Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
my profile by CMRudoltz
as I am trying to read and get assistance from microsoft,I get a message,update your profile,I have tried and cannot do this at all, I get back some,sorry,what looks like gibberish to me with a series of commands that are way above my head,Im truly getting annoyed at this new system,andnow the silly computer of mine of 4 days
February 16th 07 03:13 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
4 347
will not go to screen saver by Daddyman
I have a new dell pc that came with vista home premium pre-installed. The machine will not go to screen saver no matter what I try. Does anyone have any suggestions?
February 16th 07 03:08 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
3 323
registering DLL files by ozzie
Useing Vista Home Premium on a new computor.. unable to register dxmsft3dll.. in the system 32 folder useing .......regsvr32 dxtmsft3.dll nor dxtmeta2dll.. in the system folder useing.. regsvr32.exe dxtmeta2.dll both come up with "The Module Failed to Load"
February 16th 07 03:08 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
1 274
unable to install office2003 in vista by davey
i try ito install office 2003 sutudent edition into vista. but it just shows " the system could not find the environment option that was entered." please tell me what is wrong with me. thanks.
February 16th 07 03:07 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
1 320
How to later upgrade from Vista Home Basic Edition to Vista Ultima by Aromes
I've just bought a laptop from DELL and it came with Vista Home Basic Edition (which I find worthless since it does not make that much difference with the Windows XP/Media Center I bought couple of years ago). Anyway, I am gathering money in order to buy the MS Windows Vista Ultimate Edition. What's the best way to do that: -Should I simply buy the Ultimate Edition and install it over the...
February 16th 07 03:06 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
2 301
Setup has now become Vista General II(Miscellaneous) instead of Setup by Chad Harris
I wonder why people don't post their general Vist questions in the Vista general group instead of here. CH
February 16th 07 03:04 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
0 268
I need something new for my windows 98 by EnFuego
I just got permission to put the windows 98 computer in my room and now i would greatly enjoy a new windows media player for my compouter. The one that came on it is getting out of date. Does anyone happen to know what one i should get? i tryed to download wm player 10 for vista and xp, neither worked. Help please.
February 16th 07 03:03 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
7 382
Error Code: 0x800703E6 by Irfan
I get the above error when copying files at 4%. Checked my iso file and it's fine. Any idea what's wrong?
February 16th 07 02:40 PM
by NiTsUd Go to last post
3 694
Vista on an Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X by Mike Bernstein
Has anyone managed to install Vista on an Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X motherboard based PC? If so, was it an upgrade from XP or a clean install? I have made several attempts to upgrade XP Pro to Vista Business without success. I have had many BODs and once past those, and on the final setup screen, Vista has told me on two occasions that it cannot configure a system component (without saying...
February 16th 07 09:16 AM
by Mike Bernstein Go to last post
4 372
Express upgrade from XP Pro to Vista by Chuteuk
Just got my new HP Compaq pc with XP Pro pre-installed. It's fully elgible for a vista upgrade to the buisness edition. But it's for the familly pc? I want home premium instead . Surely this must be possible somehoe, it won't let me swap on the upgrade website. Why do we want the buisness edition? Any help on how to solve this would be great. Thanks! ,chuteuk
February 16th 07 07:41 AM
by Rock Go to last post
8 328
Windows Vista Install - No Operating System by Carlos623
Ok, after upgrading to Windows Vista from Windows Media Center Edition, it worked fine. But after rebooting, it says that theres no Operating System found on my computer. Whats wrong here?
February 16th 07 05:45 AM
by BSchnur Go to last post
4 252
Windows Easy Transfer - 'Access is denied' by metalmouse
Hi I realy hope someone can help me out here, I was using xp pro when i started the easy transfer process onto a seporate hdd in my pc. I formated my windows drive when i was satisfied i had double backed up anything i'd need and had my 'from old pc' folder on another drive, and made a clean install of vista home premium. Now the problem with easytransfer starts when it tries to access and...
February 16th 07 04:42 AM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
3 284
Clean Vista Install - IE 7 DOA - Please Help by [email protected]
Hey everyone; I just did a clean install of Vista last night. I have been adding my programs, data, etc. All of a sudden IE 7 stops working. I get an error message for it starting, it doesn't crash or act weird, it just doesn't work at all. FireFox is totally fine, and my internet connection is fine. So, what to do? Can you reinstall IE 7 from something? I tried downloading it from the MS site,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 16th 07 03:02 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
11 456
Installing Vista on top of Vista - and then getting an Installation Error (Sony Vaio VGC-RB38G) by Chris Hagler
I had Windows Media Center 2005 on my Sony Vaio VGC-RB38G machine. Tried to upgrade with a Home Premium Upgrade Key that I purchased with my Upgrade Version of Windows Vista Ultimate upgrade. The installation failed and tried to roll back to my previous version of XP. When the computer restarted - Windows XP would not boot and hung - the rollback was unsuccessful. Now I have a computer...
February 16th 07 01:42 AM
by smurfboy W.VA. Go to last post
3 289
Am I getting this right?! by Greg
If I'm hearing things correctly, Microsoft has mangled the hell out of the install, so the upgrade version of Vista will only install if the program finds an INSTALLED version of Windows (qualifying product)? Any technician with an ounce of experience knows it's ALWAYS better to do a clean install, if it's a viable option. So if I'm getting this straight, we can no longer pop in our...
February 16th 07 01:37 AM
by smurfboy W.VA. Go to last post
3 293
Samsung HD300LJ SATA Drive - Cant't load Vista or WinXP (now fixed - almost - maybe) by BobS
This is just a follow-up as to what I did to get Vista/WinXP to load onto this Samsung hdd. Initial problem was I could not load any operating system on this drive but it tests fine, has been partitioned and formatted under WinXP Pro and Vista. I can use the drive as storage - works great. Drive was made a Basic drive - never dynamic. Whether the drive was installed by itself or with...
February 16th 07 12:48 AM
by R. J. Salvi Go to last post
4 378
Vista multiboot by jazztalker
I know there are several topics on this already, but I'm reading things that are seeming to give different answers and I'm confused. I have Vista Home Premium on my computer already (came that way when I bought it) and want to install Windows XP as well (some programs for work don't work with Vista yet). Do I have to get rid of Vista first or can I just partition my hard drive and add...
February 15th 07 11:31 PM
by Michael Jennings Go to last post
5 288
Hard Disk Controller by TerryS
The installation of Vista get stopped during the compatability check and I get the message that I need to get updated driver software for these devices: IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers - Standard IDE/ESDI Hard Disk Controller. I found the drivers installed and put them where I could point the program at them to no avail. I've tried to find updated drivers but could not find anything. My MOB is...
February 15th 07 11:26 PM
by TerryS Go to last post
2 269
installing update 7... HELP! by CSL
I just installed Windows Vista Home Premium over Windows XP SP2. The install took about two hours but it went fine. I then tried to restart my computer and it said it was going to install some updates (I don't recall asking it to). It began to install a series of 10 updates. All went by quickly until it got to update 7. I have now been waiting 4 hours to access my computer and all I see...
February 15th 07 11:12 PM
by glpride Go to last post
5 341
Booting by B Shealey
I want to do a clean install of rc1. I have used MagicISO to unmount the file and have burned it to a DVD. Porblem is, my computer will not boot off the DVD. ANy suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 15th 07 10:59 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post

From The