Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
clean recovery disc d by jim stephens
i keep getting a message "low disc space".how do you clean recovery disc D? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ASP.NET 2.0 Membership and Role providers for SQLIte 3.0 ADO.NET Provider http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/1a832c44-9a02-4116-bf4b-0318467d8905/aspnet-20-membership-an.aspx
October 28th 09 04:39 PM
by jim stephens Go to last post
0 223
clean recovery disc d by jim stephens
i keep getting a message "low disc space".how do you clean recovery disc D? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ASP.NET 2.0 Membership and Role providers for SQLIte 3.0 ADO.NET Provider http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/1a832c44-9a02-4116-bf4b-0318467d8905/aspnet-20-membership-an.aspx
October 28th 09 04:39 PM
by jim stephens Go to last post
0 210
How can I opt out of Windows Customer Experience? by Mikey_P
Hello. After wading through my task scheduler, it appears that I am participating in the Windows Customer Experience Program. (I don't remember opting in.) I would like to opt out or disable these types of communications, only I don't know how. Would some kind soul please assist? Thanks
October 28th 09 04:17 PM
by ECRIA Go to last post
3 318
Replace Vista with Windows 7 - Install Options by Boblink
Hi, I understand that this is a Vista Message board but I could not locate a W7 message board on the Website so let me begin by apologizing if I am at the wrong message board. I upgraded my Lenovo Desktop from Vista to Windows7 (using an W7 Upgrade DVD) and basically performed a "clean" install (it was not completely clean because I did not reformat the whole HDD, just the "C" Partition...
October 28th 09 12:04 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
4 265
Replace Vista with Windows 7 - Install Options by Boblink
Hi, I understand that this is a Vista Message board but I could not locate a W7 message board on the Website so let me begin by apologizing if I am at the wrong message board. I upgraded my Lenovo Desktop from Vista to Windows7 (using an W7 Upgrade DVD) and basically performed a "clean" install (it was not completely clean because I did not reformat the whole HDD, just the "C" Partition...
October 28th 09 10:10 AM
by Boblink Go to last post
0 194
NO AUDIO DEVICE OUPUT IS INSTALLED by Aries Graphic Design
I am having the same problem. I updated from xp to vista business yesterday. i have checked my drivers and they are working properly. I have tried plugging my speakers into the headphone jack and that doesn't work either. if you have an answer to this problem please post it. Thank.s "Zenteno" wrote: I just upgrade to windows vista, but I got no sound. Im in a Laptop Hp L2000,
October 28th 09 04:08 AM
by bdock912 Go to last post
9 327
Vista Restore by Phil
Hi, I have the Vista Business operating system on my Dell Latitude D830 and am looking to restore my machine back to its factory image, I was under the impression that if you pressed F8 and selected the top option and select your language and then you could select from a selection of restore options. I can get as far as entering the language but just get an option to restore to a previous...
October 27th 09 04:46 PM
by Phil Go to last post
0 192
Vista Help by Thomas R Grassi Jr
Windows Vista Business Editon SP2 On a windows 2003 Server domain when I issue: net send pc1 I get no responce On my windows xp pro sp3 pc I receive the network brdcst message On windows XP the MESSINGER SERVICE needs to be running What needs to be done on Vista to allow network broadcast to work?
October 27th 09 02:06 AM
by Thomas R Grassi Jr Go to last post
0 164
Unable to access primary drive after using BCDEdit by [email protected]
I have a computer with two drives each containing a different operating system (C: Vista Home Premium and G: Vista Ultimate). After modifying the boot order etc, I am now unable to boot (C: Vista Home Premium) and it no longer appears on the boot menu. Note: I haven't been able to get the recovery console to run. Can someone please help me repair this with BCDEdit? Here is the output of...
October 26th 09 11:24 PM
by notrandom Go to last post
2 263
cant use internet banking by Kaypee
install windows premium internet banking works turn feature - 'web server' on put default.asp in wwwroot change host - add '127.0.0.1 me.here.com.nz' now internet banking page wont load ie says 'Internet explorer cannot display the webpage what the heck does that mean?? Nothing added to machine that does not come off MS windows DVD and still it
October 25th 09 11:40 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
5 285
Windows Bluetooth install repeating by davout
I have Vista Home Deluxe on a Sony laptop. For some reason a Windows Bluetooth install process kicks off each time I boot the laptop. The install pop up window appears and eventually closes without any confirmation required. How can I get rid of this?
October 25th 09 10:07 PM
by davout Go to last post
0 210
Autoroute 2000 by mr. grumpy
I know it's old but it used to work well with XP but I can't get it to work with Vista on my new lap top. I keep getting an error message after the programme has installed. Any suggestions?
October 25th 09 06:53 PM
by whobiggs Go to last post
7 257
After SP2 Installation, VISTA will NOT Shutdown by RickB
Recently installed VISTA SP2 on my laptop. Now, when I try to shutdown it restarts instead into the "Windos did not shutdown properly. Would you like to start in Safe Mode or Normal Windows." I restart in Normal Windows. As soon as it's done restarting I try shutting down again. MOST of the time, this second attempt will shut the computer down...but not always. I don't have a clue where...
October 24th 09 10:10 PM
by Gahawy Go to last post
8 300
Backing up My Win Vista Premium by JBrown
What is the best way to backup my system before doing an upgrade install of Win 7 Premium on my system? Jim )
October 24th 09 09:07 PM
by LG[_2_] Go to last post
6 283
blue screen by Ivor Williams
I have a HP Pavillion dv5 laptop that came with XP Home edition installed. I upgraded to XP Pro, then Vista Ultimate 32 bit and then Vista Ultimate 64 bit. The computer ran well on all operating systems. Recently I decided I wanted to go back to Vista 32 bit. I understand this requires a clean install, so I decided I would use the restoration CD that came with the computer and then upgrade it...
October 24th 09 05:36 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
4 273
the update does not apply to your system by Moshe S. Raab, Ph.D.
i have been trying to install some updates to my (new) Vista Business X64 SP2 system (4GB RAM). i get an error that says "The update does not apply to your system" why doesn't it apply? one of the updates is a driver update for the Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000 the other two Update for Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Management Tools for Hyper-V for x64-based Systems...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 24th 09 06:26 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
11 452
Windows Vista Reinstallment error. by Eric
I was trying to reinstall windos vista in my laptop. However, it gives me an error. This computer does not have enough free space for temporary files .windows installation needs atleast 405 megabytes (MB) of space on any partition for temporary files. to install windows, free enough space and restart the installation. Error code : 0x80004005
October 24th 09 06:04 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
2 275
Backing up My Win Vista Premium by JBrown
What is the best way to backup my system before doing an upgrade install of Win 7 Premium on my system? Jim )
October 23rd 09 05:30 PM
by JBrown Go to last post
0 200
UPgrade to Win 7Home premium from Win Vista Home Premium. by JBrown
Do I have to do a backup to do the above? Jim )
October 23rd 09 03:45 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
8 337
Facebook Group Created by Non Pacem
There is now a facebook group dedicated to this issue. Anyone contact the press on this? I'm sure Digital River and Microsoft will come up with a solution REAL QUICK if the press gets hold of how they are screwing college students out of money.
October 23rd 09 02:30 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post

From The