Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
How to reinstall windows vista without removing programs installed by sharif_aly
I do not have reinstall option on CD of windows vista, and i have found major problems after i do system restore, I just need to upgrade or doing something to reinstall windows on same folder as CD gives me new installation no upgrade, And i want replace installation to replace files and install windows again and keeping updates and upgrades i done to the windows. also, to keep software...
July 7th 09 09:57 AM
by Jig Saw Go to last post
2 188
How can I uninstall Vista SP1 RC1 by Help Me!
Whenever I attempt to uninstall the Vista SP1, it gives me the error "vista sp1 service pack did not uninstall. reverting changes". I cannot do a clean install as the only media I have is a Express Upgrade Disk...please help!
July 7th 09 04:55 AM
by Dr. V Go to last post
2 229
NETIO.SYS causes stop error by Bradwin
I am attempting to upgrade Vista Home Premium, OEM Installation, on a Sony VI AO NS20 laptop. When the installation program gets to the final set up stages (Select automatic updates and time zone) the restart that occurs following this is stopped by a stop error indicating the IRQ IS NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL and lists NETIO.SYS as the program causing the error. Vista Home Premium does not...
July 7th 09 01:59 AM
by Bradwin Go to last post
0 164
Does vista install erase hard disk? by granola
I have installed vista upgrade as a trial version (the so called clean install loophole), hoping that I can move my files etc. to the vista machine and then run install again to enter my key and authenticate the machine. When I run install again, will it allow me to keep the files I have put on the disk, or will it wipe the partition? --
July 7th 09 12:05 AM
by granola Go to last post
0 154
easy transfer licensing and vista upgrade by granola
I have a computer running 32 bit xp pro, and I want to "upgrade" to another computer running 64 bit vista ultimate. After I've moved everything to the new computer, I will format the drives on the old computer. I'm confused about how to proceed, since I have 1 license for a windows OS, but moving to another computer means there will be a brief moment when I have 2 installed windows OSs with one...
July 6th 09 11:04 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
1 161
hp pavillion desktop xp/vista? by [email protected]
I have just purchased the HP Pavillion a1730n desktop computer that comes with Vista OS installed. As I am not happy with Vista and its clumsiness and lack of compatibility issues, I desire to use Windows XP on the computer. Is it possible to remove the hard drive with the Vista installation and substitute the hard drive from the older computer that has Windows XP w/service pack 2 by placing...
July 6th 09 06:52 PM
by eggyineggsile[_3_] Go to last post
9 205
Vista Startup Fail IDK What happened by sn1p3r5296[_3_]
Alright so this is the problem ever since i installed the windows service pack 1, my PC started to crash in startup, when I restarted my computer this is what happened the boot up stuffs first appeared then after the Microsoft Corporation Loading instead the windows logo with sound will appear nothing will then after 5-10 seconds this is what will appear: All black then this is the text !!...
July 6th 09 06:45 AM
by sn1p3r5296[_3_] Go to last post
0 163
MSCONGIG Question by neil154
I am running Vista 64 and installed a program which apparently had a virus or I got it using IE8. I found an entry in the start up tab that was causing a problem. I went into the registry and deleted the item from the startup tab and I also disabled it in the startup tab. The startup tab still shows the item even though it is disabled and deleted from the registry. Why does it still show...
July 5th 09 08:14 PM
by neil154 Go to last post
4 193
Need Help: Error 1406 during Office Repair - Registry Error.jpg (0/1) by [email protected]
I tried to do a repair for office 2007 and got the following error see attachment. I have tried several registry repair programs but none seem to be able to fix the problem. Does anyone have a solution to this problem. I have uninstalled Office, rebooted, reinstalled Office then got the error during the reinstall. After the reinstall I applied SP2 and then tried KB963665 fix but got the error...
July 5th 09 07:22 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
3 159
Vista Service Packs by Rebecca
I just reinstalled my Windows Vista Home Premium, and went through the ordeal of updating (almost 100 updates last night). When I click on Windows Update now it says that Vista is up to date. But I don't see any indication that any service packs have been installed. By the way, how many service packs are there for Vista, and do they have to be installed sequentially: that you, you must...
