Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Does anyone how to extract only vista from a HP FACTORY_IMAGE? by jbcourt
::I want to install vista on a custom built PC and want to take vista from a FACTORY_IMAGE installed on a different PC?:: -- jbcourt
June 21st 09 07:14 AM
by roy69[_196_] Go to last post
2 259
BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit by theAM
I currently have XP Home edition installed, and am trying to do a clean install Vista Business x64 edition. It boots from the DVD fine, and goes through the first couple of loading screens, and then instead of doing the language screen it enters a BSoD. It displays "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" and "STOP: 0x0000003B" In the past I've also gotten \"STOP 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 21st 09 04:45 AM
by theAM Go to last post
12 467
Windows Vista (7) Autoattend installation by Karel
Hi, im trying to prepare complete autoattend installation file for installing clients with Vista and 7 and i canĀ“t go over a SKU selection screen, which appears every time. In general, that means, that some user has to be during the installation at the PC to select a confirm SKU edition selection. I am using Windows 2008 Server with WDS and i prepare a autoattend,xml file with AIK 2.0....
June 20th 09 09:39 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 234
copying install hdd by xenobar
Hi. I'm not usre if I am posting this in the right section of the vista boards or not but.... I want to upgrade my hdd that I have Vista installed on. Is it possible to use xxcopy(or similar type software) and copy all files form my current install hdd to the hdd I want to replace it with? I am trying to avoid having to re-install my OS, office, games, software, etc.
June 20th 09 08:03 PM
by nickolastd21 Go to last post
5 342
AMD Phenom X4 replaces X2 chip by James
I have an Asus M2A-VM HDMI motherboard in my home theater system. I just upgraded the CPU (to X4) & BIOS (to 2302). My initial problem after the upgrade was the BSOD in 32-bit Vista blaming the file "amdlld.sys." I booted into safe mode and renamed the amdlld.sys file. Now the machine boots up fine with no BSOD. * My question is: is there any Microsoft Vista 32bit system files needed for...
June 20th 09 05:18 PM
by nomore Go to last post
3 317
Where Vista keeps boot log, if any? by Jack
I need to check the moment Vista stopped booting. Booting it in safe mode I can see crcdisk.sys as the last driver loaded and the window freezes. I cannot find any bootlog. What Vista loads next after crcdisk.sys? How to bypass that step? I used already installation disk in repair mode. Some repairs were done but that is not enough. Jack
June 20th 09 03:39 PM
by charliehvista Go to last post
9 439
Vista Clock by Brian G
Hi since loading my new machine with Vista Home premium 32bit the clock reverts to its original time every time i switch off. I have replaced the internal battery with no effect. Can anyone help. -- Brian G
June 20th 09 03:35 PM
by Badger[_3_] Go to last post
1 273
Need drivers for installing Vista by mattfree99
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7910/vista1.gif] When I get to this point the computer does not locate any drivers. Where do I find the driver I need? Is this a driver for the motherboard? Thank you Matt -- mattfree99
June 19th 09 08:29 PM
by spyk3 Go to last post
3 281
after vista SP2 all shortcut icons changed by gun
Program icons are ok, but shortcut icons changed to smaller white background with a much smaller icon in the center. What gives?
June 19th 09 06:21 PM
by gun Go to last post
7 346
VIsta SP1 fails to install - after trying remedies by John L[_3_]
Vista Ultimate - Win SBS R2 Domain member Symantec Anti-virus Corporate edition ISA firewall client I have 2 vista systems on my small home network. I tried the push update of SP1 and it failed and I tried the downloaded SP1 and it failed with the usual error codes. I wnet through KB947366 and actually got the long install but it failed in pass 3. My other system had no problems and is at...
June 19th 09 04:58 PM
by John L[_3_] Go to last post
6 241
Vista Premium SP2 to Ultimate no SP2? by peggy
Hello, I have a laptop that has Vista Home Premium 32 bit on it with the latest SP2 and all current updates. I have a retail boxed version of Vista Ultimate Upgrade that I bought a long time ago that obviously does not contain SP2. When I tried to upgrade the laptop to Ultimate is says, "Upgrade has been disabled - the upgrade cannot be started. To upgrade, cancel the installation and then...
