Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Help required in getting back factory settings back by rohantm
Hi ! i installed windows vista 2 times by using Restore factory setting by using boot up option on pressing F8. 3rd time i installed windows vista 64bit using DVD. Installed it on C drive. Now i want to restore it to factory settings but am not able to see that option on bootup. Please help me. I have dell studio 1555 and windows vista 64 bit . -- rohantm
December 8th 09 11:42 AM
by rohantm Go to last post
0 192
Help required in getting back factory settings back by rohantm
Hi ! i installed windows vista 2 times by using Restore factory setting by using boot up option on pressing F8. 3rd time i installed windows vista 64bit using DVD. Installed it on C drive. Now i want to restore it to factory settings but am not able to see that option on bootup. Please help me. I have dell studio 1555 and windows vista 64 bit . -- rohantm
December 8th 09 11:42 AM
by rohantm Go to last post
0 293
New Laptop All Accounts Locked by Twisties
Hi, an over middle aged (not elderly) friend of mine bought a Toshiba laptop recently. Another friend of hers set it up for her and created all the accounts, but she is unable to login as the password she thought she had doesn't work. She has tried a number of times to log-in ... clicking everywhere including the "Reset Password" link under her user name. Late last night we tried using the...
December 8th 09 08:20 AM
by sinseer1[_2_] Go to last post
5 284
Panther Folder by petersde
Once Vista has been successfully installed, can the Panther folder be deleted?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 8th 09 03:14 AM
by sinseer1 Go to last post
11 484
The version you are upgrading is newer than the one you're upgrading from... by Howard Woodard
I have a machine with Vista Home Basic sp2. I'm gonna give it to my grand daughter for Christmas and decided that I wanted to give it to her with Home Premium. My son had a copy of Vista Home Premium that he bought way back when it first came out -- before any service pack releases -- for a custom build that has long since been parted out. I tried to use that disk to upgrade from but it...
December 8th 09 01:22 AM
by Howard Woodard Go to last post
0 189
Vista's Windows Updates doesn't offer SP2 to download. by Phillip Pi
Hello. I got a new Acer Aspire M3800-U3802A desktop machine and I updated everything in Vista HP SP1 OEM. However, I did not get its IE8 since it was optional and I didn't want it yet. It does not offer me a SP2. Why is that? I read it can be picky on drivers and stuff, but which ones? Do I really have to get every driver and updates from Acer.com?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 7th 09 07:41 PM
by Phillip Pi Go to last post
13 387
installing updates error message 646 by jen
please help!!!!!! Im trying to install updates but keep getting an error message 646 can any help so i can install
December 6th 09 11:02 PM
by jen Go to last post
0 211
Vista's Windows Updates doesn't offer SP2 to download. by Ant[_3_]
I don't think this Acer computer came with a clean Vista OS. I did not see one on both the HDD and discs. It came with an OEM one. On 12/3/2009 10:53 PM PT, PA Bear typed: I cannot assist you when you keep snipping previous quoted replies from your posts, Phillip. Good luck.
December 6th 09 10:52 PM
by Ant[_3_] Go to last post
0 284
Help!!!! rar and zip files by jrc1980
I ordered some files and they came in rar and zip format. I know nothing about them. I downloaded winrar to read them. I guess I'm not using it right or something. All I get is codes and stuff. I need to open these files so that I can read them in plain english. I want to use these files on my web-site. Any ideas?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 6th 09 06:17 AM
by Khufu Go to last post
15 646
duplicate windows files by ironworker
After re-installing Vista I have 2 sets of windows files .. Windows & Windows old... and I am unable to delete the Windows old .. any ideas without having to do it all again???? -- ironworker
December 6th 09 05:45 AM
by ironworker Go to last post
0 193
Upgrading laptop Hard Disk - best way? by Mark Allison
Hi, I have a MacBook dual booted with Vista. I want to put a 200Gb drive in to replace my 120Gb, but I don't want to have to reinstall vista and all my apps. I have a USB external drive that I could place an image on. Question: What's the best way to image my drive so that I can just pop in a new drive and copy over the image? I then want to boot my laptop so that it is exactly as it was...
