Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista Business Upgrade Install Problem by pjscott
I have a new hard drive that I'm trying to install Vista on. After I enter the product key I get "to use the product you entered, start the installation from your existing version of Windows. I tried placing my XP pro cd in the drive but that didn't work. How do I get Vista to install? Thanks for the help,
February 22nd 07 10:00 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 205
Vista Home Basic Upgrade Setup Freezes after entering Product Key by IceHockeyJason
I have a problem. I am trying to do the upgrade to Windows Vista from Windows XP Service Pack 2. I get to the part where I have to enter my Product Key. Ok. Thats Cool. After I click it. Nothing is happening. When I hit Control , Alt and Delete to bring up the task manager I see 2 setup.exe processes running, one of which is running at 99% CPU usage. What can I do to resolve this issue? I...
February 22nd 07 09:43 PM
by IceHockeyJason Go to last post
5 249
LIPs and Pre-installed Vista software by Nebbisch
I recently bought a laptop running Vista in South America. Obviously everything is in Spanish, but I have seen on a post in the forum that soon Language Interface Packs will be available to change the language of the menus, options, dialogues etc. Does anyone know if these will also provide translations of the software such as IE7, Windows media player, Windows Movie maker etc...? If not,...
February 22nd 07 09:35 PM
by Nebbisch Go to last post
0 209
HELP! Vista BUG: My Documents on 2nd HD - No Permissions by echostorm
HELP! This is driving me crazy. I have a My Documents folder on a 2nd harddrive (F:\) that may have been part of the upgrade path from Windows XP Pro to Windows Vista Business (I rerouted the My Documents link in my previous Windows XP Pro installation to point there). The problem I have now is that all the permissions are set so that I cannot access files that were not explicitly created...
February 22nd 07 09:32 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
6 255
OEM Software by James
Hi all I've just been to scan UK trying to buy vista ult.64bit OED but I was told I needed to buy also a piece of hardware md, hdd or cpu is this still the case? James -- They think it's all over.... it is now. Take the FUN out of my email address to reply.
February 22nd 07 09:00 PM
by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec Go to last post
7 328
Cancelling express upgrade by Chuteuk
Just rea;ised i selected the wrong model of my pc when ordering an express upgrade. Now proof of purchase is required, i will need to cancel first! Please help, can't find info on this anywhere!
February 22nd 07 08:56 PM
by KaneD Go to last post
2 232
Bootmgr woes by henrikwl
I have a 20GB harddrive on my primary IDE controller, and a 120GB harddrive on my SATA controller. The former is reported by the BIOS as disk 0 (hence it is the boot disk), while the latter contains my Vista installation. Now, I managed to ruin my installation by converting both these disks to dynamic disks in the Disk Management MMC. At first reboot, there was a boot device failure. Fair...
February 22nd 07 08:54 PM
by henrikwl Go to last post
6 253
Multiple monitors and card drivers in Vista by Mikeh
I was ecstatic. I checked the drivers XP used for both my NVidia cards, an old MX2 and a new 7200, and they were the same! Joy! I ran out and spent my hard earned cash on Vista Home Premium. After some frustration getting it installed Vista is finally in, and it disables the MX2 card. New installation for dual booting with XP. I look at the drivers, and THEY'RE DIFFERENT! I go back to...
February 22nd 07 08:25 PM
by Ron Miller Go to last post
1 203
Having Trouble with Administrator Account by [email protected]
Hi all, I have been able to successfully inject drivers, and enable the administrator account in my sysprep.xml file. My problem arises when I try to set the adminsitrator password. When I set it and then do an autologon, Vista complains about a bad username and password, then kicks me back to user selection. Ok. Then I realize there are two administrator account, one protected with an unknown...
February 22nd 07 08:10 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 186
My installation woes by jonners99
I can install fine, I have done so perfectly three times. That is the problem though. I type in my wanted username and password and select a PC Name then the performance test starts and ironically stops when it reaches something saying how reliable vista now is. This is very frustrating I have tried all morning to sort it with little success it just keeps freezing halfway through the...
February 22nd 07 08:02 PM
by Ron Miller Go to last post
1 193
Program Compatibility Issue by Rebecca
I bought this program only about a month ago and when I tried to install it on my new computer, which has Windows Vista Home Premium, it comes up with the message below. Does anone know if there is a way I can install this program. This program has known compatibility issues Check online to see if solutions are available from the Microsoft website. If solutions are found, Windows will...
February 22nd 07 07:17 PM
by paul. Go to last post
7 222
February 22nd 07 07:11 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 206
nvdia geforce 8800 GTS by Windows Mail and Mobile (IPAQ)
I have this graphic card and I have an error code 43. I have tried to reinstall my driver with the nvdia internet page and with the CDROM, but I have always this error. I have made all that I can, but I don't find any solution. Please help me = Never I will can play with game with this error !
February 22nd 07 06:37 PM
by Havraha Go to last post
1 181
Installing Clean verison of Vista Ultimate over upgraded verison by TiffaneyJoy
When I first installed Windows Vista ultimate, I did an upgrade from XP. I now want to install it as a clean verison. Will I have any problems with activiation. I am installing on the same computer. Thanks
February 22nd 07 05:42 PM
by AJR Go to last post
3 204
vista prem upgrade... by DKBlight
On one of my computers, windows 2000 BETA is installed. Would this upgrade work with it seeing how windows Me is the base of the BETA installation or do I need to get the full installation?
February 22nd 07 05:22 PM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
3 208
Windows Business won't upgrade by SteveC
It gives me the option to install cleanly but says upgrade is disabled. I have plenty of RAM and space and the advisor gave me a clean bill of health. I do have an SATA drive, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. Any ideas? I did clean the harddrive and try booting from the DVD and that didn't work either. Says my configuration cannot be upgraded. Thanks.
February 22nd 07 04:06 PM
by SteveC Go to last post
9 260
XP Pro upgrade to Vista Business Install Problems by intersys
I've been trying to do an upgrade install for days. XP Pro is on a 500gig SATA drive. There are 3mb of memory...an Opteron 165 cpu and running Nforce4 chipset. I have had no success yet in installing Vista. The error log is below though I can't make sense of it yet. 2007-02-21 22:36:55, Error MIG Failed to load manifest at...
February 22nd 07 04:01 PM
by intersys Go to last post
0 235
Cannot uninstall programs by Paul H
Well, almost everything is working - I'm on the verge of switching from my XP Pro laptop to my new Vista laptop - I think my security, email, home network, etc. is OK thanks to people on these news groups. One final (I hope) issue: My "add/remove programs" window does not have the little boxes at the left edge of each program line. It used to. Where did they go? I need them. I now have...
February 22nd 07 03:24 PM
by Paul H Go to last post
2 196
VMWare Image upgrade to Vista by Brian Macdonald
When I try to upgrade my VMWare XP image to Vista I get an error stating that the computer is not ACPI compliant. I updated the BIOS so it should be compliant. I am running VMWare. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
February 22nd 07 02:17 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 188
Printer drivers disappear on Vista Upgrade by Lance Douglas
We are having an issue with printer drivers disappearing when upgrading to Vista from WinXP. I know that kernal-mode drivers are not supported on Vista, but it doesn't seem to matter whether it is a kernal-mode driver or not or maybe we just don't know how to determine whether it is a kernal mode driver, but we can reinstall the drivers after the upgrade is complete so I don't believe they are....
February 22nd 07 02:15 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post

From The