Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Installation error by laj54806
I purchased the upgraded version of Vista Home Premium. I now am running XP Home The installation begins to work through the following stages: Copying Windows Files Gathering Files However, when it reaches expanding files, it stops and I get an error message that says installation has been cancelled could not find boot
February 19th 07 08:18 PM
by caperns Go to last post
1 232
Dual boot again by mkok
I have a laptop with vista home premium on it. Whayt I should have got is on with xp and upgraded later. I want to be able to put xp on as dual boot as I two bit's of hardware that won't work with vista and no determined time of new drivers yet. Problem is vista that came with laptop is a ghost like disk so will only take me back to step 1 and wipe out any win xp I may install. I need to be...
February 19th 07 07:48 PM
by Michael Jennings Go to last post
6 335
please help , stuck in the vista installation by Eli2006
well i am stuck as well i need help because i threw away my box and now i have no pin number and i installed it but it says that i need to make sure that i have all files needed but i dont know what to sdo someone please help A.S.A.P "droid" wrote: vista dvd boot\bootsect.exe run bootsect /nt52 SYS
February 19th 07 06:09 PM
by Eli2006 Go to last post
0 268
Need help with Canon LIDE 25 Scanner in Vista by [email protected]
Hi Everyone; I hope someone can help me out. I have a Canon LIDE 25 scanner that I am trying to get to work with Vista. Canon has Vista 32-bit drivers posted on their website. I tried installing these drivers and the Canoscan software, but I am getting error messages. Firstly, the scanner is not showing as listed in the Canoscan application - where you select what scanner you have.
February 19th 07 05:31 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 256
Xp & Vista multiboot how? by RatzUk
I reinstalled xp on my ide drive which is d: Then installed Vista on sata drive which is c: I get no options to multiboot ? It boots into vista straight away and in the system properties within vista it has no mention of xp. What did i do wrong and how do i fix this? Hope someone can help :-)
February 19th 07 03:47 PM
by Commonadd Go to last post
2 251
Vista Install fails, xp lost dvd drives by PWF
First of all the upgrade advisor found no issues with my dvd drives, just an nforce network device. I also created a restore point, prior to upgrade and installed all xp critical updates prior. After allowing the Vista Ultimate run, I came back to my chair and XP was back running, told me that it has rolled back to XP because it was unable to find any DVD drive. Contact to purchase...
February 19th 07 03:39 PM
by Bill Go to last post
1 292
How to Upgrade to Vista? by Cristian
Hi, I´ve an XP and I have a DVD of Vista Upgrade but when I try to explore de DVD it only has a Readme File !!! How can I upgrade my Windows to Vista? Thank you! Cristian
February 19th 07 03:32 PM
by John Barnett MVP Go to last post
3 382
Remove XP from dual-boot by Ned Buckmaster
Okay - that was WAY too hard. There must be must be an easier way, but this is how I did it. Actual steps are short - finding them took a long time! 1. Mark the Vista partition as active in Disk Manager. 2. Copy Boot.ini, bootmgr, and boot subdirectory from XP drive to Vista drive. Two files in the boot subdirectory will not copy because they are in use - that's okay. 3.Turn off computer...
February 19th 07 03:29 PM
by John Barnett MVP Go to last post
1 355
Vista and something that does not yet seem to be addressed by John Monahan
I have been looking over this newsgroup for a few days and do not seem to find the answer to a situation that I am sure will come up a lot;- OK I have an install of XP+SP2 that is years old and is on a disk with many many other correctly functioning programs. Everything is rock solid. The XP does not seem to pass the WGA test (because it is some old OEM product or something) so to move to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 07 03:29 PM
by Visa Upgrade Doesn't find Programs Go to last post
10 641
XPS LIGHT FX by queentiz
Can anybody tell me how to configure the light on the touch pad to to strobe, pulse or fade to the beat of a song?
February 19th 07 03:28 PM
by queentiz Go to last post
0 320
Vista Ultimate Dual-Boot by Vincent49
Hi all, I am currenly running Windows XP Pro 32, XP Pro 64 and Vista RC2 on my home PC, in a multiple boot scenario. I have now purchased Vista Ultimate, which comes with DVDs for both 32 bit and 64 bit. Can I install both versions on my PC and activate both, or will I need to purchase a second license? My PC configuration is as follows:
February 19th 07 03:18 PM
by John Barnett MVP Go to last post
5 379
"Windows Vista Setup Preperation" by nsybouts
I recently downloaded Vista upgrade 64 bit from the windows website. Everytime i go to install the program from the exe file it gives me an error message saying: "Cannot extract Windows Vista Setup to your hard drive. Please ensure that you can create files and folders in the same foler where VistaSetupPrep.exe was downloaded." Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I've done...
