Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
RC2 Install Hangs @ Completing Installation by RobertLane
RC1 installed OK on this machine but had a note to update Linksys NIC card driver with ? in Device Mgr. When I did a clean install with RC2 - several attempts all froze after reaching the Completing Installation step - I let it sit for 6 hours and but did not budge. After removing the Linksys NIC and reinstalling it came right up. I then downloaded and installed the Linksys updated...
February 15th 07 09:51 PM
by asdfgasdfgsdfgasdfgasdfgasdfgasdfgasdfg Go to last post
3 352
Uninstall Vista by Patraca
Excuseme for my english, it isn't very well. How can I reinstall windows xp in my computer? I have a Laptop Compaq Presario V3017LA, It didn't come with a Windows XP CD, It has a Recovery System's Partition in D: but I can't access to it from Windows Vista, I Upgrade XP to Vista and I have just one Operating System (Windows Vista now), I hope you answer my question. See you my e-mail is...
February 15th 07 09:48 PM
by asdfgasdfgsdfgasdfgasdfgasdfgasdfgasdfg Go to last post
6 266
XP Pro upgrade to Vista Ultimate/Business Question by JHinOC
I just bought a refurb'd Tablet PC that's 'Vista Capable'. Unfortunately I made a mistake: the tablet has XP Pro preinstalled instead of XP Tablet PC Edition. In theory, I could get the manufacture to do an OS swap for me, but since Vista has much better Table PC support, I am thinking about upgrading the OS. My question: I have a full version of Vista Ultimate. Even though it is an...
February 15th 07 09:08 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 281
Install vista remotely and have Remote desktop default to on by Phil
Can it be done. I figure the few things that would have to happen would be. Pass the activation key. Create a user and password - Most likey I would create an admin account Enable remote desktop and have that user in the access list. I'd like to be able to dial in and start the install and when it completes I'd like to connect to the new OS via remote desktop.
February 15th 07 08:00 PM
by Phil Go to last post
0 262
Install of Home Premium Hangs Up @ Expanding Files by T000L
I have Windows XP Pro on my machine... I bought the upgrade to Home Premium. Each time I try and do the clean install it hangs up on the Expanding Files part of the setup and becomes non-responsive. I can't figure out what the problem is. I have rebooted and updated windows and deleted all the software noted in the Vista Upgrade Advisor that was noted incompatible or may not work. Its a...
February 15th 07 07:57 PM
by T000L Go to last post
0 249
Vista home premium upgrade by GaGreg
I bought Vista home premium upgrade and it will not run on my current computer, I was going to buy a new desktop and was wondering if the premium would upgrade the Vista basic?
February 15th 07 07:50 PM
by Rock Go to last post
1 252
Vista Upgrade Failure on XP Pro by BJ4444
I have tried three times now to install Vista Business Upgrade on My XP Pro, Dell 5150. It has 1 GB RAM, ATI 128 Mb Radeon video, 250 Gb WD SATA hard drive. I removed all extraneous hardware, all USB external drives, kvm swtch, etc. I uninstalled Mcaffee and cleaned the registry entries. I emptied the reycle bin. I go through the upgrade install (I don't want to lose all of my drivers and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 15th 07 07:13 PM
by Dale \Mad_Murdock\ White Go to last post
26 589
Anytime Upgrade - Impossible with RAID PC's? by DeepestBlue
Hey guys, desperately looking for help here =(. I used the Anytime Upgrade from Business to Ultimate. When it's almost completing the upgrade process, I get a BSOD and it seems like Windows forgot to include my very important RAID drivers. During the upgrade process there is NO option to load these drivers. Dead-end? Please help! Thank you so much!
February 15th 07 06:34 PM
by Shinchan Go to last post
2 236
Windows x64 Install on Promise 378 RAID by dj_ely
Hello, I have an Asus A8V Deluxe motherboard and have a RAID 0 Array set up where i need to install Windows x64 Ultimate edition. I have searched all over the net but no body seems to be able to install Windows Vista on the Promise 378 Raid controller. I have contacted both Promise and Asus and nether seem to think it is their problem. I really would like to get it working has anyone managed...
