Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Register for adsense by Adsense Tips
Register for Google Adsense and make thousands of dollars a month. Click here http://www.adsenseonline.info to find out how to make over 10,000 ! dollars a month using the tips and techniques only before avaliable to online professionals. Google Adsense tips that have made millions. 2 Co 5:19 - - - - And for the Adults - - - - " Free Video of Mariah Carey Bubble Bath Stripshow...
February 21st 07 07:10 AM
by Adsense Tips Go to last post
0 248
Have windows.old but not seen for uninstall by Andy P
Have read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/9727522/en-us When booting from vista cd only vista is seen, no reference to an old xp installation despite windows.old being on C: with users windows and program files directories all present and intact. Can I make use of these files to manually restore to XP Pro? Thanks, Andy P
February 21st 07 06:42 AM
by Andy P Go to last post
0 245
Uninstall Vista to XP, but no Windows.old folder? by Hanifa
I posted an earlier question, I thought it fixed the problem. Carey Frisch sent me this link: How to restore a computer to a previous Windows installation after you install Windows Vista http://support.microsoft.com/kb/9727522/en-us The problem: I don't have a windows.old folder. The first step is to find your windows.old folder. I checked my sister's laptop and she also had windows.old...
February 21st 07 06:10 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 238
Dual Boot XP Pro and Vista by G. More
Hi, I have XP Pro and Vista Home Basic installed on two separate hard drives. After some errors on the XP installation I booted from a CD and ran FIXMBR and FIXBOOT. After reboot XP works fine but the OS Selection dissapeared and can't boot to Vista.
February 21st 07 06:06 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
3 231
Vista partition may disappear by vasu
If you are planning to dual boot XP and Vista, keep in mind that you format the partion on which Vista to be installed using Vista. Dont format the partition using XP and then install Vista on it. Else Vista partition may disappear. Check this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=931854 SYMPTOMS If you use Microsoft Windows XP to create a new partition on a computer that has both...
February 21st 07 04:27 AM
by vasu Go to last post
0 227
Uninstall Vista to XP--with old files? by Hanifa
I got Vista Home Basic yesterday and caused me many problems. The biggest is that the installation deleted my Linksys program, with no Internet connection, and had to buy a new CD to get a new program. The purpose of this computer is to play this online game, and now there is too much trouble with this Vista. How do I uninstall Vista and get my XP back, without deleting any files? I still...
February 21st 07 04:07 AM
by Hanifa Go to last post
2 276
The installation was not successful by Npham
I have a desktop computer which has over 100GB hard drive (C and D combined... C holds 15gb and D holds 92gb). The drives are supposed to act as one, like a raid. I currently have Windows XP home edition. I have been trying to upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium. The installation looks like it completed but at the final restart, it says "installation was no sucessful" and undoes all the...
February 21st 07 03:12 AM
by brwnIdswthrt Go to last post
1 221
merging partitions by Olivier Marquet
I created a second partition D: on which I installed Vista, XP being installed on C: . Vista works well, allbeit slow, and I thus deleted XP from C. Now I would like to merge D: and C: I deleted C, thinking I could expand D: and then rename it, but that seems impossible to do with the disk manager of Vista. Has anyone a solution ? Thanks in advance.
February 21st 07 02:30 AM
by Rock Go to last post
9 249
Can't Install Vista Home premium upgrade - "can't install a file and quits by [email protected]
After about 20 minutes of installation time, all of a sudden I get a message that a file cannot be copied/installed (NO mention of file) and installation quits. Now when I start the computer up I get a screen that forces me to select either continue update or go to earlier version of windows (listed as a windows boot manager) - would like to get ride of this as it defaults to windows setup and...
February 21st 07 01:10 AM
by fredo Go to last post
3 249
Upgrade from XP Professional to Vista Ultimate by Daddyo74
I get the message "This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification." when I insert the upgrade disk for my computer. I am running an HP 840X DVD Writer thats new in the system. How do I correct this issue to continue the install?
February 20th 07 11:34 PM
by Ian R Go to last post
1 249
Messenger Crashes by Grant
I have the same problem as many other people in this newsgroup. My Messenger Windows Live latest version crashes within about 10 seconds of starting it in Windows Vista. I am getting the same message as other people saying that it has stopped working. This appears to be a new problem as I did not have this when I was runiing RC1 version of Vista. The only thing differnet is that I am...
