Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Monitor goes in sleep mode on startup (Vista ultima 64 bit) by Bokaj
I have had Vista for a long time. Recently I install some updates and the new Nvidia graphic driver 175.16 for Geforce 8800 GT. After when I boo the monitor goes in sleep mode during start up. Everything is working in the background but I have a black screen. Tried to go back to the previous graphic driver but the problem was the same. When I uninstall the graphic driver (in safe mode) the...
June 6th 08 12:11 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 280
Microsoft Taking Official Petitions to Keep XP Alive by [email protected]
On Jun 2, 10:25*pm, Adam Albright wrote: On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 22:14:20 -0400, "Billy Smith" wrote: I use all of my computers in about a weeks time frame. One to keep them updated and the other for business purposes. So many here have no idea what they're doing or why they do it. Based on what you just said it suggests your turn on your...
June 5th 08 09:16 PM
by Canuck57 Go to last post
4 346
installing the anytime upgrade dvd by Jon Pope[_2_]
We wanted to install the dvd because we wanted the HP CRAP removed from the system on a HP MEDIA center m7750n. After 1 week MICROSOFT locked down the computer made us re input the product key off the tower and was told by MICROSOFT it was a pirated dvd. Any ideas y this happened
June 5th 08 09:08 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP][_2_] Go to last post
6 328
Vista updating problems by Cooper
Ive been trying to update vista to SP1 but for some reason I can not. If I use the windows update tool it wont update anything, it gives me error code 80240016 , 80092004 or 80073712 which doesnt even appear on the microsoft site even though its apparently very common. The only reason I wanted SP1 is because of the problem with virtual address space when playing games. My work machine will...
June 5th 08 08:30 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
5 256
Reinstall by Ellen
i own a PC where Windows Vista was originally installed on it, but the XP OS was installed over it. I want to reinstall Vista. The issue is that when i purchased the machine in never received a systems disk so all i have is the product key sticker that's located underneath the PC it's self. How can i go about reinstalling the Vista OS without purchasing a whole new one?
June 5th 08 07:21 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
5 284
Recovery from recovery disk not possible by mwski
System: Vista Business OEM pre-instaled on my laptop. I have a recovery files on my external HDD (whole system). In help file to it says to press F8 while booting, select "Repair computer" and follow instructons ... On my advanced startup menu THERE IS NOT such option !!! What now? My systm bacup is useless?. I don't have full Vista instalation disk, just Recovery CD of pre installed system...
June 5th 08 03:58 PM
by AJR Go to last post
2 198
User has a problem posting to Yahoo Groups with Vista by [email protected]
I keep getting emails from a non-computer literate person I know who has Vista on their machine and cannot post to Yahoo groups when she could before using Windows XP.. Any list of " How To's " out there to
June 5th 08 03:41 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 237
Mircosoft Register Server by jb001
Hello, I'm having problems with the Mircrosoft Register Server saying that it has stop working. I get this message when I try to install a program with Dll files. I still can't install the program because of this problem. I have vista home premium
June 5th 08 10:32 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 211
Acer/Vista: Easy trasfer/language change by georgios
Acer Aspire MFG DATE 0803 Aspire 5920G-5A4G25Mi S/N LXAN40X8578090BF822505 Windows Vista Home Premium OEMAct I bought it on 24 May. I selected the Greek version of Vista. After Vista and Office installation and update, I tried to EASY TRANSFER from my old laptop all data.
June 5th 08 08:33 AM
by georgios Go to last post
5 331
Saving Display Settings by Emcee
I have been running Vista for about 6 months, and I have been using 2 monitors. Since a failure occurred on the video card, the analog monitor no longer displays Windows, although boot up information displays just fine. While I am waiting to purchase a new Video Card, I am using 1 monitor, with the other disconnected from the computer. Windows does not save my settings, however, and...
