Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows Aero is missing by churin
Windows Aero is missing from a list of Appearance Settings/Color Scheme. What would be the cause of this? Hardware configuration is Athlon 2400+/1.5GB RAM/nVidia GForce 6200 with 256MB(AGP 8X).
June 12th 09 02:52 AM
by Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP Go to last post
8 272
A single DVD that contains Windows PE 2.1 and Vista SP1 by Mazzaroc
HI I should create a DVD that contains Windows PE 2.1 and Vista SP1 and make sure that Windows PE is always started when I do boot from this DVD. So how do I make this DVD? THANKS
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 12th 09 02:29 AM
by Ray Luca Go to last post
10 490
Vista wont install (no setup menu) by Dopekitten
I have the same problem, exactly. Was this ever solved? -- Dopekitten
June 12th 09 01:36 AM
by Dopekitten Go to last post
0 216
Vista wont install (no setup menu) by Dopekitten
I have the same problem, exactly. Was this ever solved? -- Dopekitten
June 11th 09 11:01 PM
by Dopekitten Go to last post
0 229
hardisk problem by sedhuait
hi ds is sedhu http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b64600bcb7.jpg in d above link i had given a screenshot. i got to harddisk 1.160gb segate sata 2.1tb segate sata in tat pic ,it shows it is unreadable. how to overcome tat,pls help me
June 11th 09 02:28 PM
by sedhuait Go to last post
0 259
How can I tell what's running to stop Hibernation of hard drives? by Sandy Wood
I've got one Vista system that won't put it's drives into Hibernation unless I manually force it. Is there any easy way to see what's stopping Hibernation from kicking in automatically? -- Sandy Wood Orange County District Attorney
June 11th 09 01:01 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 236
Programs will not uninstall by Margy
I started by trying to uninstall Norton's Anti-Virus 2008. This would not work from Control Panel, so I downloaded Norton's Removal Tool. When I double click on the setup icon Vista asked the permissions - I click OK then it just fizzles out. I thought this was a Norton's problem, but nothing else wants to uninstall. I have just tried a system restore and that does exactly the same thing -...
June 9th 09 05:42 PM
by Margy Go to last post
1 238
Installing Vista from a .WIM file using imagex by ibit-matt
I have just started to learn the 70-622 exam and I am coming up against a problem. This is when I have done so far. 1. Created a WindowsPE boot disk 2. created a virtual machine (Vista1) and installed vista business. 3. Ran sysprep on the vista business installation 4. I then booted into the windowsPE disk and used imagex to capture an image of Vista1
June 9th 09 03:16 PM
by ibit-matt Go to last post
1 245
Vista SP2 install broke my NIC drivers by MikeCTIDTaylor
I have the following incident logged with Mirosoft Tech Support who seem incapable of giving me any technical support. Please can anyone help with this? My Thinkpad T61 was installed with SP1 and was upto date in terms of patches, and crucially was working fine..... I installed SP2 (taking the download updates option), following the reboot neither my onboard NIC nor my wireless adapter will...
June 8th 09 05:00 PM
by Tae Song Go to last post
2 236
Reinstall not working for Vista Home Prem. by tikiman
Howdy, I have windows vista home premium 32 bit. Its on a dell inspiron (a laptop which is a little over a year old). Recently I had to reformat it due to clutter and possible Trojans on my hard drive. However I cant seem to get the thing to boot. -I put in widows vista cd and boot from that -then hit "install now" -and choose the "custom" option (not upgrade)
June 8th 09 01:04 PM
by tikiman Go to last post
4 267
Re-Activating Vista by rynem
I factory reset my computer and tried to re-activate Vista with the product key at the side of my computer, but it tells me the key is already in use. I have 30 days to activate it, what should I do? Will phone activation fix this issue? -- rynem
June 7th 09 09:11 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 247
Failed to install Vista 64bit SP2, gives me Error code 800B0100 by Zefar
Ok, every time I try to install Service Pack 2 for Vista 64Bit Business edition I keep getting the "Code 800B0100 error". Now I have looked on the other threads that pop up but it's either for Beta edition of SP2 or SP1. It's also for Windows XP or either 32 Bit. Not to mention they are quite old most of them. So my PC is an P5Q Pro,
June 7th 09 01:37 PM
by Tae Song Go to last post
6 262
Your thoughts: moving user data folder to a different partition by Idena
Greetings. I have purchased a new desktop (a 64 bit Dell XPS 430) that will come with a Vista Home Premium. The desktop will have one user. I plan to partition its HD using a tool like pmagic. Partition C will have the OS. The new partition D will be for user data. I would like to move the /user folder that contains users files (e.g., documents, audio, video, downloads, etc) to the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 7th 09 05:38 AM
by petedavo[_5_] Go to last post
13 465
Volume images of boot.wim file by Mazzaroc
HI Someone explain to me what are the two volume images included in the boot.wim file of the DVD of Vista SP1? What is the first volume image that is started when the DVD of Vista SP1 is running the boot? THANKS
June 6th 09 07:36 PM
by Mazzaroc Go to last post
0 223
Help! Vista initial instal by Raiku
So I just bought a new gaming tower. Zoostorm.. something or other, lol. Anywway not my problem. The paper which came with it was all such a mess, basically we went for the manual and read it-- not that it helped, it didn't tell us what two of the cables that came with it were.. one of them has Nvidia on it and RGB adapters and a thing to go into the computer like PS2 mouse and keyboards...
June 6th 09 04:32 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 242
Windows Easy? File Transfer--Has Anyone gotten it to work? by davej
I got directions for this with my new PC & from the Microsoft website. In one of their few areas of consistency, both said I needed to install WET on the old XP computer, which I did by downloading form the MS website. On my first attempt, my new computer said the files created on my portable hard disk by my old computer running WET could not be read. They had be copied as read only and...
June 6th 09 04:27 AM
by davej Go to last post
5 252
error 0x8007005 Access Denied by John[_28_]
64 bit windows home premium Get this error when trying to set a restore. It at least looks like I have ownership of c: with all the permissions. On permission, "Special permissions," is listed but not checked. What now? John
June 5th 09 10:11 PM
by John[_28_] Go to last post
1 215
Error in SDT Enlarge Check - Vista Boot Error - Hep Required by Maven000
Hello, guys when i boot my computer after the Intel screen show up i see this error couple of times. Once i inserted Vista DVD boot my pc from it and did repair but it said no problem found then i did Memory Diagnostics and my PC went ok. When second time i counter this error i just restarted my pc and it went away Today again i got this error and it went away after performing Memory Diagnostics.
June 5th 09 11:36 AM
by Maven000 Go to last post
1 242
Wipe Home Premium 64 bit - reinstall XP by slowpokey
My co-worker bought a new toshiba laptop with Vista Home Premium 64 bit. It is not compatible with our remote access system which is why she bought the pc to begin with. I tried to start the installation with the XP installation CD but it won't allow me to start the process. I figured out how to wipe the HD but when it still won't boot from the XP CD. I used the recovery disk to reinstall Vista...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 5th 09 03:10 AM
by slowpokey Go to last post
14 445
HP Recovery discs by Jim537
Background; I have a HP Pavilion dv5-1004nr laptop that failed and was set back to HP. The fix was system board and hard drive replacement and of course, they re-installed the OS. Since getting the device back I have had issues getting it back to where it was before it failed. The last issue was a problem getting my Samsung SyncMaster external monitor to display properly. After several emails...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 5th 09 12:40 AM
by Jim537 Go to last post

From The