Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Moving the Docs, Pictures and Music Folders to a specified partition by Rat_uk
just installed vista home premium. on my old xp machine i had 5 partitions, one for docs, one for pics, one for OS, one for temp files and one for music i seem to be making a mess of moving the docs, pics, music folders default locations from c:\users\rat when i move the docs folder, the music and pictures one goes with it. i get an option to move all other folders at the same time. i'm not...
February 10th 07 11:53 AM
by Rat_uk Go to last post
4 231
VISTA BOOT FROM DVD???? by Rat_uk
asus pe2 pundit barebone won't boot won't boot the vista oem installation cd. it will load xp but with vista you do not even get to the 'press any key to boot from cd' prompt. vista is a dvd. is this anything to do with it? (although the pundit does have a dvd drive)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 17th 07 11:23 PM
by Mellowed Go to last post
15 267
VISTA BOOT FROM DVD PROBS by Rat_uk
asus pe2 pundit barebone won't boot won't boot the vista oem installation cd. it will load xp but with vista you do not even get to the 'press any key to boot from cd' prompt. vista is a dvd. is this anything to do with it? (although the pundit does have a dvd drive)
March 17th 07 05:10 PM
by Rat_uk Go to last post
5 159
Permissions by Rat_UK
I have just installed vista home premium and tried to install my first program which is a motherboard driver update. i am trying to save into the 'program files' folder but it tells me that i don't have permission 'contact the administrator' i have created my own user account and i am an administrator (not standard account). why can't i save to this location?
February 6th 07 06:44 PM
by Rat_UK Go to last post
1 143
f o l d e r s?????????????????// by Rat_uk
just installed vista home premium. on my old xp machine i had 5 partitions, one for docs, one for pics, one for OS, one for temp files and one for music i seem to be making a mess of moving the docs, pics, music folders default locations from c:\users\rat when i move the docs folder, the music and pictures one goes with it. i get an option to move all other folders at the same time. i'm not...
February 20th 07 07:53 PM
by Rat_uk Go to last post
0 239
Vista Ultimate Upgrade - error 0x8007001F at expanding files by Rav
Hi All.. Despite many attempts I cant get to install the retial as a upgrade of my RC2 installation: just wanted to seek advice before going clean install. Basically the upgrade warns that some programs wont work after install, but that these wont effect the installation itself. It then copies the files, then gathers the files to 100%. Immediately it changes to expanding files 0% I get an...
March 20th 07 07:36 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 210
Missing CD/DVD Drivers? by Ravage
Hi I'm having exactly the same problem with my Asus motherboard (P5W64 Pro) and installing vista 64 bit from a IDE CD/DVD rom drive with no drivers out on the net (and my sata dvd doesnt even show!) I've tried the IT8211 Drivers but unfortunately thats not worked :mad: Can someone help? Someone mentioned using a XP cd (-bviously my cd drive dont work at this point in the install so I need to...
May 15th 07 04:20 PM
by Ravage Go to last post
1 129
BSOD at the end of installation by raven
I tried to install Vista Home Premium. At the end of the installation i get a BSOD . The computer restarted before I could read the error. I rolled back the installation and after using eventviewer i found this errorcode: Type gebeurtenis: Fout Bron van gebeurtenis: System Error Categorie van gebeurtenis: (102) Gebeurtenis-ID: 1003 Datum: 5-8-2007 Tijd: 15:47:09
August 5th 07 06:07 PM
by dean-dean Go to last post
4 120
Driver_IRQL by Ravi
I have an ACER Laptop with Vista instlalled which I brought in November. Since then I have not installed any other hardware. In the past 1-1.5 months, the system is suddenly getting restarted with the memory being dumped with themessage DRIVER_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL. I restart the system in safe mode with networking and after some time again I go for normal mode and is usually successful. I...
