Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Uninstall Problem by R W Stewart
When trying to uninstall Norton (which is not working), I get message that "setup has stopped working". After reviewing comments of others on this subject I installed Advanced Uninstall Pro. When I ran this program to uninstall Norton, I got message "This application has failed to start because cclU.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem". I am a relative...
May 3rd 08 06:17 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 307
install home prem with ultimate disc by dontstealmyfish
i was wonderinf if its possible to install home premium with a valid-legal home premium product key, using a vista ultimate disc. since supposedly all vista versions are on the one disc. i was figuring it woudl ask for the product key, recognize it was a home premium key and install home premium. will this happen? thanks. -- dontstealmyfish
May 3rd 08 08:52 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
8 430
Vista Installation by Vicky
When I put the cd into my driver, the installation window does not appear. Help!
May 3rd 08 11:29 PM
by Vicky Go to last post
7 356
Digital Locker Assistant by DiAngelo
I can't access my digital locker downloads. I suspect that the vista digital locker assistant is corrupt. How can I reinstall this? Thanks, DiAngelo
May 4th 08 12:03 AM
by DiAngelo Go to last post
0 283
Langauge change by guinevere
Hi, i just recently purchased vista ultimate here in japan, under the garantee that i can change it completely to English. It has done so - mostly, including the control panel etc, but the security upgrades section is still all in japanese. Is there a way to change this? Thanks in advance,
May 4th 08 12:46 AM
by guinevere Go to last post
0 297
Service Pack Install by Mossie
Hi. I have numerous problems installing service pack 1 on my Dell Laptop running Vista Home Premium. I succeded in installing it first time, but when I next ran windows update and rebooted, after the logon screen I just got a black screen with the mouse pointer and nothing else. I restored from an image, did all the updates, then installed the SP1 - same problem. Now I restored image, and...
May 4th 08 09:34 AM
by Mossie Go to last post
4 223
problem after installing Vista SP1 by Gerrit-vL
After installing SP1 for Vista (Home Basic) during Startup the cursor stays fluttering and the processor is fully occupied. When I open the taskmanagement window I see that the process Ati2evxx.exe exists alternating from 1 to 4 times. After forced terminating one of them the cursor doesn't tremble any more and the processor is freed so that I can start working.
May 4th 08 09:46 AM
by Gerrit-vL Go to last post
2 283
How much hardware am I allowed to change on a OEM install? by Ursa[_2_]
Hi! I think I read somewhere that Vista has a "points system" when using an OEM version of their OS. When you've reached enough points Windows will be disabled. Anyone know specifically how this works? Thanks in advance :D
May 4th 08 10:39 AM
by Bender Go to last post
1 186
WVHP help languaje by ramonzlo
Hi, I am a spanish WVista user, the problem is that currently my computer is used by other people all around the world, i want install WVHP in english languaje, but i need the WVista Help in spanish. How can I install WVHP in english and Help files in spanish? Thank for your help. I have original license for WVHP
May 4th 08 11:08 AM
by ramonzlo Go to last post
0 189
Vista Installation after Digital Locker Download by Brandon
I'm using VMWare Fusion on a MacBook Pro, and I've partitioned my hard drive to run Windows Vista. After buying and downloading the three Windows Vista installation files (boot.wim, install.wim, and X14.exe), I've been unable to successfully launch Vista Installer from the Intel DOS screen using VMWare. I'm queried to insert the installation disc, and, when I do (with the three files on a...
May 4th 08 11:19 AM
by Brandon Go to last post
0 187
VISTA WILL NOT Boot Unless USB DISABLED in BIOS by Sean Price[_2_]
1'st things 1st,, I BELIEVE this is a seperate issue from my earlier posts and I hope you agree and allow this very "different" email.. so THANK YOU and I appreciate it! Problem: Vista will not load up Normal, once I get to account selection screen, mouse and keyboard are unresponsive. REpair mode did not resolve issue. Attempted various restore points from 4/23/08 going 30 days back. I can...
May 4th 08 01:33 PM
by Grey[_3_] Go to last post
4 209
Installation of Multiple Boots - Can I just clone disk image and set up boot manually? by mixermanic
Hi guys, I have a need to install 4 systems of Vista on a single machine (4 partitions of my main system hard disk). Given that Vista always seems to see its own system drive as C, would it be possible to create my "master image" with SP1, all my drivers, utilities, system tweaks, and other "generic" applications (like Office/Acrobat etc), and then just clone this drive across to all the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 4th 08 07:42 PM
by philo Go to last post
11 375
Security - Hard Disk by Riddler
Purchased a Toshiba laptop with Vista Install....tried to install XP Pro but setup states 'can't see hard drive'. Any suggestions please. -- Thanks for your input as always..Ciao
May 4th 08 10:49 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
5 222
vertual memory by noy
how can i reset my vertual memory to kis recomended mega bytes?
May 5th 08 05:22 AM
by Brink Go to last post
1 202
Asia language packs by Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)
Is there a way to order a CD containing all language packs in Asia? How redist that could be downloaded? I don't want to rely on Window$Update. -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.25.1 ^ ^ 20:04:01 up 1 day 29 min 1 user load average: 1.02 1.03 1.00 ºî ´© (CSSA):
May 5th 08 09:54 AM
by Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) Go to last post
3 206
Windows Vista 30 Day Activation Period Finished by Ivo Pereira - 3GNT.Net - Portugal
Hello, everyone! We have a Windows Vista Upgrade PC installed, and more than 30 days ago. Recently, Windows Vista began to complain again about activation not being done (this after updates were installed on the system) and today it refuses to let me login, offering the "infamous" Limited mode. Our worker that used the PC did not warn us about the error, and Windows vista kept complaining...
May 5th 08 11:28 AM
by Brink Go to last post
1 254
Remove or KILL KMS server? by Karl Mitschke
We have a vista PC that is regestered in DNS as a KMS server (nslookup -q=SRV _VLMCS._TCP shows this PC) How can we have the person who is running this PC kill the KMS service so we can create a valid KMS on a Server 2003 or 2008 box? Thanks Karl
May 5th 08 02:08 PM
by Karl Mitschke Go to last post
0 202
Please help with my vista home premium by learning
I have some files that I copy from my old computer that was Windows xp home edition, now when I try to open them in my new computer, which is Vista home premium, (I insert the cd in the E: ) nothing happen, how can I solve this problem. TK
May 5th 08 04:40 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 202
Help please by cornelius
Hello everyone First of all i`ve got to say that i`m not too good at it(computering) I`ve re-installed windows few days ago and it seems that i have drivers missing, is there a way to find out what`s missing in my system so i can download it(solve it) I also tried to install SonicStageMasteringStudio and it asked me for PxEngine, i found in internet was pxengine3_00_58a, and now when i`m...
May 5th 08 04:51 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
4 235
Is your Vista slow to re-establish the network after wake from sleep? by turnstyle
Hi all, just wondering if a problem I'm having is limited to me, or if it's a general Vista thing. If you put your Vista PC (I'm on a laptop) to sleep, then wake it, and (right after it wakes) try to visit a Web site -- does it take a little while before that works for you? With XP / Win200 I can immediately get online after it wakes, but with Vista I have to wait -- so I'm curious to know if...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 5th 08 05:01 PM
by Chuck E Go to last post

From The