February 19th 07 02:00 PM
by nsybouts Go to last post
2 260
Vista Ultimate OEM by A.M
Hello, I was wondering if someone could clarify how OEM works which comes with new PC's. Say later for example if say your hard drive dies can you install the OEM which you have on disk to a new hard drive? Just I have heard that you may need to ring up Microsoft explaining what has happened? I'm just wondering because all new PC's generally come with an OEM
February 19th 07 12:19 PM
by Frankster Go to last post
1 255
Help: issues with Windows Vista Home Premium upgrade by blade0r
Hi guys, I'm experiencing some major problems with Windows Vista. I bought an upgrade DVD, so, basically, I have 3 ways to install the new OS: 1) upgrading the existing Windows XP installation (the worst solution, in my opinion), 2) running the upgrade DVD under the legacy OS (e.g. executing the installation under Windows XP, but on a different partition), and 3) using the Dailytech trick to...
February 19th 07 11:53 AM
by blade0r Go to last post
0 268
Vista Ultimate OEM by VistaUltimate
Hi, In this scenario, Microsoft will say "We are sorry to hear that, unfortunately, you would have to call the manufacturer of your PC!" Yes, MS is right! Good news, when you call that vendor, they will send you all kind of CDs to get you back up and running. Plus, if you're still under warranty, you can demand that vendor to overnight those CDs to you.
February 19th 07 10:47 AM
by VistaUltimate Go to last post
0 261
Vista Ultimate OEM by A.M
Thanks for your reply, So what happens in the scenario where say 2 years down the line where your not covered anymore by a PC manufacturers warrenty and say for example your hard drive or motherboard decides to die. I think in this kind of scenario you would be better off not to have bothered with extended warranty on the PC as it would be cheaper to replace the component. But it seems you...
February 19th 07 10:32 AM
by A.M Go to last post
0 216
Driver search currupt...Have to manaully point to Windows32 for all driver searches... by William Dowell
Whenever I add a hardware device - from basic things of External HDD, camera or USB keys etc, the driver search fails, and asks for a manual location.. Same goes for hubs. All items really. Now, I KNOW Vista has all of this built in - because you just tell it, each time, to go to Windows32, and it finds the mass-storage / or other driver no problemt. However EVERYTIME i add somthing new it...
February 19th 07 07:55 AM
by William Dowell Go to last post
4 221
The stupidity continues. Now a very popular printer doesn't work right under Vista by Adam Albright
I have a Epson Photo 900. I use this to print directly on CD's and DVD's. Just had a "web chat" with a Epson "service" guy and he tells me it isn't fully supported in Vista because it comes with a "in-box" driver, that of course doesn't work with Vista since the printer is a couple years old. They do have a new driver and supposedly that's included with the Vista DVD. HOWEVER... My experience...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 19th 07 06:55 AM
by joseph2k Go to last post
49 1,302
Thinking of upgrade from XP Pro x64 to Vista Home Premium. by Darkelldar
I have been reading up on upgrading to Vista but have a few concerns. #1 NO I wont buy a Mac. Troll somewhere else ! #2 Due to running 64 bit windows the upgrade advisor leaves me out in the cold so I will need to see what works. (not happy about that it should support 64 bit) My hardware AMD X2 4200 on a Asus M32N SLI Deluxe MB, 2 Gigs 6400 DDR 2, ATI X1900 XTX 512mb, Sound Blaster X-Fi...
February 19th 07 06:22 AM
by joseph2k Go to last post
4 320
UAC treats iexplorer.exe (ie 7.0) as an unidentified publisher by Kevin
I installed Vista Ultimate over XP Pro. Now Vista User Access Control prompts me for permission whenever I (or any application) tries to launch internet explorer 7.0, which had been previously installed as an update in XP Pro. Is this a normal condition with Vista? Is there a problem with the UAC settings? I suspect some an installation issue because Vista does not recognize ie7.0 as an...
February 19th 07 06:10 AM
by joseph2k Go to last post

From The