May 3rd 08 01:39 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
6 513
Problem in installation of mercury quality center. by Ravi
When installing MQC, getting the following errors.. Following components were not downloaded successfully. 1.WebClient.dll Failed to open file for writing 2.WebClient.dll Cannot regsiter ActiveX server
January 8th 08 04:09 AM
by Madhu Go to last post
3 168
Windows Vista 32bit and 64bit by Ravynne
I have been reading up alot on vista, and so far I havent seen any answers to the two question I really have.. When Vista comes out in stores to buy, does the vista come with both 32 bit AND 64bit in 1 disc so that you can chose which one to install? And is it possible to have a 32bit Vista on 1 harddrive, 64bit on another harddrive using just the 1 Vista with the 2 formats that it comes...
January 30th 07 04:50 PM
by Sed Wer Go to last post
6 180
Vista Ultimate 64 Bit install by RAY
I recently purchased a Compaq Laptop. It is installed with Vista Home Premium or some such. I installed Vista Ultimate 32 on this machine, and never used the 64 bit disk. Am I allowed to use the 64 bit Ultimate Disk on the laptop and upgrade it? Also, this laptop has Works and not Word on it? Am I allowed to install Word on more than one machine?
December 2nd 07 04:55 PM
by John[_4_] Go to last post
2 143
uninstalling Vista Home by Ray
I have used XP Pro on this computer for over two years, i bought Vista..i dont like it at all, and want to go back to XP Pro, but i get a message telling me , that as i have a newer version of windows, my computer is not compatable for Xp pro
August 21st 07 01:28 AM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
3 127
Activation needs fix by Ray
So have been usinig Vista Ultimate since the official release date and have had to reactivate every 2-3 months. Sunday I upgraded my video card driver (ATI Radion X1950) and I have to activate today or Vista tells me it will shutdown. Of course, since about last December I had been thru this so mant times its now always necessary using the telephone to a live person method because nothing...
August 31st 07 08:36 AM
by trueone Go to last post
1 117
Weird Network Discovery Reset Problem! by Ray
I am using Vista Business, with a wireless connection to a private network. I have enabled network discovery in the Network and Sharing Center, and set the network type to private. Here is the problem: I can see & contact other computers on the private network with no problem - except that periodically, for some unknown reason, Network Discovery seems to turn itself back off. After that, when I...
October 7th 09 01:33 PM
by lemur Go to last post
8 172
failed upgrade please help by ray
I tried to upgrade my vista all went fine then after rebooting it fell over. The situation is I have had to install a new install but on the hard drive is "windows old" this has all my info accounts etc and of course all my programs. My question is can I get back my origanal settings, can I upgrade "old windows" ? Help please because this is going to take a long time to get back to where I
November 15th 07 09:54 PM
by ray Go to last post
2 122
Swiss German keyboard layout (unattended setup) by Ray
Hello, I ran into problems with my unattended setup. When I start the setup, it shows me the setup screen to enter the language and keyboard layout. So most probably, there's something wrong in my answer file (uswing WAIK) Well, I put away the whole project for a while but decided to give it a try again. In my first attempt I tried those settings: component...
February 1st 08 08:00 AM
by Ray Go to last post
0 150
Windows defender error by Ray
When I want to check/start Windows Defender "Vista" I get the following error message " Application failed to Initialize: 0x80070006. The handle is invalid". Does anybody know what this is and how to solve the problem. As you can understand Windows Defender will not start. Note: installed Vista today , 12/29/2007. thanks Ray
January 2nd 08 05:36 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
1 138
Can't install or boot Vista without an IDE drive present by Ray Costanzo
Hi group, I built a new computer for Vista (specs below) that has two SATA drives. Prior to installing Vista, I installed XP Pro 64 on a partition on SATA drive #1. Everything went fine with that installation, and I did not have to do the "press F6 to install drivers" during the installation. XP recognized the drives and installed to one without issue. I then tried to install Vista 64...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 15th 07 04:14 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
10 621
promise by Ray D
I cannot install from xp pro sp2 to Windows Home Premium. I know I should of gotten the Business or Ultimate but its to late I broke the seal, lol. My problem right now is that it wants the Promise driver (ultra.sys for the ultra66 miniport) but it won't recognize that one and the Promise site offers no new drivers so I have made no progress in installation at all. I have to say this is the...
February 4th 07 04:16 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post

From The