Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Langauge change by guinevere
Hi, i just recently purchased vista ultimate here in japan, under the garantee that i can change it completely to English. It has done so - mostly, including the control panel etc, but the security upgrades section is still all in japanese. Is there a way to change this? Thanks in advance,
May 4th 08 12:46 AM
by guinevere Go to last post
0 297
Digital Locker Assistant by DiAngelo
I can't access my digital locker downloads. I suspect that the vista digital locker assistant is corrupt. How can I reinstall this? Thanks, DiAngelo
May 4th 08 12:03 AM
by DiAngelo Go to last post
0 283
Vista Installation by Vicky
When I put the cd into my driver, the installation window does not appear. Help!
May 3rd 08 11:29 PM
by Vicky Go to last post
7 355
install home prem with ultimate disc by dontstealmyfish
i was wonderinf if its possible to install home premium with a valid-legal home premium product key, using a vista ultimate disc. since supposedly all vista versions are on the one disc. i was figuring it woudl ask for the product key, recognize it was a home premium key and install home premium. will this happen? thanks. -- dontstealmyfish
May 3rd 08 08:52 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
8 429
Uninstall Problem by R W Stewart
When trying to uninstall Norton (which is not working), I get message that "setup has stopped working". After reviewing comments of others on this subject I installed Advanced Uninstall Pro. When I ran this program to uninstall Norton, I got message "This application has failed to start because cclU.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem". I am a relative...
May 3rd 08 06:17 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 307
DWM failing on loading by Steve F[_2_]
I have installed onto a new drive Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit) with SP1 integratated I gave an Asus p5kc m/b, Q6600 cpu, anetec sonata iii case, 800GT GPU and 2Gb of meory Whenever i restart PC and log in i get two errors in the event viewer at approx the same time: OK i reinstalled windows vista on a new hard drive
May 3rd 08 04:41 PM
by Steve F[_2_] Go to last post
0 353
Can SOMEONE explain why I can't Boot Into Safe Mood in VISTA? by Sean Price[_3_]
so I press f5 or is it f8... but either way I get to the Safe Mood Selection screen and no matter what option I select, Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Prompts, of Safe Mood with Network support, it doesn't matter it boots normal to my user sign in screen and then it freezes.. no mouse or keyboard functions... If I run the recovery disk and tool options then mouse and keyboard work but I still...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 3rd 08 03:57 PM
by Sean Price[_2_] Go to last post
12 526
Driver_IRQL by Ravi
I have an ACER Laptop with Vista instlalled which I brought in November. Since then I have not installed any other hardware. In the past 1-1.5 months, the system is suddenly getting restarted with the memory being dumped with themessage DRIVER_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL. I restart the system in safe mode with networking and after some time again I go for normal mode and is usually successful. I...
May 3rd 08 01:39 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
6 511
Explorer won't start after login by B.S
Hi My explorer won't start after login, and it shows me "Documents" folder instead. I have to hit Alt+Ctrl+Del, run the task manager, "New Task" and run "explorer.exe" every time and it works fine after that. I'm using vista ultimate and did a clean install.
May 3rd 08 11:47 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 336
closing program files by April
I need help closing out my document file without it going to a blank page afterwards. Can someone help me? -- April
May 3rd 08 03:26 AM
by Gary Mount Go to last post
1 319
Help re-installing Vista Digital Locker Assistant by DiAngelo
I can't access my digital locker downloads. I suspect that the vista digital locker assistant is corrupt. How can I reinstall this? Thanks, DiAngelo
May 2nd 08 11:22 PM
by DiAngelo Go to last post
2 325
Vista Upgrade Requirement by bearatone12
Hi. I bought a computer in a silent auction at work. I thought the version of Vista was legit but found out it has an enterprise license. I would like to purchase and install Vista Home Premium but since I have a licensed copy of XP Home, I am wondering if a) I'm entitled to use an upgrade license of Vista, and b) can I install Vista Home Premium over top of the existing enterprise edition...
May 2nd 08 04:53 PM
by Pete Stavrakoglou Go to last post
5 309
Vista Crash Failed Restore Screen Blank by rugbycentre
Hi Guys I'm new to the forum and not very technical. OS: Vista Home Premium 32 Background: In the last few days, my Vista went horribly wrong - it crashed and I dont know why. I havent added anything new apart from software - BBC iPlayer. Plsu, a lexmark printer driver for an X1100 has never worked - it is not vista approved but the printer has worked. I
May 2nd 08 03:19 PM
by rugbycentre Go to last post
5 273
Sorry - Originally posted in the wrong forum. by Telexx
I've been working with these machines since 1994, and I have never seen such an anomalie. Usually, I would build my own machine, but I was lazy and bought a Dell XPS 410. It came with Vista Home Premium. Now, I find myself needing to get on a test domain, so I downloaded the x86 Vista Ultimate SP1 DVD iso. Burned it and tried to boot from it. All I get is a black screen with a flashing...
May 2nd 08 03:13 PM
by DellCA[_30_] Go to last post
6 303
BCD and customactions by Alain
Hi, I found a very interesting white paper from Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platform/firmware/OEMBoot_Vista.mspx. This whitepaper explain how to configure the BCD databse to launch a specific OS at startup if a keyboard key has been pressed. It exactly want i want to do. I want to boot in Windows PE if a user press a key at startup. But it's not working. I make a lot...
May 2nd 08 12:49 PM
by Alain Go to last post
0 302
Repairing a DLL Message which apperas on Start-Up by Nick1
I keep getting two error messages everytime I start up my Vista. They appear in the form as Run DLL and contain the following: Error Loading The specified module can not be found C:\Users\Nick|AppData\Local\Temp\jkkKbCtU.dll any ideas how to fix? -- Nick
May 2nd 08 11:59 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
4 318
Starting Stopped Services by MMO[_2_]
When I attempt to start stopped services, ThinkVantage task scheduler, in the Task Manager on a Thinkpad R61i with Vista, an error message says "Access Denied". If I try to start the services from Control Panel Administrative Tools Services, the PC hangs. How can I start these services. The account has administrative privileges.
May 2nd 08 09:38 AM
by MMO[_2_] Go to last post
0 273
SP1 is not visible with Windows update? by Ulrik
I am currently running Vista Vista Home Premium (danish) and want to install Vista SP1 with use of Windows Update. Why can't I see SP1 with use of Windows Update? I had already read the article-id 948343 at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343, but it do not help me. All my drivers and firmware are updated, and all other updates on Windows Update are installed.
May 2nd 08 04:55 AM
by tempting2taanzaa Go to last post
3 332
Anytime Upgrade vs Vista Upgrade by Robert Neville
It appears that the anytime upgrade for Home Premium to Ultimate is not available for much less than the $159 that MS wants when you order directly from them, however it is possible to buy a Vista Ultimate Upgrade disk from many sources for $129 or less. Is there any reason why the Ultimate Upgrade disk won't upgrade a Home Premium install?
May 2nd 08 01:02 AM
by Robert Neville Go to last post
0 284
Applocale by calivim
Well i wont run program in chines language but I can't install applocale. What should I must do?
May 1st 08 11:14 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post

From The