Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
can we burn the vista iso on a 700mb disc possible? by pmager03
i need to know if you have to burn the vista iso on a cd-r or dvd-r ? and possibly on a 700 mb disc? if so, what compression progran can I use? thank you
May 7th 10 07:53 PM
by ApocalypsePrime Go to last post
6 580
Recovery/Backup/Restore issue by Bruce
Hello, I am new to this forum and hope you can help me please. I'll try to be brief and to the point. Just bought a new computer with Vista. It crashed yesterday and was advised to "start from scratch" and use recovery tool. Just before doing this it asked me if I wanted to backup my data. Of course I did on an external hard drive. Today I have successfully windows and running and it's...
May 5th 10 06:50 PM
by thx67 Go to last post
8 754
KMS Client Activation returns 0xC004F039 error by William Luo
I created a KMS host with a volume license key for MS partner. But when I tried to active any KMS client in my intranet with the following command: C:\Windows\System32cscript slmgr.vbs -ato I saw the error: 0xC004F039 The computer could not be activated. The Key Management Service could not be reached. Why is it not the 0xC004F038 error (n-count is not enough)?
May 5th 10 04:20 PM
by mcscotty Go to last post
7 738
How to move "Program Files" to another drive/partition by Pud
The way I have had my past several machines configured is to have a number of different drives/partitions configured eg 'System' (C:), 'Programs (P:), Files (F:) which contains 'My Documents', downloads, Setup and other files etc On XP this was achieved by the brute force method - boot to 'Safe Mode', move the 'Program Files' folder from C: to P: and then edit the registry, changing every...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 5th 10 03:55 PM
by Frankster Go to last post
20 1,476
Vista Home Premium Install Hangs At Completing. (Clean Install) by Serges2K
My system setup: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz GIGABYTE GA-965P-S3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard XFX PVT71PUDP3 GeForce 7900GS 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported EXTREME Video Card OCZ S.O.E 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5400) {TWO OF THESE} Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive SAMSUNG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner...
May 5th 10 02:38 PM
by ugos Go to last post
4 826
Regional and Language problems getting Vista into English by esxman
Hi from Greece . I have a problem with a Targa Vista Home premium computer I bought here in Greece to replace my old computer .I felt confident the it would work in English because the box was written in English .However , when I booted it for the first time, it came up in Greek... my knowledge of technical Greek is very limited, so I spent happy hours trying to get it into English .I eventually...
April 29th 10 02:47 PM
by Badger[_3_] Go to last post
6 589
change os language by meme
I live in spain but english speaking. have bought new computer with Vista Home Premium in Spanish (they told me in the shop i could change the language online....) got office 2007 in english and ultimate in english as well. would like to have computer in english as well. any ideas as to how to accomplish this? it truly is a glitch in the system!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 29th 10 04:44 AM
by praveen madusanka Go to last post
12 1,061
Installation issues by VistaCompUser
Hey everybody, Had to reinstal Vista x64 Premium on my computer, and I am having a reoccuring error during installation. -"The computer restarted unexpectedly or has encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart your computer and then restart installation."
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 27th 10 10:57 AM
by theog Go to last post
11 1,101
Hard drive replacement without reinstall software? by Ben[_11_]
Hi everyone, First of all, let me clarify that my issue is with Windows 7, not Vista. So pardon me if I am posting to the wrong group. I have a Windows 7 Home Premium installation on my laptop. It has been working great, until recently when Windows has detected a hard drive failure and urges me to replace the hard drive. My question is, if there is any way I can replace my hard drive...
April 25th 10 04:46 PM
by pacinitaly Go to last post
6 699
Autodesk Lustre On Vista by robbysondak
I installed Lustre autodesk to my Laptop Toshiba Satellite A200-24A. This is what I get. "The procedure entry point NvGvoClose could not be located in the dynamic link library NvCpl.dll" What Should I do? Please Help. Thanks!
