Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista Ultimate Upgrade or clean install from XP Pro by ukadamwest
I running XP Pro SP1 and have just purchased Ultimate X64 full version, and want to do an upgrade so hat i dont loose and have to reinstall all my installed software. I have purchased a full version of Vista Ultimate X64, does this have the option to perform an upgrade install, or should i have purchased an upgrade version of it instead ??
May 24th 07 11:13 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
2 208
Stop error message received when installing Vista by Benmc_
I'm upgrading from Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 to Vista Home Premium. When Vista attempts to load for the first time, I receive the following message: Stop: 0x00000024 0x001904AB 0x97EED8FC 0x97EE05F8 0x8197BE21
May 24th 07 10:01 PM
by Benmc_ Go to last post
0 173
Need "desperate" help with file transfer!! by Lucyloo
Hi everyone, Am needed alot of help as am not very good at computers and need this problem resolving in the next few days!! i bought a new laptop yesterday and when with the guy i asked how i could transfer my files, the guy showed me the belkin "easy transfer cable" and oh did he make it sound sooooo easy!!! My old computer has Windows xp ..... and my new one has vista. So i got home, and...
May 24th 07 08:12 PM
by AJR Go to last post
3 196
User login issue by John
Hi I installed vista. It asked me to enter a username at start and I chose John. I then wanted to login as administrator but unlike xp I couldn't find a way to make it display a login screen at start. So I deleted the user john. When I logged off I did get the option to login as another user. I tried Administrator and no password but that did not work. I then tried to login as John but...
May 24th 07 05:43 PM
by Kim Go to last post
7 158
"Can not connect to network drive" by Wizard
XP/Vista Dual boot system. This system has 3 hard drives with each OS on a separate drive. Upon every boot I get a message lower right that says "Can not connect to network drive". I click it and it opens up My Computer to show me all my drives. All there. I am not connected to a network. This is a stand alone system. Can anyone tell me what this is all about?
May 24th 07 01:58 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
1 194
Vista Home Basic 'upgrade' to Vista Ultimate (full version) by Maddison
Greetings, I live in Australia and currently use Vista Home Basic (OEM version from DELL, new PC). I am planning to change to Vista Ultimate - I did not purchase the 'upgrade' version, but the full version. This cannot be changed. I am curious on how I change the OS to Ultimate. Can I easily upgrade with the Ultimate disc or do I have to do a clean install or does anyone know of what I...
May 24th 07 09:54 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 166
Trouble Logging in. by Japhar Jenkins
I've successfully recovered a new sony vaio to it's factory default because my father sent it to his nephew in Thailand. Now he's having a problem logging in at the startup. Can anyone help me. We've tried using the admin password, and admin blank, I'm lost now. Also tried creating a random name and password, and nothing. can anyone help?
May 24th 07 08:16 AM
by Mr. Arnold Go to last post
3 215
OEM Vista question by Master P
hi all, I received my upgrade dvd from moduslink today and i have a question. I want to do a Clean Install on my system, and I want to know if the DVD includes all the drivers for my system. and if it does i think i can just install it without worying with the "Load Driver" thing etc etc in the installation setup. right? is there anything else in need to do or know before installing vista...
May 24th 07 02:38 AM
by peter Go to last post
3 185
Vista install won't run under XP by Karl
Hello, I'm trying to install Vista Ultimate as an upgrade to XP Pro. I've tried to launch the install routine under XP SP1 and SP2. In both cases the install routine tells me it can't run under this operating system and that I need to boot from the CD. However, if I boot from the CD the upgrade option is disabled. Can anyone tell me why setup won't run under either XP SP1 or SP2 - and how...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 24th 07 02:08 AM
by Rock Go to last post
11 198
Transferring files from Slave XP hard drive to new Vista Hard drive - primary by [email protected]
I am having no luck moving music, pics etc. from a XP hard drive to a Vista hard drive. I had a common issue, computer failed and tryingto salvage data to the new drive. Is there anything that works? Tried changing permission on files, folders and drive. It will copy the folder structure then wont move the files. NO permission. Any ideas?
May 24th 07 01:46 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 190
Minimum Requirements by Idunno
I have a question, I have 2 PCs with XP Pro, one with a 256mb GE Force video card and the other with a S3 Savage 32mb Video card... Can I Install Vista Ultimate on the PC with a 32mb Video Card?
May 24th 07 01:32 AM
by Idunno Go to last post
3 153
Dual boot on a Pre-installed Vista by vistanewbie
Hello, I bought this laptop which came pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium. I use this laptop for both business and personal. Some of my personal training softwares aren't available for Vista, so I decided to install XP Home as a dual boot, and every time I try to install XP, I get the following error. A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your...
May 24th 07 01:24 AM
by vistanewbie Go to last post
3 137
vista key by drumstick
i bought a hp notebook with vista already installed 2 months ago. now im getting a disk error read and need to reinstall vista. but they didnt give me any kind of recovery disks, and i didnt make one either. i was wondering if i can download a copy of vista, and if i can use the product key thats on my notebook?
May 24th 07 12:51 AM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
5 170
Vista installation has frozen my laptop by den
Successfully installed/validated Vista Premium on brand new Sony viao laptop and all working well. I can open the desktop and the cursor is free to roam but I cant access any programs. Get message "file system error (-1073741502) or left clicking on it doesnt do anything, nor does right clicking on "open" -- drusty
May 23rd 07 09:15 PM
by Mr. Arnold Go to last post
1 145
Can I install vista on a new computer after it's been activated? by Ben
If I install vista on my current machine, and then in a year or so build a new machine (scrapping the old one, not re-selling it w/ vista installed), am I able to activate the copy of vista on that new machine? I figure microsoft has to allow this because, it is similar to a situation I had with XP where my old machine died and I had to throw it on a new one. It worked then (no complaints...
May 23rd 07 06:58 PM
by Tim Go to last post
4 199
Windows Vista machine with screwed up IE by perry
I bought a new machine with Vista Home Premium loaded Since I had no Internet access at the time, I assumed Explorer was refusing to startup because no network was detected. Anyway I am now connected to a cable set top box via a fixed ethernet cable and I have a wireless networking capability with my old WinXP machine working properly via wireless shared Internet connection. Vista Explorer tries...
May 23rd 07 05:28 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
2 176
ACADEMIC REGISTRATION by Bob Gare
I purchased Vista Home Academic version for my son who attends a Community Collage. When I went to install It I found there is no Key number on the box. What do I use to register it?
May 23rd 07 05:27 PM
by Bob Gare Go to last post
1 131
Academic version by Bob Gare
I purchased Vista Home Academic version for my son who attends a Community Collage. When I went to install It I found there is no Key number on the box. What do I use to register it?
May 23rd 07 05:26 PM
by Bob Gare Go to last post
2 145
Absolutely MUST install via Battery - Help please? by Dec!mus
Hello, Im currently running Vista Ultimate Beta Edition. My Beta will run out in about 9 days. I bought Windows Vista Business Edition at my bookstore. (for 75$ because of the microsft student discount) It wont let upgrade when booting from the disc, instead wants to do a clean install. When installing from within vista, it warns me that I cannot install via
May 23rd 07 10:49 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 170
Activaton of a upgrade using a clean install by doubledragon5
I purchased Home Premium upgrade, because the store I purchased it from ran out of the full version.. Because I'm not ready to boot XP I decided to do a clean install of Vista on my second harddrive.. Put when I went to activate it it said something like the license is for upgrade not a clean install.. Why has microsoft did away with the ability to do a clean install with the upgrade version...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 23rd 07 04:38 AM
by Rock Go to last post

From The