Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Creating a disk Image for recovery by brush-head[_2_]
Hi there I bought a Toshiba with Vista Home Premium about 8 months ago. I created the recovery disks & of course that gets me back to the point I took the machine out of the box. I'd really like to produce my own disks or an image - presumably they are the same? But of course covering my system as it stands to cover all the changes with installed software, customisation etc. Anyone got any...
June 4th 09 08:15 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 231
Switch User by David Morris
When I try to switch user the computer just hangs and has to be re-booted. Has anyone any idea how I can resolve this?
June 4th 09 03:43 PM
by David Morris Go to last post
0 225
if I don't install SP2? by Timothy Daniels[_6_]
I have been unable to install Vista's SP2. Otherwise, the system runs fine and all previous updates have been installed. Will the system be lacking something if I just continue with normal updates? *TimDaniels*
June 4th 09 11:54 AM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
8 297
slipstreaming sp2 into windows vista by raj1402
what s the available method to slip stream windows vista sp2 standalone pack to windows vista(sp1) vlite is not supporting slipstreaming of sp2!!! is there any other apps software?? i dont want to do it by simple command just want to know a software that can slipstream standalone sp2 into windows vista
June 4th 09 12:34 AM
by Trax1963[_3_] Go to last post
5 396
Vista SP2 install problems by Dracher
First off let me say that I'm in a very rural area that only has dialup so downloading an update of this size took me about 17 hours. I downloaded the SP2 using the Updates and yet when I try to install it I get to "3 of 3" and gets to 100% but then stops there for a couple minutes and then gives me a message of: Service Pack Did Not Install. Reverting Changes I'm currently running Vista Home...
June 3rd 09 07:02 PM
by tom Go to last post
9 322
Vista SP2: Win Update or executable installer? by ELW[_2_]
This was posted elsewhere, sorry. I have a fairly slow broadband connection (1 mbps) but barely good enough for downloading Vista SP2. However, considering efficiency and reliability, would I be better off downloading the standalone installer (using another faster connection elsewhere) and bringing the download on a flash drive to my computer? Is this standalone installer much bigger,...
June 3rd 09 06:24 PM
by Cody Jarrett Go to last post
6 258
Can't get my C drive to come up after install by Role
::I created a mess here and I hope someone can help me sort through it. I got vista ultimate and I wanted to set it up on my computer along with XP Pro. The Os's would be on separate hard drives. What I did was clear out an existing hard drive and cleared out the partition so it was an unpartitioned space. I shut down the computer with the boot disc in it, restarted and it seemed to install...
June 2nd 09 04:29 PM
by Role Go to last post
2 234
update re*arranges desktop icons by charles cashion
I just checked "YES" to accept a dozen updates. (some Windows, some HP). While updating, the updater re*arranged my desktop icons. Before this happens again, where is the utility that stores their position? If Windows provides that function, I cannot find it. Charles
June 2nd 09 10:07 AM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
4 264
SP2 cannot install by Timothy Daniels[_6_]
Vista service pack 2 update seemed to take forever and seemed to stop at 11% download. I shut the computer down, and then it seemed to take forever to "Configure Updates". So I shut the sucker down and went to bed. Now I can't even start the download for the SP2 update. Instead, it times out with the error code 800B0100. Microsoft's knowledge base on that error pertains to SP1 and diagnostic...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 2nd 09 04:19 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
30 855
Vista 64 machine wont boot after SP2 by athos45
Help. i cant seem to boot my Vista PC AFTER installing SP2 last night. I had my PC on Automatic Updates and it asked me to restart my PC. Instead i shutdown and went to bed. i didnt shut down the power supply because i figured it might do the install process when i shut down. This morning all i get is a black blinking screen with an error message *!! 0xc0190036 !! 4081/75104 ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 2nd 09 12:31 AM
by Noel Paton[_2_] Go to last post
13 397
Bootmgr is compressed... :( by arahman
This is for sure that its an old issue and has been quite used and abused on this and different forums. I tried to boot my laptop from the Windows Vista DVD but it just wouldn't boot. Its booting all fine from my desktop but not from my laptop. All i am getting is the bootmgr error. Its not even letting me into the BIOS. When I try to press any function keys, i get error beeps. For the hell of...