February 20th 07 09:39 PM
by Grant Go to last post
0 267
Java and Windows Vista won't install by Valerie Hebert
Ok please don't beat up on me but I am having a problem here.. I have been trying to download jre6 and it starts to download but then i get the pop up message says..."the installation package could not be opened. verify the package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid windows installer package" Huh? I upgraded my Windows Vista earlier...
February 20th 07 09:23 PM
by Donald McDaniel Go to last post
3 1,245
Error 1719 when trying to install Virtual PC 2007 on Vista Busines by Marcus
Hi, I know this is a very common problem, but I can't seem to fix it. I have tried doing msiexec /unregister and msiexec /regserver (yes, both in System32 and in SysWOW64). I have also tried changing my registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSIServer) to use msiexec in SysWOW64, but that doesn't have any effect. Are there some other tricks I can use, and, perhaps...
February 20th 07 08:58 PM
by Marcus Go to last post
0 304
Installation ends after 1st reboot by Paul Barkholz
After going through the install (clean install) for Vista Home Premium and upon first reboot all I get is a blank screen, even after I let it stay in that state for more than 12 hours. I am planning on using the dual boot feature so I don't lose any of the programs I am currently using, eg. AutoCAD Electrical 2006. Here are my PC's specs: Windows XP Home SP2 AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 2GHz
February 20th 07 08:26 PM
by Paul Barkholz Go to last post
0 316
f o l d e r s?????????????????// by Rat_uk
just installed vista home premium. on my old xp machine i had 5 partitions, one for docs, one for pics, one for OS, one for temp files and one for music i seem to be making a mess of moving the docs, pics, music folders default locations from c:\users\rat when i move the docs folder, the music and pictures one goes with it. i get an option to move all other folders at the same time. i'm not...
February 20th 07 07:53 PM
by Rat_uk Go to last post
0 239
Windows Vista Ultimate frustrating setup problem by Jose Paulo
I've tried three times to install Vista Ultimate. It seems to go well to the very end, then, when it should boot Vista, I get a blue screen error message, and the system continualy reboots. Error message is: ***STOP: 0x0000007E (0X0000005, 0X81836F72, 0X8246AA68, 0X8246A764) My machine is very stable under XP Pro SP2, and I have the latest XP drivers for my hardware. According to the...
February 20th 07 06:15 PM
by BigJim Go to last post
2 280
Enable ACPI 2.0 in Bios? by KeyBored
I will be building a new system with new hardware including an Asus P5B-VM motherboard. I'll be using Vista Home Premium. There are two ACPI settings in the bios, default setting in parenthesis: ACPI 2.0 Support (Disabled) ACPI APIC Support (Enabled) How should I set these settings? Should I enable both for optimum power management?
February 20th 07 05:16 PM
by KeyBored Go to last post
0 256
What is the significance of the word (recoverd) in the boot window by Roy Mayo
Hi, I inadvertently deleted the mbr. So I inserted the Vista DVD and recovered the situation, such that i could boot again into Vista. However, the Vista OS now appears with the word - (recovered) - after it, in the boot OS selector window, and in other places as well.
February 20th 07 05:01 PM
by Roy Mayo Go to last post
0 242
Can I run a command file as admin without UAC prompts? by Steve Maser
So... I have my "unattend.xml" file setup for sysprep. This file makes a new account called "dummy". I want to be able to automatically log into my adminstrative "setup" account and have "dummy" automatically deleted. In XP, I make a batch file ("setup.bat") that calls itself and contains
February 20th 07 04:47 PM
by Steve Maser Go to last post
0 253
Please help me to recover from loss of MBR by Roy Mayo
Hi, In the beginning I had WinXP Pro SP2. I next added Vista Home Premium in dual boot configuration. Everything worked fine. Using Norton Ghost I overwrote the Win XP Pro partition, with a cleaner version. When I rebooted I had lost the possibility to boot into Vista. Win XP Pro
February 20th 07 04:43 PM
by Roy Mayo Go to last post

From The