Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Ownership Woes by Falor
So, I got Vista Ultimate a few days ago, installed the 64-bit version. Everything was peachy (still is for the most part,) however, when going to my old folders with all my music and what not, I am getting the dreaded "Access Denied." To cut off the normal line of troubleshooting. I have already reset security ownership/permissions for the affected folders, and security changes. However, it...
February 16th 07 04:53 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
1 440
Vista's new target user by Adam Albright
People like this guy: http://www.thebooge.ca/pictures/cheesehead.gif
February 16th 07 03:58 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
7 539
Good news Adam! by Ted Landry
adam, you'll be happy to hear that Adobe has finally seen the light and is moving back to producing Premiere Pro for the Mac. The PC just isn't cut out for doing serious video work, so Adobe is going to attempt to compete at the low end against Apple's Final Cut Express.... ----- Adobe will not only be returning Premiere Pro to the Mac with the launch of Production Studio later this year,...
February 16th 07 03:57 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
1 531
Network Gadget by Adele Clingman
Found the answer if anyone is interested http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.aspx?li=06a12595-25f3-4a14-9725-0bc6cd5d9872&l=1 "Clingpeach" wrote in message ... I have this up running on my sidebar. Its not doing anything. Ive tried to
February 16th 07 03:56 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
2 533
Upgrading drivers? by Jerry Hughes
Hello, I've been trying to upgrade my notebook so it will be compatible with Vista (running XP now) and have only been halfway successful. Then, on the Microsoft site, I read that when installing Vista, Vista will automatically search for program upgrades and updates. Does that mean that I won't have to worry much about updating my drivers , etc. because Vista will automatically update...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 16th 07 03:54 PM
by Dale M. White Go to last post
14 831
Adobe 8.0 and the temp file by Leximou
I too am getting that cotton picking "accessing the temp" error message. In checking, I find that the Temp folder is designated "read Only" in both my desktop and the administrators desktop. In trying to remove the "read only" attribute, it appears to work but when I close the folder, it reverts to read only. Am sick of this "Helping me to death" helpfulness. How do I REMOVE the read only...
February 16th 07 03:52 PM
by Dale M. White Go to last post
8 571
Need some help... by Nick
When I plug up my 160gig Seagate external USB drive , it pops up and says it's installing drivers for the following: --------------------------------------------- USB Mass Storage Device Disk Drive --------------------------------------------- And when it's done and both say Ready to use next to them, it isn't listed in My Computer. I've tried going into the Disk Management utility and it...
February 16th 07 03:43 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
1 434
Supercomputer OS's by joseph2k
For the entire top 500 they are running a Unix variant or a linux variant. Linux "owns" the list with Unix claiming just 92 out of the 500 machines, Mac OS X on three of them and not a single one running any M$ OS. This includes Japan's earth simulator, a vector machine (now ranked 14). IBM and HP are the top hardware vendors. Some interesting surprises for...
February 16th 07 03:39 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
2 512
CARD READER In VISTA by K.S.Sathish
Hi all, I am using Vista 32 bit Ultimate & today I bought a All in 1 Card reader ( entermultimedia product , some china make). I tried installing it in vista but failed, it couldn't recognize automatically & I even tried using given software but couldn't. Then when I booted through win XP SP2 ( same system) it could recognize & could use it. Did anybody had any problem with card reader in...
February 16th 07 03:35 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
5 468
mail startup control by kjk
Hi Folks, If I have multiple users of Windows Mail, is there a way to create a separate shortcut for each user, so that Mail will open as that user? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks. Ken
February 16th 07 03:26 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
1 400
How to Confirm System Boot information? by Thomas Song
After bitlocker turned on, at a reboot, I need to user recovery key. Vista prompt says that system boot information changed since bitlocker is enabled. Need to confirm system boot information. I searched everywhere and could not find the answer. Can someone Help? Thank!
February 16th 07 03:25 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
3 456
Question about the 64 bit edition ordering system by tyler
I just received my copy of Windows Vista Home Premium today. I noticed that it is the 32 bit edition and to get the 64 bit edition I have to order it form Microsoft. I have an idea of how to get around this that I wanted to ask you about. At http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_upgrade_clean.asp It talks about how to do a clean upgrade. It says that when you don't enter your product...
February 16th 07 03:23 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
3 422
Trouble with Vista media centre by Hugh Jass
I have Vista Home Premium. My tuner card is a Hauppauge PVR 150 PCI. It worked great before, but now all of a sudden Media centre says it can't find my tuner card. I have verified that the tuner card is installed. Anyone else have troubles like this, or know how to fix it?? -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
February 16th 07 03:21 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
3 451
Vista and Roxio by Zygy
As usual they take your money and then they forget you exist. Roxio is one of them. I send them an email about two weeks ago, asking whether Easy Media Creator 7 will work with Win.Vista Business, but as usual they do not reply. I was advised that Easy Media Creator 7.5 works with Win.Vista does anyone know whether 7 will work?
February 16th 07 03:20 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
3 554
Windows Defender not starting by John
For some reason I can't start Defender, no matter what I do it says it's not started, any help? TIA
February 16th 07 03:19 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
1 409
MSDE- will it break or is it just not supported by blueey
I've seen plenty out there that states MSDE is not supported on Vista. Not supported does not mean it wont work. So the question is will it work in vista or does it just throw exceptions or not able to install on Vista
February 16th 07 03:18 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
1 412
office 2003 or 2007? by apparently
I have to transfer files from my old laptop (essentially all office 2003 files) and I have a few questions. First, which is better for Vista Home premium office 2003 or 2007? Will it be easier if I install office 2003? And what is the best way to go about the transfer? I want to ensure everything goes as smoothly as possible :) Thanks!
February 16th 07 03:18 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
7 476
HELP! by [email protected]
Hi Guys, Just got a new laptop with Vista on it. I have a problem with the Internet explorer v7 I understand that this cannot be removed but i was wondering if anyone has had this problem! I am able to connect to certain sites like google or Dell.com or microsoft etc. however when i try to connect to certain other websites like amazon and play.com etc. my browser seams to run but crash /...
February 16th 07 03:17 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
3 626
Whats wrong with Excel 2007 on Vista? by NickLeeds
I have a test rig with Office 2007 standard and Vista Enterprise: I have another test rig but with Windows 2003 SP1 and Office 2003 Pro: Both installations are vanilla and are on a brand new Vista accredited Dell machine. I wrote an Excel spreadsheet that includes a common VBA module which only iterates through ranges of cells changing the values as it goes. On the Win2003/Office2003 rig...
February 16th 07 03:16 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
3 478
Vista Ultimate "shutting down" suddenly freezes (spinning disc sto by mikeclem
Booting up into safe mode, it will shut down correctly but not when booted normally. No yellow symbols in Devices. AVG free installed & USB11v4 wireless Linksys adapter working fine. Nothing in task manager at point of shutting down. What else can I do to hunt down the cause?
February 16th 07 03:14 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post

From The