July 5th 09 03:43 PM
by Louie Pham Go to last post
6 192
Problem sync ipaq with outlook 2007 on vista by chief30
Ive installed on my laptop that is running Vista, Outlook 2007 so that I can sync my wifes Ipaq pocket pc to the calender through windows mobile media due to problems weve had sync-ing with active sync 4.5 on XP (ive upgrated in effect to resolve the issue) or so I thought. The ipaq tick boxes come up to show items that can be sync-d but it keeps coming up with "error in sync". Has anyone else...
July 5th 09 11:16 AM
by chief30 Go to last post
0 143
Upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 by Rebecca
Greetings. I just finished reinstalling Vista Home Premium (had no choice), and will buy Windows 7 once it is available. My questions: 1) will I be able to install Windows 7 over my Vista Home Premium, without having to reinstall all my software, and 2) if I went from 32-bit to 64-bit, would I have to do a complete reinstall? Thank you.
July 5th 09 09:53 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 118
Problem after Installing Windows service pack 1 by sn1p3r5296
Alright so this is how it starts, I installed the windows service pack 1, then after installing It says restart your computer, so i restart it, then after the Acer logo display and all that there will come out: IF POWER WAS INTERRUPTED WHEN WINDOWS WAS SHUTTING DOWN, START WINDOWS NORMALLY /Repair auto something (Recomended) So i chose recomended repair then after repairing it says...
July 5th 09 05:01 AM
by sn1p3r5296[_2_] Go to last post
1 158
How to completely move my documents off of the C: drive by IkithME
I've been curious about this before with vista. I remember theres a way through group policy to move my documents to a network location but I was wondering if there was a way to do it on the same computer? I have an SSD that I want to put my Whole user folder onto for faster read times but I don't know exactly how to do this through local policy. If there is a way can someone help me out?...
July 4th 09 10:09 PM
by IkithME Go to last post
0 125
Can't reboot after fail by acupps
I've experienced crashes a few times over the three years I've had my current computer. I upgraded to Vista from XP about two years ago; and, about a year ago had to reinstall and reformat the computer after a system crash. The error message I am getting now is similar to the one I got a year ago when the system failed. However, this time, I simply cannot interface with the computer. The...
July 4th 09 02:35 PM
by kword88 Go to last post
1 166
Clean Re-install Vista Problem on Dell Laptop by 10201997
Computer == Dell Inspiron 1520 System DVD == Window Vista Home Edition (distribute by Dell) I need wipe off entire C drive and perform a clean install Vista over current installed Vista. Here is the steps I went through and had problem finally: 1. I boot up with Vista Home Edition DVD;
July 4th 09 12:44 AM
by 10201997 Go to last post
4 177
No option for Vista at start up by mq15
I was using Windows Vista on my laptop. Then I installed WindowsXp on a separate drive. I expected my system to be a dual boot system but it shows no option for Windows Vista at start up. Please guide me. Regards -- mq15
July 3rd 09 03:17 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
4 172
SP2 freezes during installation by Luciano
Hi, I have Home Premium SP1 on a Dell Dimension 9200 machine. I downloaded SP2 from Windows Update and during installation, the process freezes with the following message: !!OXCO190036!! 279614590 (WAB32.DLL). The middle set of digits changes everytime I try to reinstall SP2. I did not deactivate my antivirus program before installing but I did use the Vista Update Readiness Tool to no avail.
July 3rd 09 12:10 PM
by torque153 Go to last post
5 179
booting inactive vista by mohsen
Hello I turned DEP off by reading at vistax64 forum. when i rebooted, a big problem raised. windows vista ( home premium ) crashed to continue. i selected safe mode and other F8 choices...but still problem is there. then I used Vista DVD to repair startup...problem not solved. I used system restore...but not worked.
July 3rd 09 07:59 AM
by mohsen Go to last post
0 124
Partition Issue (Adding Vista x64 to Vista x32 1TB Drive) by AricCougar
Partition Issue (Adding Vista x64 to Vista x32 1TB Drive) My 1TB drive is set up as follows: C: Vista x32 IE7 + VMwares 300GB (Primary) D: Vista x32 IE8 50GB (Primary) E: XP IE6 50GB (Primary) F: XP IE7 50GB (Extended) G: XP IE8 50GB (Extended) H: Win7 IE8 50GB (Extended)
July 3rd 09 03:20 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post

From The