April 25th 10 08:07 AM
by kirk tab Go to last post
3 689
Hard drive replacement without reinstall software? by Ben[_11_]
Hi everyone, First of all, let me clarify that my issue is with Windows 7, not Vista. So pardon me if I am posting to the wrong group. I have a Windows 7 Home Premium installation on my laptop. It has been working great, until recently when Windows has detected a hard drive failure and urges me to replace the hard drive. My question is, if there is any way I can replace my hard drive...
April 25th 10 05:02 AM
by Ben[_11_] Go to last post
0 358
Vista Boot Issues by boweasel
I have now gone into the Vista recovery command prompt and run bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd which gives me the msg Total Identified Windows installations: 1 Add installation to boot list? Yes(y)/No(n)/All(a) When I enter a 'Y' I then get the msg
April 24th 10 05:06 PM
by boweasel Go to last post
0 407
Installation issues by VistaCompUser
Hey everybody, Had to reinstal Vista x64 Premium on my computer, and I am having a reoccuring error during installation. -"The computer restarted unexpectedly or has encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart your computer and then restart installation."
April 24th 10 05:43 AM
by VistaCompUser Go to last post
0 420
Upgrading to Windows7 by Mark A. Sam
Hello, I want to upgrade a machine from Windows7 Home Edition to Windows7 Professional, but the package say, "Designed for Windows Vista". Will this work for me, or do I need another upgrade version? The salesman said it would work, but I don't want to open the package unless I can verify that. Thank you for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam
April 23rd 10 02:15 PM
by John Inzer[_2_] Go to last post
6 600
Upgrading to Windows7 by Mark A. Sam
Hello, I want to upgrade a machine from Windows7 Home Edition to Windows7 Professional, but the package say, "Designed for Windows Vista". Will this work for me, or do I need another upgrade version? The salesman said it would work, but I don't want to open the package unless I can verify that. Thank you for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam
April 23rd 10 12:42 PM
by Mark A. Sam Go to last post
0 416
vista imaging deployment by sgtarky
Ok, I have been imaging xp/server 2003 using ghost + wds for a while now. I support a training center with approximately 120 or so pc's all the same model. I have been trying for awhile image vista because we will be using that soon. If I do the sysprep, it takes around 20 minutes after the os is installed to complete, this is not as easy as xp I just want to regen the sids. I even tried using...
April 22nd 10 07:38 PM
by sgtarky Go to last post
0 433
vista imaging deployment by sgtarky
Ok, I have been imaging xp/server 2003 using ghost + wds for a while now. I support a training center with approximately 120 or so pc's all the same model. I have been trying for awhile image vista because we will be using that soon. If I do the sysprep, it takes around 20 minutes after the os is installed to complete, this is not as easy as xp I just want to regen the sids. I even tried using...
April 22nd 10 07:38 PM
by sgtarky Go to last post
0 485
A Disk Read Error Occurred Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to Reboot by Brian Adams
I have burned the final Vista ISO image from my MSDN Subscriber Downloads and installed it. I have tried XP Upgrades and clean installs on several different drives. It appears to install/upgrade successfully each time. When it does the initial reboot I get the error: "A disk read error occurred press ctrl-alt-del to reboot" every time. What are the BIOS requirements for Vista? Is it...
April 19th 10 08:15 AM
by GrittyBurns Go to last post
7 658
Regional and Language problems getting Vista into English by esxman
Hi from Greece . I have a problem with a Targa Vista Home premium computer I bought here in Greece to replace my old computer .I felt confident the it would work in English because the box was written in English .However , when I booted it for the first time, it came up in Greek... my knowledge of technical Greek is very limited, so I spent happy hours trying to get it into English .I eventually...
April 18th 10 03:38 PM
by esxman Go to last post
0 404
.Net Framework 3.5 SP1 by Jerevans
.Net Framework 3.5 or 3.5 SP1 won't install. Any Help? -- Jerevans Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one- Bill Gates :D
April 18th 10 04:48 AM
by Americano Go to last post

From The