different. I backed up my pictures, music, and videos on 3 disks and restored my computer. Now on the first disk is reading blank and the other two are FBW files. I cannot rename these on the disk. Any help would be much appreciated. -- J...
June 6th 08 01:55 PM
by J Kemp Go to last post
0 304
Advice on Windows Boot Manager by Ger68
I have XP installed on a partition on 1 HDD and Vista Ultimate installed on a separate Drive. The thing is I do not have the Windows Boot Manager when I boot up with the OS options. I can only achieve this by changiing the Boot Device in Bios, so I don't think any boot files are damaged. In Startup and Recovery on both systems only one OS is recognised and when I tried Third Party software...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 6th 08 10:34 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
22 794
XP to Vista HDD problem by spartacus112
I recently built my computer and installed xp using a pre SP2 cd. I upgraded to vista using an uprgrade version. My problem is that my 320gb hard drive is only showing 127gb as if i were using the pre SP2 version of XP.
June 6th 08 02:57 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 408
Why no SP1 from Windows Update? by Birk Binnard
My system is Vista Home Premium with all the Windows Update fixes installed. But WU still does not offer SP1 and I can't figure out why. I've looked at the KB article that explains why SP1 isn't offered by WU and none of those reason applies to me. I've verified that all my device drivers are current. I've run SFC. But still no SP1. Does that mean there is some weirdness lurking in my...
June 6th 08 02:49 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 504
Hard Drive Migration problem?? by GrimReaperUK
Hi... I have windows vista ultimate 64.... its on my Ide Maxtor 200GB... which is very noisy and seems to lock up.... So I went and got a Sata Seagate (my prefered brand)... and downloaded the Disk Wizard software from Seagate to migrate drives.... rather than having to lose all my data and operating system etc. In and Ide to Ide situation, this works fine... you simply swap drives
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 6th 08 01:20 AM
by smcrob Go to last post

From The