Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows Mail(Vista) reinstall by naso
I bought a new computer with Vista Basic. After instalation of Outlook 2007 I've got a problem with Windows Mail. There are a lot of problems and I'd like to know how to reinstall it. I know how to do it with older Windows versions, but I couldn't find this option in Vista.
May 25th 09 05:10 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
4 258
Vista Install by Bruce
A few days ago I got the following error....File: \Boot\BCD. I found how to fix the problem from MS. It tells me to put the Windows Vista Disk in and restart computer. Now when I put the Vista Disk in it starts loading files and then I get a BSOD. I am able to boot a bootable CD and a floppy and even a copy of Windows XP which will start loading. I even brought a new hard thinking the...
May 25th 09 01:38 PM
by John Barnes[_4_] Go to last post
4 283
Vista Installation - Boot from DVD by NevadaSweat
I've been trying to install Vista on system currently running on XP. Apparently, the Hard Drive is bolixed up as the option to upgrade is disabled and the full installation flakes out after 27% of "expand files" with a message that system is unable to configure boot sector. I have emptied program data directory but cannot get rid of it altogether. -- Therefore, I am considering installing a...
May 25th 09 01:18 PM
by John Barnes[_4_] Go to last post
2 276
Replacing boot hard drive? by Gareth[_2_]
Hopefully someone can help. I have a dual boot system - XP on the boot drive and Vista on a slave drive. The boot drive is failing (clicking on boot and often preventing the computer from passing the bios splash screen). The Vista install modified the boot header on the XP boot drive. This means that I cannot just buy a new boot drive and install XP on it
May 25th 09 01:09 PM
by John Barnes[_4_] Go to last post
8 328
changing from vista to xp by gregspappy
Hi, my question is.... I have a quad core machine with vista home premuim 64bit...I dont like vista cause it wont run older games that I play. I have a xp media center edition 2005 dual-core from a older e machine T6532. Would this work? I dont mind updating everything once its in. But would it work or would I just mess up computer more. -- gregspappy
May 25th 09 12:59 PM
by John Barnes[_4_] Go to last post
4 256
BSOD As Soon As Disc Boots Up. (Vista x64) by Vermillion
I am having quite a problem here, that I can't seem to track down. I beg you please, help the hell out of me. Links, personal knowledge, anything. Last time I had a BSOD problem with Vista, it took me 3 weeks to fix it. I have new hardware basically, and now I am on the final steps: instal the OS. I chose Vista x64 because I have 8Gbs of RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo, and a DP43TF motherboard, which is...
May 25th 09 04:49 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
5 305
Changing the contents of two new tags by Mazzaroc
HI I noticed that, by running the command "imagex /check /info ... \install.wim" of Vista SP1 64-bit provided by TechNet Plus, there are two new additional tags DISPLAYNAME and DISPLAYDESCRIPTION that, too its, indicate the names of four main editions of Vista SP1 64-bit. Now, how do I change the contents of these new tags? THANKS
May 24th 09 05:54 PM
by Mazzaroc Go to last post
0 275
Windows Update continually downloads & installs the same update by Steve T[_3_]
Windows Update continually downloads & installs the same update. This update has been downloaded and successfully installed 19 times since 5-20-09 and it's ready to do it all again. How do I stop this from happening? Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430) Installation date: ?5/?20/?2009 10:19 AM Installation status: Successful
May 24th 09 02:43 PM
by Steve T[_3_] Go to last post
0 328
help by jaar vreten
i have problem i can not instal vista-ultimate x64 bicose it frese during the instalacion -- jaar vreten
May 24th 09 01:29 PM
by Crispy2007 Go to last post
1 361
Autorun doesn't work by Tetsu[_2_]
Hi, I have windows vista home premium and my autorun doesn't work... My DVD drive loads the DVD but it doesn't show the icon and when I click it, it says new cd what do you want to name it unless i end process explorer and start it up again which is pretty frustrating! I have tried looking for some keys in regedit but were unable to find them.. -- Tetsu
May 23rd 09 08:59 AM
by Tetsu[_2_] Go to last post
3 282
Trouble registering Vista - browser problem by atmop
Hi All, I am new to Vista and am just setting up my new computer. When I try to register Vista I get the following message in Internet Explorer 8: *::\"Your Request Cannot Be Completed at This Time::* The browser version you're currently running does not support the Windows Vista product registration process." Is this because my Vista came with Internet Explorer 7 and I have updated to 8?
May 22nd 09 05:56 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
1 258
pechonalidad by kunta kinte transportes
May 22nd 09 05:20 PM
by kunta kinte transportes Go to last post
0 225
Inserting an boot menu in DVD of Vista SP1 by Mazzaroc
HI What program could I use to create a boot menu, on DVD, so I can choose which custom edition of Vista SP1 64-bit install? THANKS BYE
May 22nd 09 02:59 PM
by Mazzaroc Go to last post
0 212
Downgrade from Vista to XP help by funboy1975
Hi, After a while of tearing my hair out trying to get Vista to work properly, I have come to the decision that maybe installing XP may be the best solution. I have never had any issues with XP and feel safer knowing my software won't bomb out on me halfway through a design job. My laptop is 2 years old and came brand new from a high street retailer with Vista Home Premium pre-installed on it...
May 22nd 09 12:25 AM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
3 314
Vista won't get further then it's first boot, please help me out. by Jason.
Hello, After installing windows vista on a new made partition of 60GB formatted as NTFS, i got a problem after my first reboot. My Vista doesn't seems to like to work more then once after it's installation. I reinstalled vista 3 times now (by formating the 60GB partition as NTFS.)Now this isn't done really quick i mean all in all including formating it takes me about 1/2 hours (on slow...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 21st 09 09:19 PM
by agreennz Go to last post
10 397
Windows Installation Error by dtmack
I am working on a computer with Windows Vista. Some of the registry files got corrupt and I didn't have OS disk (Vista) but I did have XP. So I tried installing XP and it got stuck at a certain point and now it won't let me finish the installation. It stopped at installing Windows. Please Help!!! I now have a Vista OS disk
May 21st 09 08:13 PM
by dtmack Go to last post
8 248
background image in first phase of a custom installation of Vista SP164-bit by Mazzaroc
HI If, during the first phase of a custom installation of Vista SP1 64- bit, I want to put a background image, what should I do? THANKS BYE
May 21st 09 05:16 PM
by Mazzaroc Go to last post
0 207
Can't download Windows Live Messenger by Bugatti
Hi, I've got a brand new computer with Vista Home Premium and everthing appears fine. Except, when I go to download Windows Live Messenger, I always seem to get sent to this site http://g.msn.com/8reen_us/EN_NOUS/INSTALL_MSN_MESSENGER_DL.EXE for which I always get this message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
May 21st 09 12:57 PM
by Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP Go to last post
2 279
Regsvr32 error 0x80004005 by kog5
I have an issue with when trying to register a dll file. The error displayed is 0x80004005 which apparently has to do with (the lack of) administrative access. I'm using the computer with admin status, but I'm aware of the User Account Control (UAC) thing (which basically requires you to confirm admin level usage even if you are an admin). Another thread instructed to right-click on the command...
May 21st 09 12:56 PM
by Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP Go to last post
1 251
Bulova Accutron by [email protected]
Accutron Men's Lucerne Diamond Chronograph Watch #26E11 Price:$1,195.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000H27W4S Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000H27W4S Accutron Men's Belize Watch Model - 26B73 Price:$795.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0017RHJMM
May 21st 09 12:31 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post

From The