June 5th 08 05:50 AM
by Emcee Go to last post
0 193
Turn windows Features on or off empty by TonyC
Hi, I have ultimate and I am trying to install IIS7. However when I try to turn on the feature the window that should display the features is empty? Any ideas? I am running vista ultimate 64. Thanks
June 5th 08 03:43 AM
by KennethCM Go to last post
5 216
blue screen in vista by Gérard Douchet
no recovery possible, help, help !
June 4th 08 10:13 PM
by philo Go to last post
2 259
An error has occurred. Not all fo the features were successfully changed. by Joe[_15_]
When I try to use the "Turn Windows features on or off" function to add or remove anything I get "An error has occurred. Not all of the features were successfully changed." at the end of the installation. I cannot figure out why. This is a problem, because I cannot currently add any features. Thanks, Tim
June 4th 08 09:49 PM
by Darrell Gorter[MSFT] Go to last post
6 372
Upgrading Home Premium SP1 to Ultimate (non-SP1) by SteveG
I recently purchased a new laptop that came with Vista Home Premium SP1 installed. I have a copy of Vista Ultimate (full version, not SP1) that I received for Christmas but haven't used. I'm thinking about upgrading from Home Premium SP1 to Ultimate, but am concerned that because I have SP1 installed that I will not be able to do a upgrade install. (I don't want to do a clean install and...
June 4th 08 09:04 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 212
Slipstream SP1? by 3putt in coastal SC
I've burned a new Vista Ultimate install disk slipstreamed with SP1 using Vlite. However...it will only perform a clean install, and not an upgrade on the existing Home Premium with SP1. I want to ?upgrade to Vista Ultimate. Running install with the slipstreamed Vista Ultimate w/SP1 I get these statements: "Upgrade has been Disabled" The upgrade cannot be started. To upgrade cancel...
June 4th 08 08:58 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 379
Reinstalling Upgrade from Basic to Premium by JeffD[_2_]
My computer came with the Home Basic 64-bit version of Vista. A few months ago I decided to upgrade to Premium. I had to format my hard drive a couple of days ago and using my Windows Anytime Upgrade disc, was able to reinstall only the Home Basic version. The only option on the upgrade website is to purchase the upgrade again. Any suggestions?
June 4th 08 08:42 PM
by george Go to last post
2 188
code 800736cc by jvm
Can any one pls tell me how to resolve this cabinet file issue since the KB file does not exist in the windows software distribtuion folder? Thx. -- jvm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jvm's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50984 View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=980859
June 4th 08 03:32 PM
by jvm Go to last post
0 181
wanna give you best possible solution by johnnn
dear; i am master in WGA(Microsoft Windows Genuine Advantage) Validation Tool /program and Genuine Microsoft Software, MPA(Microsoft Product Activation), WPA(Windows Product Activation) and Genuine Validation of Microsoft Softwares, Office Genuine Advantage, if you have any issue problem confusion about anything just concern about it please feel free to e-mail me at my address...
June 4th 08 02:57 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
1 252
Why did my Vista upgrade fail? by sh2008
I am running an HP pavilion entertainment PC with XP. I bought an upgrade to Vista Ultimate and installation was fine until the 5th and final part in section 2 of the upgrade, which got to 64%. Because there were still some animated dots ... I left it running overnight, but in the morning it was still at 64% so I switch off and on and it then restored XP because the upgrade had...
June 4th 08 11:52 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 225
Cannot install Vista 64 Please help by stasioau
::Yesterday finished build my comp. as below::: ::Asus P5N32-E SLI (nVidia, nForce 680, DDR 533/667/800):: ::Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (3.0 GHz, 1333 Mhz):: ::Memory: OCZ2N800SR4GK,4 elements, total 8Gk (PC26400, DDR2-800, NVIDIA), :: ::Card: EVGA 512-p2-n747 Ir, Geforce 8500gt, 512 mb, 128 bit, two cards for SLI:: ::All elements working OK, CD-RAM included.:: ::In BIOS my CD is first to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 4th 08 05:39 AM
by bad_the_ba Go to last post

From The