Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
XP left over files by CoolPix
Can you saftley delete the folder i386 in vista
February 18th 07 03:15 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 276
No need to follow links, here's the question in full by lockup
Hi, I've got a fresh install of 32bit Vista Ultimate running on, Shuttle SD37P2 The BIOS has been flashed to the latest level available from Shuttle (SD37S204). QX6700 4GB Gainward 7950GT 256MB
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 07 03:12 PM
by Anders Go to last post
15 413
Vista Upgrade Advisor Questions by Rod
I preparation for a clean install of Vista Home Premium from within my WinXPSP2 PC, I ran the above and got 3 device querys as under. Any guidance? 1. AcerLAN ALN-201 PCI Ethernet Adaptor (yeah I KNOW it's old, but - til now - it works!) "No Compatability Data" 2. Intel System Management Bios Driver "No Compatability data" 3. Patin Coufin (VSO) Software "no compatability data". This driver...
February 18th 07 03:07 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 233
APPCRASH whenever I open Control Panel by mark r.
Hi: I recently upgraded from WinXP Pro to Vista Ultimate, and whenever I launch the Control Panel -- regardless of whether I am Administrator or a regular user -- I receive the following error. Can anyone propose a solution? Thank you, /m
February 18th 07 01:15 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
1 222
Cannot Restart or Turn off PC After Upgrade by Jimbo
Upgraded from Home Media Edition from a clean formatted hard-drive-applied all patches. Installation went fine, Vista updates installed. Cannot restart or shutdown my PC without pressing the POWER button. Works fine in SAFE mode. Any suggestions?
February 18th 07 12:58 PM
by Jimbo Go to last post
0 226
Vista Ultimate Won't Install over XP Media :( by [email protected]
Hi: My system is a HP DV-9000 series notebook running XP Media edition, 2 gigs of ram, Core 2 CPU @ 1.66 Gigs, 2 internal hard drives with tons of free space, only a few months old, has the 'Windows Vista Capable' insignia, passes the upgrade advisor test fine. I'm trying to install Vista Ultimate, and when I get to the part where it's 'expanding files' I get this error at about 20%: 'Windows...
February 18th 07 11:30 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 221
Imaging a Vista Installation - Question for the guru's - imagex by BobS
I've seen a number of posts in this ng as well as others that are asking about how to clone a Vista installation (image backup) so it can be restored in the event of a failure or short between the ears. In the past I have used a number of disc imaging programs from freeware to the commercial ($$) ones and have had consistent recovery results with Symantec's Ghost and Norton Save and Restore...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 07 10:43 AM
by Diamontina Cocktail Go to last post
12 358
Vista Registration by Adriel Dorneles
I need help with registering Vista Home Premium, the automatic activation software keeps giving me an error message everytime I try to activate Vista, it tells me that both my Product Key and the Product ID are wrong, can anyone help me with this??? I only have 29 days left of vista...
February 18th 07 09:39 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 201
Vista install fails after 1st restart by Matt
Hi All I have just tried to install vista ultimate 32bit rtm on a pc that I was able to successfully in the past install all the previous betas of vista fine on. The only difference is that I've got a fresh 80gb sata drive in the machine and have removed the 200gb sata drive as it has media center 2005 on it which i dont want to loose yet :-p It starts the install fine booting off the cd,...
February 18th 07 08:46 AM
by Rock Go to last post
5 203
How to setup Vista with Raid drives by Darkelldar
Do you still have to make up a floppy disk to install the raid drivers like with XP or does Vista do this on its own? I am running Raid 0 with XP pro. Want to do clean install not upgrade. But I want to use the upgrade with the workaround to do a clean setup. Will that work?
February 18th 07 08:29 AM
by Sucka Go to last post
1 210
Remove Vista 64 by chas638
Hello, I have XP Pro 32bit running on 1 drive and installed Vista Ultimate 64bit on another drive. I get a boot screen which askes me what to load, that works fine. I can't get my settings from XP Pro 32 to Vista Ultimate 64, tried file trandfer a number of times, and some of my hardware, network card, don't work. I can't get on line with Vista 64 and I'm thinking about changing to the...
