Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Psst! Wanna Save $140 on Windows Vista??? by Zim Babwe
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,129160/article.html Yes, this is kinda old news, but if you are visiting for the first time, it's new to you!
February 20th 07 03:38 PM
by Zim Babwe Go to last post
0 262
Easy Transfer and Outlook by RHEAD
I have just purchased a new computer with Windows Vista installed and used Easy Transfer to transfer my files and settings from my XP computer to the Vista computer. It all appeared to run smoothly. Now, when I send messages to my distribution lists, I receive Invalid Recipent messages. I checked with the intended recipients on the list(s) and some received the message, but some did...
February 20th 07 03:01 PM
by RHEAD Go to last post
3 284
Advice Please - Partition Setup for Dual Boot by nrms
I have 3 harddisks in my desktop PC configured as individual disks (ie non-Raided) attached to a SATA raid controller. WinXP is currently installed on Drive 0. Drive 1 is configured for all user data (My Documents etc); and Drive 2 is for backups. What do the panel recommend for re-configuration to create a Vista Dual Boot system? I already tried once, by creating a new second empty...
February 20th 07 02:31 PM
by Fedwayguy Go to last post
5 277
i lost my dvd by alireza
hi i have an original vista ultimate in my notebook but my vista DVD is broken last night in my notebook bag if i want format my notebook next time or clean install what can i do can i use another source with my serial number and my product id thank a lot. my mail is
February 20th 07 01:36 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 271
Vista versions in different languages by Vincent Yu
Hi, can I switch between different languages in Vista? I mean in English version, change language to Chinese then reboot, does all the texts turn into Chinese and vice versa? Do I have to buy difference licenses for Chinese and English versions of Vista just like in previous Windows versions? Thanks, Vincent
February 20th 07 12:50 PM
by Sharp Go to last post
8 397
open each folder in its own window does not work in Vista by gtest
The "open each folder in its own window" does not work in my Vista. Anybody had the same problem? I'm using following progs : Ccleaner Avast Nero Anydvd/Clonedvd Enabling or disabling te option does not change anything.
February 20th 07 10:28 AM
by gtest Go to last post
0 231
Zune Device - Microsoft by Smoothyounglady
Someone please help me I have been trying for 3 days to install this program (Zune) on to my new PC - Windows Vista Home Premium - I've called tech support for the device and they are just as lost as I am.....I guess due to the fact that they are both new programs.....There is something called the DEP that is blocking me from adding the Zune software to my PC - PLEASE...
February 20th 07 10:20 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
6 301
Intall XP over Vista by Daniel - Sydney
Hi I have installed Vista Ultimate upgrade over XP home, I am having problems getting any real perfromance out of my graphics card and do not have the time to sort it out at the moment. I want to reinstall XP, can I do this without losing my files, settings etc? thanks
February 20th 07 05:36 AM
by Daniel - Sydney Go to last post
5 278
Partitions on harddisk by Scott
I have a big hard disk of 320 GB in which there are two partitions: C for application & data and D for recovery. Can I create one more partition for data storage from application programs and OS and call it as D drive using any utility in Vista Home Premium and change the existing D for recovery to E. Your advice is appreciated. Thanks, Scott
February 20th 07 05:30 AM
by Rock Go to last post
8 255
old softwear VS. new vista laptop by J.Constatine
OK I've tried a few times to install quickbooks pro 2001 and i wont do it . I tried to install the wireless router (the guy from best buy said it would work)but OS problems . and the printer they sold me w/ the laptop has OS problems to.....is it me???????HELP
February 20th 07 05:21 AM
by FawltyJ Go to last post
1 210
Win 2000 upgrade by dongdahanoi
I have a win 2000 developer edition to which i would like to UPGRADE to Vista Ultimate, after installing all service packs to sp/4 I tried to do a UPGRADE to Vista from the Win2000 GUI, after awhile it comes up with a "unable to continue upgrade as your Your ACPI feature has not been enabled can not proceed any further". As I triple checked this feature I then proceeded to do a clean install...
February 20th 07 12:57 AM
by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec Go to last post
1 238
Free Flash Games by Flash Games
Free Flash Games http://www.clipplay.com/ fun videos games and more. Fun flash games. Free flash games videos and more.
February 19th 07 11:52 PM
by Flash Games Go to last post
0 278
Widows Media Center Vista by hippie
I have a Hauppauge PVR2 USB. The only problem is, when I try to set it up, it wants the IR connected. It's wireless. Does anyone know of a workaround for this?
February 19th 07 11:30 PM
by hippie Go to last post
0 216
Problems Installing Vista Ultimate by Mav3rek
I have Windows Vista Ultimate. I have tried to install it several times, and each time it gets all the way through to the very last part of the upgrade, which says "completeing upgrade" or something to that effect. Well each time it gets there it gets to 56%, my computer restarts, and each time it gets to the Vista loader screen (the one with the scrolling green lines at the bottom) my...
February 19th 07 10:23 PM
by Pete Go to last post
2 219
Windows Vista Ultimate fails to install - Help by bullster2465
Firstly, my system consists of the following. Asus P5WD2-E Premium Intel P4 D 3.4Ghz 2Gb Dual Chan DDR2 - 6400 X1950 TXT PCI-E 512Mb 4 x Segate SATAII Barracuda 320Gb HDD Sony DVD +/- RW / +/-R Winfast DVT2000 H Tuner Upgrade advisor stated I would have to unistall Nero and NIS2006 prior to
February 19th 07 10:01 PM
by bullster2465 Go to last post
6 221
Vista Home Premium Upgrade from XP Media by Itsup2u
If I upgrade to Vista Home Premium from XP Media, am I able to re-use the XP media license and install the XP Media onto another system at home?
February 19th 07 09:22 PM
by Tom Lake Go to last post
1 228
Any Chance I Can Get Help From Above Post by chris gallacher
I get the feeling my post of 2.18.07 will fade into the sunset. Anyone care to help.Sorry for the bump but I am frustrated and have honestly spent hours researching and numerous install attempts. Thanks for any help.
February 19th 07 09:19 PM
by JW Go to last post
2 209
Task Scheduler Engine won't end by Poz
I'm using Vista Home Premium. Whenever I attempt to shutdown or logout this message appears: "The following programs are still running. TaskEng - Task Scheduler Engine Process. Task Scheduler is executing shutdown tasks, and stopping tasks that are already running." I am unable to continue without selecting the option to shutdown or something similar. I don' t recall the exact option.
February 19th 07 09:03 PM
by Poz Go to last post
2 229
Easy Transfer problems by Paul H
My new Acer Pentium laptop w/1gb and Vista Home Premium has an 80gb disk set up as 2 40gb disks. Why - I don't know, and hate it. But I guess I'm stuck. When I tried use the Vista Easy Transfer utility to move my settings and etc. from my old 40gb HP laptop, it stopped, having filled up c: and giving no option except to click OK. No suggested solutions, no way to "undo". Now I'm stuck -...
February 19th 07 08:33 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 266
Canadian Vista by [email protected]
I am going to Canada for a few days and thinking of buying a Vista from there. Will it install on a UK computer and activate without problem? Or does north American version of Vista is meant for North American computers only? Vijay
February 19th 07 08:28 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post

From The