December 6th 09 01:14 AM
by Luan Pham[_2_] Go to last post
5 364
creating Shortcuts to control panel objects by Wayne Blackman[_4_]
As I frequently turn my screen saver off and on, I would like to create a shortcut directly to the Screen Saver Applet in Control Panel. I have managed to make one to Personalization, This is not what I want, I would like one click access to Screen Saver, Is this possible? TIA Wayne
December 4th 09 05:59 PM
by John John - MVP Go to last post
6 390
creating Shortcuts to control panel objects by Wayne Blackman[_4_]
As I frequently turn my screen saver off and on, I would like to create a shortcut directly to the Screen Saver Applet in Control Panel. I have managed to make one to Personalization, This is not what I want, I would like one click access to Screen Saver, Is this possible? TIA Wayne
December 4th 09 08:17 AM
by Wayne Blackman[_4_] Go to last post
0 186
new partition by Gail C
Originally the 2nd non-OS disk contained two primary partitions fully allocated to drives D and drive G. I shrunk both and the unallocated space is separated by the second former partition (drive G). How can i get the two unallocated spaces into one area to format and create a new partition -- thank you for your help
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 09 02:09 PM
by John John - MVP Go to last post
13 505
"Not a valid Win32 application" by deltafan
Hello. Just downloaded Vista RC1 64-bit version and I can't get it to install. When I run the DVD is says "Setup cannot run on this version of the Operating System. To install Windows please try booting from the install media." Then when I click setup, it says "Not a valid Win32 application." I am running XP Home SP2. How do I get it to install?
November 30th 09 04:26 AM
by Dmantoronto Go to last post
7 348
Transfer Vista activation by Richard
Hi, I bought a home premium upgrade for my xp media centre PC. Having installed and activated, it runs VERY slowly. Have now bought a lap top with home basic and would like to upgrade it to home premium instead of the media pc by transfering over the home premium activation key. I'll then restore the media centre PC back to XP.
November 29th 09 02:04 PM
by twinky0 Go to last post
2 274
winload.exe missing or corrupt and installation disk will not star by smeesh
(sorry if this is long winded but I am trying to make as clear as possible my situation) I did an upgrade from XP to Vista Home basic on my sons computer. It does not have a DVD drive so had to install from 5 CD's. I put the parental lock on as the computer is in his room and wanted to have some control on what is viewed (and doing homework rather than chatting/surfing)!! ;oP All...
November 27th 09 04:50 PM
by lissamitchell[_2_] Go to last post
9 523
windows 7 easy transfer does not work on Vista Home Premium 32 bit. by [email protected]
After I started windows 7 easy transfer on Vista Home Premium 32 bit, it runs for a while, then says "please reboot your PC and try again". Rebooted a few times and still get the same error. I got tried chkdsk at reboot time and 'Repair your computer' using vista DVD instal disk. Any help? Thanks.
November 25th 09 01:28 PM
by Curious[_6_] Go to last post
6 311
windows 7 easy transfer does not work on Vista Home Premium 32 bit. by [email protected]
After I started windows 7 easy transfer on Vista Home Premium 32 bit, it runs for a while, then says "please reboot your PC and try again". Rebooted a few times and still get the same error. I got tried chkdsk at reboot time and 'Repair your computer' using vista DVD instal disk. Any help? Thanks.
November 25th 09 01:39 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 192
Vista ultimate - product key - installation by Sebastian A. Potthoff
Hello! I installed Vista Ultimate 32-bit on my notebook as test version from a Vista Business Update DVD. Now I got Vista Ultimate and I tried to enter activate the testversion with the Ultimate Key. But the activation server is telling me that the key from my Vista Ultimate DVD is already in use. Now I am wondering if I need to install Vista Ultimate from the DVD that I got the product key...
November 24th 09 08:50 AM
by debkanta Go to last post

From The