February 18th 07 08:13 AM
by Michael Jennings Go to last post
4 252
upgrade - or "in-place" clean install? by seany
I'll be receiving a new pc next week (c2d, 2 g ram, 1Tb HD, raid0, ati 512 pcie) which comes with vista premium. However, I want - and have already bought - the Ultimate upgrade - and my question is whether it really makes any difference if I choose the "clean install" over the simple upgrade, given that this pc will not have any progs, data or settings to carry over. I've read about...
February 18th 07 03:06 AM
by Frankster Go to last post
3 203
Vista IIS FTP - no, it's not an IE7 and FTP question! by Roger
Alright, I’m at my wits end. I’m converting from XP-Pro to Vista Business. I want to install a FTP services on Vista, just like I have on XP-Pro. I’ve enabled IIS, and created the FTP site. I’ve chosen c:/users/public as the root folder for the FTP site. The problem is: the FTP client fails to fully connect to this FTP site. When I use Windows Explorer as the FTP client; I...
February 18th 07 02:50 AM
by Saucy Go to last post
1 182
prospective beginner by FireBrick
Can I make Vista a dual boot type install? So I can run my legacy programs that run under XP Pro. But switch to Vista when I wish to use it's features. Many of my specialized devices (hardware type) do not Vista Drivers as yet, and may not for a while. So I'd like to be able to boot to one version to use my existing setup, and
February 18th 07 02:48 AM
by Rock Go to last post
4 223
Gaming and Joystick Compatability by 737driver
I've recently installed Windows Vista and when I try to play some of my older games such as MS Flight Sim 98 the game will play but with the keyboard only. I can not get the older games to recognize my usb MS Precision 2 joystick. Newer games such as Flight Sim 2004 will work and recognize the joystick. These older games did work on my old computer with XP. Is there something I can do...
February 18th 07 02:22 AM
by 737driver Go to last post
2 210
vista upgrade back to xp by Jeff
first i have read most of what you all have posted here but i dont think i am getting it right so pls reply in i very simple newbie way. Ok i installed Vista home upgrade from xp home on 1 partion got most of it working then deleted old windows what i want to do is this refortmat hd and reinstall xp on one partion and vista on another but cant figure how to wipe hd clean cant use partion...
February 18th 07 01:29 AM
by Rock Go to last post
8 275
Premium retail to Ultimate retail back to Premium up/downgrading by Julien321
Have retail Premium installed and ordered retail Ultimate to replace. How do I uninstall Premium/install Ultimate so I can keep Premium for later use or transferee/sale to someone else? If I keep Premium for later and buy a new (future) computer can I uninstall Ultimate from old (current) computer and then install on new (future) computer, then reinstall Premium back on old (current)...
February 18th 07 01:26 AM
by Rock Go to last post
3 322
Vista Home Premium Academic Upgrade Installation by Derrell Gore
I qualify for this. I am currently running XP Professional. My question is will I be able to install Vista as a dual boot machine along with XP Professional? Also will Vista install as 64-bit since I have a Athlon 64 Dual Core Processor?
February 18th 07 01:16 AM
by Rock Go to last post
2 223
where is My Bluetooth Places by Azarouni
hello. where is My Bluetooth Places is there any add-on sofware need to be install to enable "My Bluetooth Places" i need to enable it in windows Vista And Windows XP
February 18th 07 12:45 AM
by Darrell Gorter[MSFT] Go to last post
2 206
Dual boot Vista and Small Business Server by ken urish
Right now I'm running Vista Ultimate and I plan to install Windows Small Business Server 2003. I've read that you should install the older OS first but when I installed Ultimate I didn't know that. Would SBS still install? Thanks
February 18th 07 12:31 AM
by Robert Firth Go to last post

From The