June 19th 09 05:24 AM
by Lex Luthor Go to last post
4 269
Windows VBscript 5.6 by dc
I had a problem loading a HP compatability file for VISTA, for my New scanner, the HP Technical person suggested I download Windows VBScript 5.6 because of the error code 2738. The instruction stated to go to Microsoft and download this file for your computer. Their is not a VBScript 5.6 for Vista only for XP, 2000, 98 and the like. Will downloading the file for XP cause any problems for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 18th 09 02:31 PM
by Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP Go to last post
10 492
Right click pic to send email doesn't work by Likeminds
Have Office Pro 07 installed. Outlook is my email client. When I right click in Windows Explorer or Photo Gallery and select Send To or EMAIL respectively, the dialog box to resize the photo appears and I can select a different size. However, when I click the attach button, the wizard closes, and the Outlook new message page does NOT appear. I have searched C:/ and there is no sign of a resized...
June 18th 09 01:23 PM
by nso5300 Go to last post
3 280
Installing Vista Bluescreen Error by Wolfgarrex
Hello, Whilst installing a fresh vista onto my computer which has nothing else on it, it gets to the expanding files part of the installation then crashes and gives me a whole lot of pop up errors and then gives a bluescreen message 'STOP: 0000000xa'. I have no clue what to do so any and every help is appreciated. -- Wolfgarrex
June 18th 09 09:30 AM
by Philfyy Go to last post
1 247
mouse problem by Guilligan[_2_]
Hy! I've downloaded a tune-up maintenance program witch i dont remember witch one, and in this program there was a mouse configuration choice, and i inlarge the cursor by 3 witch make it square and i dont have to click on mouse button to change window only point at it, witch i would like to rectifie it because it very buggin and i un-install the software but cant find it anymore. there must be a...
June 18th 09 12:19 AM
by JEWboy Go to last post
2 213
Stop : 0x0000003b System Service Exception by dd_dpa
Hello I just did a clean install of windows vista x64 and the only thing i had installed was firefox, my linksys adapter and kaspersky. Afterwards I got a BSOD with the subject line. I had this problem constantly previously which made me preform a clean install hoping I could isolate or even rid myself of the problem. I have test my ram I have 6gb but Vista only recognized 2gb after install. I...
June 17th 09 11:40 PM
by dd_dpa Go to last post
2 247
Vista service pack 2 failed with code 0x8004402f cannot install sp2.solution here.. by Joe Code
hello, first try to install sp2 failed on a vista business x64 with sp1. got error code 8004402f. looking for this code but found some 8004xxxx on ms support sites. then attempted all solutions from ms support, but still same failure on next boot, system was undoing and rollback sp2, because of failure. also doing a SFC /SCANNOW and looking for CBS.log for any problems.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 17th 09 06:46 PM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
10 495
Computer crash by Mellowed[_2_]
I'm writing this in Safe mode. I built computer in 2/07. Running perfect until now. OS Vista Ultimate SP1 Video card ASUS EN7950GT GeForce 7950 GT 512M MotherBd Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 2GB RAM Cannot boot in full mode. Splash screen had vertical lines. If it gets to the desktop it will reboot. Can get into Safe Mode.
June 17th 09 04:47 PM
by Mellowed[_2_] Go to last post
6 254
Installation Hangs at "Completing installation" by Noah2315
Hello. I am trying to clean install Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. If you read my other post, I got around the blue screen about page in non paged area. I got the bad ram stick out and got a new one for my computer. (Toshiba Satillite) And I install it and it goes good until completing installation then it hangs. I need help...
June 16th 09 08:57 PM
by Manny Weisbord Go to last post
3 251
Adding NON boot critical drivers in Pass 2 offlineServicing vs Pass 5auditSystem for Microsoft-Windows-PnpCustomizationsNonWinPE component? by UNL | TRIO | IT Support
Hello, I am creating an answer file for unattended Windows Vista SP1 installation. If I add a non-boot critical driver (say a video card driver) during Pass 2 offlineServicing for the Microsoft-Windows- PnpCustomizationsNonWinPE component; will this driver be added to the Windows driver store and be persistent even after the PE phase and installation is done?
June 16th 09 06:21 PM
by UNL | TRIO | IT Support Go to last post

From The