Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
I don't find ADD/ REMOVE PROGRAM in control pannel?? Where it sho by sumant37
In my vista version I do not find ADD/ REMOVE program any where !! can any one help me
March 6th 08 02:55 PM
by Brink Go to last post
3 288
Where can I get Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit Media? by Nags
Hi, I bought a new laptop with 4 GB RAM and Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit OS. I believe I should be able to update to 64 bit Vista ultimate version. But I do not know where to get the media from? The laptop company where I bought my laptop they do not have 64 bit Vista Ultimate version. Also why does 32-bit Ultimate can not address more than 3GB? Is that a limitation?
March 6th 08 02:42 PM
by John Barnes Go to last post
4 292
Xp Home product key blocked by nlspecial
Hi Would like to do a dual boot of vista and xp but having problems reinstalling xp due my key being blocked. its an oem key on the sticker what steps need to be taken to fix this problem.
March 6th 08 01:03 PM
by nlspecial Go to last post
4 293
Dual boot - remove one OS. by Marko
Single HDD with two partitions: With XP installed on drive C:\ and Vista on D:\, how can I get rid of XP on C and change the Vista partion from D to C?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 6th 08 10:47 AM
by John Barnes Go to last post
40 878
How to make disk bootable? by Jack
I have dual boot and Vista is installed on drive D. I want to disconnect (remove) C drive and make D the only disk. How can I make it bootable? I do not have any programs installed yet. Jack
March 6th 08 09:55 AM
by Andy Go to last post
4 285
Vista Ultimate 64bit by p0p
Hi, I have problem while installation vista ultimate 64bit on my system. First my system spec: Intel Core 2 duo 2.66 E6750 Intel G33FB 1+1 + 2 GB Kingston 677Mhz Nvidia 8600GTS 256MB
March 6th 08 09:00 AM
by p0p Go to last post
0 254
vista x64 install with 4gb hotfix by GlassPrison[_6_]
i burned a vista x64 install dvd with the 4gb hotfix slipstreamed (using vlite - and i did tick the 4gb fix checkbox in vlite). i then tried to install vista with 4gb of ram and i still got a bsod. has anyone done this successfully? i know the hotfix was included on the dvd i burned because when i finished installing vista (with 2gb of ram) and tried to install the hotfix, it said that the update...
March 6th 08 03:39 AM
by GlassPrison[_7_] Go to last post
2 281
Need to undo Vista/XP dual boot by JimB
I need some help. I have a dual boot setup that has Vista on one sata hard drive and Windows XP on another sata hard drive. If I remember correctly, I installed XP 1st and than Vista. I now want to keep the current system running with XP and remove the Vista hard drive and install it in a new computer I am building. I'm guessing I will have bootup issues on boot on both pc's once I remove
March 5th 08 09:54 PM
by mkprilliman[_2_] Go to last post
4 269
XP Plus! in Vista? by Jack
Can I use selected screensavers from XP Plus! in Vista 32 ? Jack
March 5th 08 09:29 PM
by mkprilliman Go to last post
1 266
Does a *clean* installation of Vista include msvcrt.dll and msvcirt.dll? by Homer J. Simpson
Hi all, I'm investigating a strange problem on behalf of a family member...he's got a brand new HP laptop, less than a month old, that came preloaded with Vista Home Premium (I believe--I don't have access to the laptop at this very moment). He's been spending a fair amount of time trading emails with the tech support group of a company making some software he's been trying to install...
March 5th 08 09:28 PM
by Homer J. Simpson Go to last post
9 326
Drive letters in XP and Vista both indicate C:\ by Patricko
I recently installed Vista (dual boot). I already had XP installed. Both systems now show C:\ as their respective drive letter. Vista should be showing D:\ How can i fix this? -- osullivania
March 5th 08 09:07 PM
by Donald L McDaniel Go to last post
9 291
Imagex and BDD2007 question by David[_21_]
Is there a setting within wimscript.ini to make imagex grab the recycler (recycle bin). I know that recycler is excluded by default but i need to change this in case a "backup" needs to have items in the recycle bin have to be recovered. I would not be using USMT for this type of capture, nor sysprep. In short, is there a way to include recycler? sample ini with it removed still excludes it: ...
March 5th 08 08:44 PM
by David[_21_] Go to last post
1 245
Imagex capturing Recycler? by D[_3_]
Is there a setting within wimscript.ini to make imagex grab the recycler (recycle bin). I know that recycler is excluded by default but i need to change this in case a "backup" needs to have items in the recycle bin have to be recovered. I would not be using USMT for this type of capture, nor sysprep. In short, is there a way to include recycler? sample ini with it removed still excludes...
March 5th 08 08:44 PM
by David[_21_] Go to last post
1 274
Unattended Install by John G[_2_]
Hello, In the past we have run the unattended install for Windows XP from a network share and we would like to do the same with Windows Vista. The issue is when we go to the network share and try to launch setup.exe, we get an error. "This program cannot be run in DOS mode" Is there an easy way to work around this? I have read about a Windows PE boot disk, but the higher ups are not too keen...
March 5th 08 08:37 PM
by John G[_2_] Go to last post
0 303
OCSETUP ? by Microsoft News[_2_]
Hi, I'm creating script to configure vista. During installation I want to "turn on" 2 vista features: - SNMP features - WMI SNMP Provider Real component name for "SNMP features" is "SNMP", but I want to install also WMI. I search in windows\logs\CBS\cbs.log, and found "WMISnmpProvider". I
March 5th 08 08:01 PM
by hitu Go to last post
1 692
Vista 32 to 64bit HELP!!! by skeeb23
A bit ago a person on here said they were able to upgrade their academic vista ultimate 32bit from their school to the 64bit version through the alternate media order. HOW?? I have tried and it says offer not found. I have a copy now of 32bit vista that is doing me no good at all since I have 4gigs of ram and a 64bit processor. Please... anyone help me how to do this. Or if anyone has a number...
March 5th 08 07:34 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
3 366
"please insert a disc into drive D" by annidragon
We just replaced 2 dvd drives in a Dell 8400. After doing so, we don't know how to make our computer recognize the drives. Unfortunately that is why we replaced them in the first place.... Anyway, when we try to use the "D" drive we get the message "please insert a disc into drive D" even thought there is a disc in the drive. According to the Device Manager, the device is working...
March 5th 08 06:15 PM
by annidragon Go to last post
0 239
Expired Product Key but purchased lasy June/July by SuperTongue
I recently received a new computer with all new parts that had Windows XP Media Center Edition on it. I had my copy of the upgrade disc for Windows Vista Home Premium and wanted to upgrade. Well now Windows is telling me that my Product ID has expired and when I try to re-enter the ID it says it is not valid, even though it is a legitimate copy of Windows Vista. I did have this installed on...
March 5th 08 04:29 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
6 248
Hibernation by Ulla
My computer goes into hibernation whenever I try to write on my desktop. I write something and it just shut down. I´ve tried to remove the hibernation but then the computer just shuts down.
March 5th 08 04:06 PM
by Bare Foot Kid[_31_] Go to last post
1 288
MS - Re-installing Vista by Dave
I have a PC running Vista Business. It will not successful run a repair, I do not find an option (when I boot from the cd) to wipe it out and reload the OS. any suggestions on how I can do that? -- Dave
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 5th 08 12:33 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post

From The