Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
32 bit Vista on 64 bit machine by 3putt in coastal SC
I've just purchased a new computer and the system is telling me that Vista OS is the 32 bit version on a MD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 4400+. Was the manufacturer cutting corners by not installing the 64 bit Vista? And does this present any problems on system performance?
May 29th 08 03:29 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
4 241
question about language setup of window vista premium by 4nimefr3ak
i have a friend that wanna buy a toshiba laptop. model TOSHIBA Satellite A135-S4527. however he cannot read english. so my question is will the system be able to change the language from english to chinese? do i need to install additional language to do that? is the recovery disc provide by toshiba have include extra language just like the system disc on the retail market?
June 8th 07 01:41 AM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 164
VISTA & MS-OFFICE 2007 HIGHLY COMPRESSED[4MB] by 4u
Description: Two Major product M!cr0s0ft that compressed very extreme. For extracting Office 2007, install beforehand KGB Archiver that existed in zip archive, and for vista can be direct burn uses Alcohol 120% or tool that of a kind.. Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/105253912/Vista___MS-Office.rar
April 7th 08 07:01 AM
by 4u Go to last post
0 228
Antique 1912-1949 Porcelain teapot 528 chinaware 400£¬ invitation visit by 518
Chinese antique, wonderful treasure big collection £¬invitation visit Antique 1912-1949 Porcelain teapot 528 chinaware 400£¬ invitation visit Thanks £¡ Jianxiong Xu City Shengzhou Zhejiang China Tel:£¨86-575£©83103731 Website:http://www.xjx588.com
August 31st 07 04:17 AM
by 518 Go to last post
0 146
CopyProfile fails by 541648
CopyProfile fails during the specialize phase, it says that _FindLastProfile failed with error 0x8070030. I ran sysprep /quiet /generalize /oobe /unattend:file that specifies CopyProfile to true Everything was executed on the default Administrator account what's going on here, how can I fix this?
July 16th 08 03:27 PM
by pamulli Go to last post
4 196
Microsoft Outlook on Windows Vista changed e-mail by 64mehope
Hello, I am having a little trouble in setting up my new e-mail. I was using the Provider (Telus) for Internet for several years. Just recently, I have changed Providers (Shaw Cable) due to lower cost! When I got to Making the e-mail accounts, it all looks right (I even talked with the techs @ Shaw Cable 1st), however, when I test it, it fails. I am having to us my Shaw webmail, or my...
November 7th 08 05:43 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 357
Vista boot problem by 64User
hi i just finished building my pc a few days ago and i installed vista x64 on it. when loading i got the bsod which turned out to be too much ram i just took half of it out and then it was fine. but last night i installed itunes 64 bit and now when i turn my pc on i to the green loading bar then i get a bsod lots of message errors. such as STOP:...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 10th 08 12:26 AM
by Jack Go to last post
15 496
error message installing vista basic by 70sdiver
windows failed to load because because the system registry file is missing or corrupt.Im trying to in stall on a new ide hard drive.The mb is an msi ms_6712 ver. 10a. 768 megs of ddr 400 corsair 128 nvidia fx5200.Vista loads the first set of drivers and the I recieve the error message windows failed to start this may be caused by a recent software of hardware...
March 17th 07 01:44 AM
by 70sdiver Go to last post
0 167
Bootloader Error by 737Best
Hey Everyone, I am having a bit of a problem with my computer. I just got a new HP 2159m to replace my Viewsonic 2025wm that broke. My old monitor was running off of a dvi to vga converter and then through a vga cable to the monitor from the back of my nVidia 8800gtx. Vista was running completely fine and I decided to shut it down to install my new monitor (to try to avoid headaches). I shut...
June 14th 09 03:26 AM
by 737Best Go to last post
1 209
Gaming and Joystick Compatability by 737driver
I've recently installed Windows Vista and when I try to play some of my older games such as MS Flight Sim 98 the game will play but with the keyboard only. I can not get the older games to recognize my usb MS Precision 2 joystick. Newer games such as Flight Sim 2004 will work and recognize the joystick. These older games did work on my old computer with XP. Is there something I can do...