February 15th 07 06:20 PM
by dj_ely Go to last post
2 234
Adobe Reader 8 TEMP folder by Nigel Molesworth
When I try to install Adobe Reader 8 I get a message saying the TEMP folder is "full or inaccessible", I get the same thing on two RTM Vista PCs.
February 15th 07 06:13 PM
by Marco Go to last post
9 333
INFO: Vista x64 Not Loading on SATA drive by BobS
I promised a follow-up when I finally got Vista x64 up and running: System: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe with version 1303 BIOS (latest) set to defaults (no overclock settings) 2Gb memory 2x Asus GeForce 6800 graphics in non-SLI mode PS2 keyboard and mouse Hard drive = SATA (1 only)
February 15th 07 02:52 PM
by KYHighlander Go to last post
3 273
Vista home premium upgrade by Bob L
Yes, Windows Vista Premium upgrade will work from Vista Home Basic "GaGreg" wrote: I bought Vista home premium upgrade and it will not run on my current computer, I was going to buy a new desktop and was wondering if the premium would upgrade the Vista basic?
February 15th 07 01:49 PM
by Bob L Go to last post
0 226
Trashed my Nvidia Driver by MSM
Recently installed Vista. Tried to get my Geforce2 MX 400 to work more like it does in XP. In the process it looks like I erased the default XDDM drivers (signed by microsoft). I can only install the Standard VGA driver and I find an older Geforce2 MX driver (not signed my MS) which makes Vista crash. How do I get the default driver back. I looked in the Vista CD to no avail. I also...
February 15th 07 11:36 AM
by Frankster Go to last post
7 258
Difference between Vista OEM and non OEM by Tom
I've been thinking of purchasing vista home premium. What i want to know is, if you have an OEM version and you want to install the operating system on a new hard drive, will it let you? I've heard that OEM can only be installed on one system and non-OEM can be put on another computer. I hardly have a clue what I'm talking about and if anyone could help me out that would be great. Thanks -Tom
February 15th 07 07:08 AM
by Donald McDaniel Go to last post
3 241
Make 1.5 million in 11 minutes by Virgin Mobile
Find out how Roy . Made over 1 million in 15 minutes. http://alberta-oilsands.blogspot.com/
February 15th 07 05:32 AM
by Virgin Mobile Go to last post
0 260
Latest goofy Vista bug by Adam Albright
Vista just for fun, without asking of course decided to kill my Internet connection, but just for web sites. I have a always on broadband connection from WOW which works quite well, is fast, and on 99% of the time. Its on now... obviously, I just send this post. So I DO have Internet access. This will make you chuckle. I was in another newsgroup and clicked on a embedded link to some
February 15th 07 04:45 AM
by joseph2k Go to last post
7 237
Upgrade WinXP Pro to Vista Ultimate by John
I want to upgrade my Windows XP Pro to Vista Ultimate. My software supplier tells me there is no Upgrade version available to do this. I would have to buy the full version of Vista and he doesn't recommend that. From the MS web site I thought XP Pro to Ultimate was an upgrade path. Are they correct? Thanks, John
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 15th 07 04:39 AM
by Rock Go to last post
12 421
VISTAL CLEAN INSTALL AND OTHER MICROSOFT PROGRAMS by WayneJ
I recenlty purchased Microsoft Office Small Business 2007 Upgrade and installed it on my XP PC and activated it. I'd decided to purchase a Vista Upgrade and do a clean install. Will I have a poblem activating the Office 2007 and my other MS programs like Frontpage when I have to reinstall after Vista is on? Wayne
February 15th 07 03:47 AM
by Rock Go to last post
3 305
Discussion: Gotta ask by DJ Bjorklund
I'm a bit off topic in that I'm looking for input on why, yet again, there is so much difficulty with installing the current release of the Windows Family operating system. Or... is that a false conclusion driven by my reading this group? And as I think about that, logically it seems that persons who participate in this, or any other computing news group would be those best equipped, or more...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 15th 07 03:06 AM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
34 705
Note of Thanks by BobS
Not out of the woods yet with Vista but it sure has been an enlightening week.... I'm still working several hardware issues which I think in the end will be resolved simply by upgrading the hardware and be done with it. The reason for this post is to let the MVP's know (even the grumpy ones...) that their help has been greatly appreciated. You do this voluntarily and a lot of users don't...
February 15th 07 12:23 AM
by Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User Go to last post

From The