June 1st 09 09:08 PM
by arahman Go to last post
0 197
ctrl-alt-1 thru ctrl-alt-9 by charles cashion
I thought ctrl-alt-1 through ctrl-alt-9 were automatically assigned as shortcuts to the first nine items on the quick start part of the taskbar. Thank you, Charles
June 1st 09 01:37 PM
by charles cashion Go to last post
4 236
Virus, firewall, or registry problem blocking internet for windows update by KaneShade
Hello and thanks in advance for your assistance. My problem is this: Windows update is unable to download anything from the update servers. It alternates between an error that says it can't connect to the internet, and an error that says it's already installing other updates, but it is not. Additionally, AIM and Yahoo messenger will not connect. I believe these are related somehow. I use firefox...
June 1st 09 10:20 AM
by THE C. [MSFT MVP] Go to last post
2 238
need help with boot by Tomassuver
Hey there, about a week ago i installed Windiws Vista Business. i noticed a couple of times that my PC jusr restarted itself. other than that it worked fine up until last night. it all started with intenet explorer. i couldn't open any website. it said something about corrupted file. so i figured i'll give it a restart. and then the it wouldn;t boot up anymore. it says that windows failed to...
June 1st 09 10:13 AM
by THE C. [MSFT MVP] Go to last post
3 299
Button not shown to accept license when installing SP2 by riblit
I'm trying to install service pack 2, but am unable to accept the license terms and continue the installation. My only available option is cancel - the "next" button is grayed out. The window displaying the license agreement seems to be too small width-wise, as some words are cut off. I'm not even certain that it is displaying the entire agreement. The last line shown...
June 1st 09 12:14 AM
by riblit[_2_] Go to last post
2 242
Vista 64 Ultimate installation error?? Files missing? - HELP! by logansFar
I've been trying to reinstall my OS due to a power outage and my OS became extremely unstable after that. So now here I am attemting to install Vista for the third time today and I keep getting the same error message (a number string) saying that files are missing and it can't install?? The error occurs in the somewhat beginning of the installation, during the *Exanding Files *section; it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 31st 09 04:44 PM
by logansFar Go to last post
15 606
error code 80240016 by jerog01
has anyone figured out how to correct/fix this error code? I have tried about everything on my trouble shooting list but nothing works.
May 31st 09 02:01 PM
by Tae Song Go to last post
2 259
problems reformating by alwaysbroke
I recently tried to reformat my laptop. Its an Inspiron 1720 with Vista Home 32bit. I used the cd that came with the laptop and it went through everything just fine until it got to the completing instalation part and then the progress bar would stop moving and it would just sit there for a couple hours. Then it would go to black screen with a mouse pointer and stay there until I reset it. If I...
May 31st 09 01:55 PM
by Tae Song Go to last post
3 256
Constantly BSOD/Restarting After Install by dabee859
I have a Dell XPS 630 w/Quad Core CPU and 6GB of memory. I had Vista Home Premium x64 installed but that decided to start throwing WMI errors and the Internet stopped working (I have 3 othe XP Pro w/SP3 machines on the network that are working no problem) SOOOO I decided to just format and upgrade to Ultimate. Pop in the disk, format the partition, gets through the initial install all fine...
May 31st 09 01:48 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
5 352
Motherboard Swap Vista 32 bit Home Premium by zgy19
Currently have a hp pavilion a1730n with Vista 32 bit Home Premium and am wanting to upgrade the motherboard and cpu from the amd athlon 64 x2 4600 2.4ghz with a ASUS A8M2N-LA board to a amd athlon 64 x2 6000 3.0ghz with a ASRock A780GMH/128M board. Will it work ok without having to reinstall the operating system? Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
May 31st 09 01:44 PM
by Tae Song Go to last post

From The