February 18th 07 03:22 AM
by 737driver Go to last post
2 209
Slow file copying/transfer by 737driver
I recently bought a new dual processor AMD HP computer which has Windows Vista. I installed MS Flight Sim 2004 and tried to transfer some aircraft files that I have backed up on an external USB connected Hard Drive. When I drag an airplane file of lets say 15 mb I get an information window popping up calculating the time for transfer and it keeps coming up with a ridiculously long time of...
May 22nd 07 12:41 AM
by Puffnstuff Go to last post
3 178
Windows xp 32 bit to windows vista 65 bit by 7hm
Is it possible to go from windows 32 bit to windows vista 64 bit in a clean install or do i need to previously have windows xp 64 bit?
April 25th 07 12:39 AM
by Rock Go to last post
5 215
Passes Ugrade Advisor, Fails Install by 92869
Trying to install Vista Ultimate upgrade over XP Pro. System is new. Assembled since the first of the year, with the intention of running Vista. Configuration as follows: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+, in an ECS NFORCE4M-A motherboard ( CPU and MB purchased as a unit from Fry's), 2GB PC6400 RAM, EVGA e-GeForce 7600 GT video card, 2 ea WD Raptor SATA 74GB 10000 RPM hard drives running in RAID...
February 18th 07 07:20 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
3 216
Another VISTA 64 Install Thread... by 95wildtt
Trying to Install VISTA Ultimate 64 on my new machine... I have a 64 bit only OEM disc, purchased from Fry's... Intel DQ965GF Intel Core 2 Quad (6600) CPU 2.4GHz 4 GB DDR2-800 DRAM (Corsair XMS) 2 x Maxtor 500GB SATA-2 HDD 1 x Samsung DVD Drive (SATA) -There is nothing else installed in the system...
May 17th 07 09:21 AM
by Freakant Go to last post
2 219
installation hell vista by 97 to 2003
I brought windows vista home edition upgrade, to upgrade my windows media center 2005 During installation the install program stated that I must have windows vista premium edition to upgrade Or do a new installation, I did not want to wipe out my hard drive so I cancelled the installation and Went online to get purchase windows vista premium edition which will upgrade
May 29th 07 10:39 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 117
product codes by 98 Guy
Hot-text wrote: I have 6 new Windows 98 in the BOX not been open. I have a few of those, and I also have several years of MSDN cd's from the 1998 - 2003 time frame, which includes all versions of win-95 and 98g and se. I also have a few hundred win-98g and se product keys (that have never been published on the internet).
November 27th 08 11:22 PM
by 98 Guy Go to last post
0 195
Setting Word 07 as default: problems by 98melvillej
When I try to change word as the default problem my computer won't let me. It has recommended programs: adobe reader, wordpad, works etc but no word. So I browse find word, click on it and it goes back to the previous place but word still not there. Same thing happens when i go into the set associations section. Any help would be greatly apprieciated. --
June 21st 09 08:48 PM
by mimi77 Go to last post
7 295
group policy ediitor by A
Is this not in Home Premium? I type gpedit.msc in Run and it gives me an error message saying it can't be found. As an alternative, how do I remove the Google search pane from the right hand side of IE 7? I use the address bar to search with Google and the search box just takes up space. Thanks. --
February 5th 07 02:50 PM
by Dave R. Go to last post
1 127
come and go sound after install by A
Sometimes the sound works, the another time I log on it doesn't. Just gone, nothing. No System sounds, no Media Player sound, nothing. None of the sound test icons are grayed out, there's just no sound. Help? Thanks, John
February 23rd 07 07:14 AM
by A Go to last post
7 252
phantom new user in Home Premium by A
After it installed, it added another user to the login screen with my name, but some unknown password that no matter what I put in there, it says it's wrong. Bad thing is, it tries to automatically log in using that identity. Then I have to Switch User every time. Where do I get rid of this? Thanks,
January 31st 07 10:52 AM
by A Go to last post

From The